Joe Buck left Fox

2,588 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by . . .
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't see this on here, but Joe Buck is leaving Fox for ESPN.

This means no more Joe Buck for the World Series. I haven't met one person that likes his announcing, so this is a positive for baseball

45-70Ag
AG
Now if the World Series would just leave fox, we would be on to something.
Nitro Power
AG
He's over dramatic about pretty much every play call. A routine grounder to shortstop that any high school player can make..."good play by the shortstop"

I don't watch NFL, so this is a win.

Good riddance Bucky
double aught
AG
Never have gotten the hate for him.
Bonnettecj1
double aught said:

This
The Porkchop Express
AG
double aught said:

Because of calls like this on the same play.

"Altuve, deep to left field, and it's gone. Pretty good swing. "

"JUAN SOTO!!!! HE. HAS. DONE. IT!!!! THiS KID! WHAT A PLAYER! UNSTOPPABLE! THE GREATEST 20 YEAR OLD ON PLANET EARTH! NATIONALS CUT THE DEFiCIT TO 11-2!"
Bonnettecj1
When you google "Joe Buck Jose Altuve" these photos come up. EVERYONE thinks Joe Buck hates their team and it's pretty hilarious to me.

I thought his call of Altuve's walkoff in the 2019 ALCS was fantastic.

htxag09
AG
double aught said:

He's really not that bad. Baseball is a sport where fans watch their home team broadcast for 100+ games a year. So once they hear a neutral broadcast everyone is going to think he's "anti" whoever they are rooting for.

That being said, I won't miss him. He emphasizes weird moments. It's also almost like he forgets he's doing a series and not individual games. So the audience, for the most part, is watching him every day and he focuses on the same stories as if it's new. See Juan Soto being 20 years old.
redag06
As already mentioned, EVERY team fanbase thinks Joe Buck hates their team.
Aggies2009
AG
I don't think he "hates my team", nor do I hate Joe Buck, I just think he's boring. He wouldn't have a job if it weren't for his dad. He's calling the World Series and sounds like he's going through the motions. ESPN used to have some production with Dave O'Brien and Rick Sutcliffe which I really enjoyed. Sutcliffe gave awesome insight and commentary.

It's been a while, but his crying over the Randy Moss "moon" incident was pretty weak.
Mr.Bond
AG
Foxs production of WS is top notch imo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

CampingAg
AG
His voice is synonymous with October baseball and people didn't hate him until it became the cool thing to do on the Internet.
kb2001
AG
I don't hate him, he's just not a good announcer. He gets excited over relatively ordinary plays, and is flat toned during exciting plays. He's just not good at what he does.

I get there are a lot of people who think he hates their team. If everybody thinks you hate their team, you're probably not doing a good job. His job is to provide an entertaining broadcast and for people to enjoy watching it. He doesn't do that, and I'm glad he's off the World Series.
Mr.Bond
AG
His calls of Yulis homer in game 5 17 WS and Altuves ALCS Walkoff in 19 are some of my favorites ever
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG

MAGA

Proposition Joe
Guys like Buck, Costas and Collinsworth get a lot of hate because they can sometimes come off as overly-intellectual and smarmy.

But I'll take them talking about the intricacies of the game over guys like that just speak in cliches all the time... Every single game we won in the SEC Tournament was apparently due to "conviction".
BCSWguru
Comparing him to Costas and Collinsworth is hilarious. Those two are the worst.
htxag09
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Guys like Buck, Costas and Collinsworth get a lot of hate because they can sometimes come off as overly-intellectual and smarmy.

But I'll take them talking about the intricacies of the game over guys like that just speak in cliches all the time... Every single game we won in the SEC Tournament was apparently due to "conviction".
Not going to go into the overly-intellectual and smarmy comments, not even going to google smarmy to try.... But it's kind of a no brainer that the MLB World Series broadcast is better than an SEC basketball tournament that nobody, including the NCAA selection committee, cares about. Silly to even attempt to compare the two.
cajunaggie08
AG
LSCSN said:

Comparing him to Costas and Collinsworth is hilarious. Those two are the worst.
Those 2 are the best in my book. To each their own.
Proposition Joe
htxag09 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Not going to go into the overly-intellectual and smarmy comments, not even going to google smarmy to try.... But it's kind of a no brainer that the MLB World Series broadcast is better than an SEC basketball tournament that nobody, including the NCAA selection committee, cares about. Silly to even attempt to compare the two.

I wasn't comparing the two commentators, I was giving an example of the type of commentary that is vapid.

If you need someone as an example on a more widespread broadcast -- Joe Morgan. He would constantly ramble on about how certain hitters were better because "they wanted it more".
Grapesoda2525
The biggest benefit from this is he moves from FOX football to ESPN football. As a fan of the cowboys, he definitely hates my team and Aikman tries way too hard to be impartial that it almost sounds like he's scolding us or hoping we lose.

I'll go from hearing these guys 5-6 times a year to just once. Amazing!

Oh yeah and Joe buck brought up game 6 from the 2011 World Series like 200 times. Hopefully that **** stops too!
annie88
AG
double aught said:

Have you ever listened to him?

I think that pretty much explains it.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
. . .
Joe Davis & John Smoltz
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.