***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,764 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Nino Brown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

I really hope he doesn't believe he wasn't tipping

He's not gonna admit he was tipping. 47 innings and 4 home runs. This team, their manager and especially Schwarber through Cora knew what they had on LMJ at the very start of the game. Has nothing to do with them "looking" for breaking stuff, they knew exactly when it was coming.
Premium
AG
Even if they didn't think tipping was going on he was getting rocked enough to get pulled down 4-0.
Ag_07
AG
What is the Schwarber/Cora correlation here?
Texaggie7nine
Might break this badboy out of the closet tomorrow. Been awhile.
7nine
1876er
AG
agproducer said:

No reason to worry. This team bounces back. We saw what happened in Game 2.

Philly did not outplay the Astros. They had two hits other than the home runs, and regardless of what Dusty says, the home runs came off tipped pitches. Let them be over confident.

Take tomorrow. Their pitching will not hold up.

No reason to worry? I'm still holding out hope, but if you aren't worried, you may need to check your pulse. I'm
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think Jack Daniels connected the dots
agdaddy04
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He's not going to admit he is tipping

If by some miracle this makes a game 7, you just know Dusty is gonna have him start and leave him in until they have a 7 run lead. Lance better figure his crap out quick. He's been a massive disappointment these last two starts.

He can get two innings like he did in 2017 G7 and give it his all. Then Urquidy can take on the role of CM and close it out.
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

If by some miracle this makes a game 7, you just know Dusty is gonna have him start and leave him in until they have a 7 run lead. Lance better figure his crap out quick. He's been a massive disappointment these last two starts.
You manage Game 3 of a series far differently than you do Game 7. If the Astros bats had shown a pulse, plated a run or two Dusty would not have tried to stretch out LMJ in this game either.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

He was on the red sox's last year when we faced them in the ALCS
agdaddy04
AG
Ag_07 said:

He was in Boston
W
AG
2 chances left to get the series back to Houston
Nino Brown
Ag_07 said:

You don't think Cora's jab at losing to the Astros last year and wishing Schwarber good luck in the series had nothing to do with info Cora passed on LMJ? You're sorely mistaken in who Alex Cora is.

https://nesn.com/2022/10/alex-cora-reveals-conversation-with-ex-red-sox-kyle-schwarber/
Nino Brown
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

I think Jack Daniels connected the dots

I don't drink bud
BadAggie
AG
Did the Astros never change Cora's login?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

You manage Game 3 of a series far differently than you do Game 7. If the Astros bats had shown a pulse, plated a run or two Dusty would not have tried to stretch out LMJ in this game either.
It would have done is zero good to yank Lance earlier. We conserved arms and we'll be ready for tomorrow. Hopefully Javier doesn't have to be perfect.
Ag_07
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Ag_07 said:

He was on the red sox's last year when we faced them in the ALCS

Shlt...Never realized that.
agproducer
AG
Nope. I must be dead.
BadAggie
AG
Nino Brown said:

Ag_07 said:

You don't think Cora's jab at losing to the Astros last year and wishing Schwarber good luck in the series had nothing to do with info Cora passed on LMJ? You're sorely mistaken in who Alex Cora is.

https://nesn.com/2022/10/alex-cora-reveals-conversation-with-ex-red-sox-kyle-schwarber/

1,000%.

Only question is if it was just LMJ or more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Dusty has no idea how to manage game 7. He's lost every one he's ever been in. Tiger doesn't change it's stripes. He has shown a stubborn willingness to stick with guys who are obviously tapped out. It backfired in game 1, worked in game 2, and made the hole even deeper tonight. If we had a manager that had any urgency or even seemed like he slightly gave a damn, I might be inclined to agree with your argument.

He needs to quit hitting the 430 matinee at Golden Corral before games. Puts him to sleep by game time.
Cromagnum
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Sitting on offspeed pitches...how many were knocked out of the park on the 1st pitch?
Nino Brown
BadAggie said:

Nino Brown said:

Ag_07 said:

1,000%.

Only question is if it was just LMJ or more.

dshedd41
S
I don't know what the hell I'm gonna write about tomorrow lol. We'll see
Gig’em Aggies!
Farmer1906
AG
**** Cora. Scumbag.
BadAggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

bearkatag15 said:

Sitting on offspeed pitches...how many were knocked out of the park on the 1st pitch?

Strange how that doesn't happen like that on the road for them.

Anyways, worst pitching performance happened in same game with worst offensive performance. That's the silver lining. Assuming the offense returns they'll be fine.
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dusty has no idea how to manage game 7. He's lost every one he's ever been in. Tiger doesn't change it's stripes. He has shown a stubborn willingness to stick with guys who are obviously tapped out. It backfired in game 1, worked in game 2, and made the hole even deeper tonight. If we had a manager that had any urgency or even seemed like he slightly gave a damn, I might be inclined to agree with your argument.

He needs to quit hitting the 430 matinee at Golden Corral before games. Puts him to sleep by game time.
agproducer
AG
Yeah, I don't want to take about Game 3 anymore. Time to focus on tomorrow.
Eso si, Que es
My all time favorite major league team is still playing tomorrow, Nov. 2nd. If you can't be hyped about that, then you don't have a pulse.

We are in the World Series for the 4th time in 6 years. We are the mother fuggin Targaryen dynasty at this point, need more hype in chat. The series is 2-1, and all we have to do is fix some of our starting pitching and bats.

LET'S FUGGIN GO

jkag89
1876er said:

agproducer said:

Philly did not outplay the Astros. They had two hits other than the home runs, and regardless of what Dusty says, the home runs came off tipped pitches. Let them be over confident.

No reason to worry? I'm still holding out hope, but if you aren't worried, you may need to check your pulse. I'm
Will your worry help the Astros one iota? Do I still get frustrated and anxious during games? Sure, but I learned long ago I enjoy the Game a lot more when I just go along for the ride.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This is why dusty would be awful in a game 7. Wait till the crap has already hit the fan to even prepare to do anything about it.
1876er
AG
jkag89 said:

1876er said:

agproducer said:

Will your worry help the Astros one iota? Do I still get frustrated and anxious during games? Sure, but I learned long ago I enjoy the Game a lot more when I just go along for the ride.

I'm not losing sleep over it, but the Phils look a lot better right now that the Astros.
Ag_07
AG
I have a bigger problem with Maldy, Miller, or Dusty not ever making one mound visit to discuss with Lance.
BadAggie
AG
Javier has had a good start this postseason before pitching in the WS, like Framber. JV and McCullers had bad starts before the WS.

ClickClack
AG
Farmer1906 said:

**** Cora. Scumbag.

I'm sincerely confused. What did Cora do wrong here…
BadAggie
AG
I think Javier and the bullpen give the Astros the pitching performance they need to win tomorrow. The question is if the offense will show up. The hope is the offense picked the right game tonight to lay its goose egg in the series. Unless Javier has some bad tells I think he will have a quality start. It's all on the offense tomorrow
AggiEE
BadAggie said:

I think Javier and the bullpen give the Astros the pitching performance they need to win tomorrow. The question is if the offense will show up. The hope is the offense picked the right game tonight to lay its goose egg in the series. Unless Javier has some bad tells I think he will have a quality start. It's all on the offense tomorrow

Being aggressive helped G2 early, but I honestly wish our hitters would be more patient and allow the rest of the team to get good looks at their pitchers so we can adjust during the game

Getting quick outs just doesn't do the team any favors
First Page Last Page
Page 2066 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.