***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

4,962,699 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is a good thing...

For the Braves.
Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

Officers said they entered the home where they witnessed Ozuna grabbing his wife by the neck and throwing her against a wall. Officers say Ozuna also hit his wife with a cast covering his fractured fingers.

Sandy Springs police body camera footage shows Ozuna with his hands on his wife before an officer yells to "get [his] hands off her" while pulling his Taser out and pointing it at Ozuna. The officer then can be heard ordering Ozuna to get on the ground where he leaves the Taser pointed at him.
He should have gotten a longer suspension the first time around.
The Beef01
AG
Y'all brought-up an interesting subject b/c I hadn't considered the Sonny Gray trade to the Yankees a few years ago.

I'd be curious to see the success rate of pitchers from teams like Oakland, Kansas City, Arizona, etc. when they get moved to the Yankees (Since '09, obviously).

I'm guessing the combination of going from pitcher-friendly parks and fan apathy to a band box and NY fans has a double-whammy effect of both tangible & intangible impacts.
All I do is Nguyen
So if you are putting $1000 dollars on the game today, with the line of:
Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

Who are you putting your money on
No matter what
Ag_07
AG
Odo has been downright awful since joining ATL.

He's given up 9 ER in 13.1 for a smooth 5.93 ERA. I'm those 13.1 IP he's given up 4 HRs and 6 walks. His BAA is a whopping .361

That's really really bad.

texasaggie2015
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

Gun to my head? Probably Atlanta.
The Beef01
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

I wouldn't bet this game....if McCullers builds on what he did last weekend, then the Astros bet looks great; if he isn't quite "there" yet, then you wasted money.

If this were LMJ's 5th start, then I'd be inclined to play....as only his 2nd and after such a dominating performance in his 1st, I'd stay away from it.
The Porkchop Express
All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

If I've been reduced to asking a bunch of knuckeleheads on the Internet, I'm putting the $1,000 back in my wallet.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
CFTXAG10
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

A medium rare steak, a glass or two of whiskey, and pocketing the rest.
Farmer1906
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

Drink the LMJ Koolaid.

Plus you know our boys aren't over the '21 WS. Time to make another statement this series.
The Beef01
AG
Ag_07 said:

He's given up 9 ER in 13.1 for a smooth 5.93 ERA. I'm those 13.1 IP he's given up 4 HRs and 6 walks. His BAA is a whopping .361

Welp....he is their problem now if/when they choose to leave him off the playoff roster and he starts griping and acting like a baby over it.
Faustus
Quote:

Quote:

This is a good thing...

For the Braves.

-1.2 bWAR on the season.

A replacement player should be an improvement.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/ozunama01.shtml
Ag_07
AG
That was a masterful move by Click to shed that contract.

Can you imagine having to endure an another entire season of Odorizzi while paying him another $8.5mm?
All I do is Nguyen
The Porkchop Express said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros +105
Braves -125
O/U 8
Astros +1.5 -180
Braves -1.5 +155

If I've been reduced to asking a bunch of knuckeleheads on the Internet, I'm putting the $1,000 back in my wallet.

I didn't know that asking for others opinions was such a bad thing.

Oh wait, I forgot what website I was on
No matter what
yawny06
AG
The Beef01 said:

Ag_07 said:

Welp....he is their problem now if/when they choose to leave him off the playoff roster and he starts griping and acting like a baby over it.
He has not been good at all. 3 of those 4 home runs were in the first two innings of his last game, including to a rookie who took him yard on his FIRST swing in the majors.

What was worse was that we matched him against Scherzer that night.

To his credit, he did come out after the rain delay and pitched well enough to eat some innings.

I am happy to not see Will Smith coming out of our pen though, especially after his July performances.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Faustus
SIAP.

Fangraphs runs the odds on the WS with the Astros down Brantley.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-dodgers-and-astros-face-injury-woes/
CFTXAG10
AG
Great article. Doesn't take the sting away from losing Brantley but I don't see a huge drop off in chances to win it all. Just gotta be hot at the right time.
MelvinUdall
Faustus said:

SIAP.

Reading that gave me a headache…
AustinCountyAg
The Beef01 said:

Y'all brought-up an interesting subject b/c I hadn't considered the Sonny Gray trade to the Yankees a few years ago.

I'd be curious to see the success rate of pitchers from teams like Oakland, Kansas City, Arizona, etc. when they get moved to the Yankees (Since '09, obviously).

I'm guessing the combination of going from pitcher-friendly parks and fan apathy to a band box and NY fans has a double-whammy effect of both tangible & intangible impacts.
I am sure it happens for all teams, but from what I've been told and some of the private twitter messages I have seen NY fans are on a completely different level. Things said that could/should be prosecuted in court. They are brutal when you are struggling up there.

Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Faustus said:

SIAP.

That's a good article, but they made a pretty big mistake.

It's not a Brantley for Yuli trade. If we play the optimal lineup (Chas in CF, Mancini at 1st) it's a Brantley for Diaz trade assembling he comes back come postseason.

The longer Yuli stays bad and Mancini stays decent, the harder it's going to be to keep the lineup as is.
The Beef01
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

The Beef01 said:

I am sure it happens for all teams, but from what I've been told and some of the private twitter messages I have seen NY fans are on a completely different level. Things said that could/should be prosecuted in court. They are brutal when you are struggling up there.

Yep...some guys embrace it and they thrive in that environment.

Some guys develop a hatred of the fanbase and become resentful of every corner of their working environment.

The problem for NY fan is that they think the 1st guy is just made tougher and the 2nd guy is soft.

Maybe it was that way at some point, but now, the 2nd guy definitely isn't soft, he just thinks they're a bunch of *******s and doesn't want to be associated with them.

If baseball ever implemented a hard cap, the Yankees (above all) would be absolutely screwed as they'd have a hell of a time getting FAs to agree to go there for equal money elsewhere and their culture would torch so many prospects who didn't light the world on fire from day 1.
FrioAg 00
AG
Where is the next day video tweet with the whole "good morning to everyone but…"

I am looking forward to that one today
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

The longer Yuli stays bad and Mancini stays decent, the harder it's going to be to keep the lineup as is.

Dusty says, "hold my beer."
EastCoastAgNc
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Where is the next day video tweet with the whole "good morning to everyone but…"

Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Perfection!
LonghornDub
I don't want to discourage all the fun on here,but if y'all go check the the stats splits for last 7, 15, and 30 games you'll discover Yuli is better than Mancini and Maldanado is about a push with Vzquez. If you think the new guys are as good at their positions as our regulars you're not paying attention. I'm glad to have the new guys as backups, but that's what they are. When Diaz comes back he's inf and lf. McCormiick and Dubn split cf unless they decide Leon is ok and decide to try talent over experience.

God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

FrioAg 00
AG
Outstanding
Red Five
AG
LonghornDub said:

I don't want to discourage all the fun on here,but if y'all go check the the stats splits for last 7, 15, and 30 games you'll discover Yuli is better than Mancini and Maldanado is about a push with Vzquez. If you think the new guys are as good at their positions as our regulars you're not paying attention. I'm glad to have the new guys as backups, but that's what they are. When Diaz comes back he's inf and lf. McCormiick and Dubn split cf unless they decide Leon is ok and decide to try talent over experience.

Since 8/2:

Mancini
13 G, 43 PA
4 HR, 10 RBI
.336 wOBA
123 wRC+

Yuli
13 G, 58 PA
0 HR, 6 RBI
.277 wOBA
81 wRC+

But hey, that's just "fan stuff"
Farmer1906
AG
LonghornDub said:

You might be able to pick out a random window where Yuli is better but the overall and most recent stuff is clearly in favor of Mancini.
Ag_07
AG
Stop looking at just BA
LonghornDub
Yuli. Mancini. Y. M. Y. M

,414. b/a. .227. Last 7. .452. OBP. .280. 483. SLG. 429

.286. Last 15. .313. 346

..282. .221. Last 30. .320. ..316. .359. 321

Per stats splits on Astros website

No 15 day splits on M
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Texaggie7nine
LonghornDub said:

ok Dusty.
7nine
First Page Last Page
Page 1019 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.