***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,283,204 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope this Brantley speech makes it's way out at some point because I'd love to hear it
Ryan34
AG
Benitendi is an intriguing option IMO.
3B Paul 97
AG
Seabreeze said:

ShotOver said:

What time is 1st pitch tonight? I can't find it anywhere!

March 30TH TBD.

Why is Dusty putting out this lineup?!?! Didn't they get enough rest in the off-season? /TexAgs probably
3B Paul 97
AG
tjack16 said:

I hope this Brantley speech makes it's way out at some point because I'd love to hear it

This type of leadership is why it would be good to have guys like him and JV around for another year or two.
Teddy Perkins
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
We made it y'all!

[url=https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1589310896190341120][/url]
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Shocked it took so long for someone to make this
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

If I'm crane… I'd send them a ring with a note "To the real MVPs. Thank you so much for all you have done with your gift of Yordan. You helped uplift a city."
Prosperdick
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Yeah. That move is so easy to second guess. I think Peña's single was so big. If he doesn't get on, I think Wheeler pitches to Yordan with 2 outs and may even pitch around him.
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is Yordan's first AB against Wheeler, he just missed a homer by going the other way. It ended up a lazy fly but I know off the bat many thought it was out.

Third time through the order, Yordan has now seen all his pitches and Wheeler is losing 1-2 MPH off his heater (96-97 rather than 98-99 from earlier in the game).

He leaves him in and Yordan does anything they will ask him why he didn't pull him.
Deluxe
AG
AggiEE said:

Shocked that Click was willing to go after Contreras for Urquidy? Massive overpay. You could deal Urquidy and get much better haul in return.

Definitely side with Crane/Dusty, and am extremely surprised Click was so trigger happy on that move. I thought he had a better grasp of value.

Totally agree. Could partially explain Crane's current indecision to bring him back.
cablinaggie
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Yeah. That move is so easy to second guess. I think Peña's single was so big. If he doesn't get on, I think Wheeler pitches to Yordan with 2 outs and may even pitch around him.
And speaking of Pena's single, it just goes to show how fine the line is in playoff baseball. If Edmundo Sosa is two feet closer to the bag, he gets to that ball, they turn two, inning over.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
On calls with folks in Va and Pa today that are Phillie fans and they just cannot accept the Stros hat still. It wasn't an issue up until today.
Ag_07
AG
Posters for sale

https://houston-chronicle.myshopify.com/products/2022-set-of-all-3-november-6th-newspaper-editions
BoxingAg84
Wife works near city hall, she sent a text saying folks are already down there in droves. That was at 7:15am…
Silian Rail
Farmer1906 said:

Silian Rail said:

What's the infatuation with Rizzo? He's been fairly mediocre since his days in Chicago, and his OPS+ is barely better than average over the last 3 years. Actually Mancini seems like a better choice given the money we'd likely save, especially if he can recover the 291/364/535 form he had in 2019 pre-diagnosis.

You're going to have define what barely over avg means.

He was 27th overall in wRC+ (very similar stat). The very same 132 as Trey Mancini in 2019 you hope he returns to.

I was looking at Rizzo's OPS+ and it looks like 139/112/103 for his last 3 seasons.

For Mancini it is 101/106/134, so yes clearly Rizzo is better, but Mancini is 3 years younger and probably costs you $10 million a year less? Doesn't seem like you gain that much with Rizzo
The Porkchop Express
AG
Jeremy Pena's post-season numbers extrapolated to a full 162 game season.

150 runs scored
249 hits
62 doubles
50 home runs
100 RBI
.345 BA
.367 OBP
.638 SLG
1.005 OPS

So those are my minimum expectations for him in 2022. You got this, JP!

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Silian Rail said:

Farmer1906 said:

Silian Rail said:

What's the infatuation with Rizzo? He's been fairly mediocre since his days in Chicago, and his OPS+ is barely better than average over the last 3 years. Actually Mancini seems like a better choice given the money we'd likely save, especially if he can recover the 291/364/535 form he had in 2019 pre-diagnosis.

He was 27th overall in wRC+ (very similar stat). The very same 132 as Trey Mancini in 2019 you hope he returns to.

I was looking at Rizzo's OPS+ and it looks like 139/112/103 for his last 3 seasons.

For Mancini it is 101/106/134, so yes clearly Rizzo is better, but Mancini is 3 years younger and probably costs you $10 million a year less? Doesn't seem like you gain that much with Rizzo

Rizzo is a lefty who gets shifted a lot. The shift rule chance will have an interesting impact on quite a few hitters. Not saying they should overpay for him. And I admit it might just have been his ABs in the alcs. Seems like he had really good ABs the whole series. And he plays damn good D
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Posters for sale

https://houston-chronicle.myshopify.com/products/2022-set-of-all-3-november-6th-newspaper-editions
May want to check that that's legit. It's not on the chronicle's website.
tjack16
AG
This shirt is pretty cool. Also Jomboy has a shirt that I REALLY want … but don't know if I can bring myself to giving them money
Farmer1906
AG
Silian Rail said:

Farmer1906 said:

Silian Rail said:

Don't you think the most recent season is much more relevant than one that happened 3 years after a major life-changing event? Rizzo has a 12-year history. In the 5 years prior to this 3-year window you're looking at, he has a 139 OPS+.
GigEmMortis
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Jeremy Pena's post-season numbers extrapolated to a full 162 game season.

150 runs scored
249 hits
62 doubles
50 home runs
100 RBI
.345 BA
.367 OBP
.638 SLG
1.005 OPS

So those are my minimum expectations for him in 2022. You got this, JP!

Goodness. Really puts into perspective just how good he was this postseason.
gambochaman
AG
Its legit

I bought mine from there navigating from the main chron website
AustinCountyAg
tjack16 said:

This shirt is pretty cool. Also Jomboy has a shirt that I REALLY want … but don't know if I can bring myself to giving them money

if anyone buys an astros shirt from Jomboy they deserve to get kicked in the nuts. PERIOD

buy from ramshirts.com or Apollo Hou store
HarryRocket
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

On calls with folks in Va and Pa today that are Phillie fans and they just cannot accept the Stros hat still. It wasn't an issue up until today.

Stros hat?
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

Posters for sale

It's the Chron's Shopify store

Am I missing something?
chlavinka
AG
It's legit … I purchased the posters in 2017 and just now in 2022. The charge on my credit card was from Hearst Newspapers.
gambochaman
AG
Ag_07 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

Posters for sale

It's the Chron's Shopify store

Am I missing something?

Nope

Its legit
BMX Bandit
Rizzo going to cost north of $20mm. pass.
AustinCountyAg
The Porkchop Express said:

Got up at 7:15 a.m. today to take my daughter to the zoo. About 1 out of every 4-5 people was wearing Astro gear. Bought my daughter a stuffed monkey to take home and in the car she declared that she was naming him Jeremy.
Same kinda story with my 4 yr old girl. She saw Tucker hit the two HR's than one game and ever since she's in love with him. The running joke all weekend is that he is her boyfriend. lol
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09
AG
lolz; Houston board filled with a bunch of Karens with their panties in a wad over the parade.....
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Shocked it took so long for someone to make this
My favorite part has nothing to do with the music. I LOVE that Smoltz was saying "at bare minimum you gotta keep the game tied" then he quickly corrected himself and said "obviously the best case scenario is you go back to the next inning up one nothing."

The exact opposite happened!
Bag
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Rizzo going to cost north of $20mm. pass.
agree, we have internal options for 1B, LF, CF and C. Hell our biggest problem is figuring out what to do with absurd amount of high end starting pitching we have.

Solidify the bullpen, resign JV and lets go get another one
First Page Last Page
Page 2354 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.