***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,341 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Tucker at leadoff please

If Tuve is 2-hole it slides Bregman to 4 and Gurriel to 6. 1, 3, and 5 should be the top lefties. Tucker or Alvarez have to be in the 3 slot. I can be convinced or Brantley at 1 or 5.

Whatever combo Pena, Chas, Siri, Maldo, Castro, Meyers, Diaz, etc should be in the 7-8-9.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Tucker at leadoff please

If Tuve is 2-hole it slides Bregman to 4 and Gurriel to 6. 1, 3, and 5 should be the top lefties. Tucker or Alvarez have to be in the 3 slot. I can be convinced or Brantley at 1 or 5.

Whatever combo Pena, Chas, Siri, Maldo, Castro, Meyers, Diaz, etc should be in the 7-8-9.
While Brantley seems to have the consistency of someone you want batting leadoff, it would be nice to have someone with some speed there.
bearkatag15
AG
I'd prefer Brantley hitting 3rd with Bregman and Yordan behind him to drive in runs. Altuve and Brantley are high OBP guys and Bregs and Yordan are 2 of the best HR guys on the team
Ag_07
AG
Why fix what ain't broke?
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Why fix what ain't broke?

Why settle for 90% when you can get 95%?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Red Five
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is perfect.
Mr.Bond
AG
Father time hasn't caught anyone quicker than it did PooHoles. Dude is probably 50
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Father time hasn't caught anyone quicker than it did PooHoles. Dude is probably 50

I'm not sure if this is a good deal or bad one.
n_touch
2.5 Million to go home and do a victory tour. Not a bad deal for him at all.
tjack16
AG
Good deal for both sides IMO. Cardinals fans should be excited for the victory tour
bigjag19
AG
It's really Beltran 2017 isn't it?
Ag4life80
AG
Hopefully, he won't be the instigator of a major cheating scandal the way Beltran was.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
astros4545
AG
EABC_AG
I am pretty worried about center field at this point. Chas is doing his best Bellinger impression so far this spring.
Wabs
AG
loma_vista78 said:

I am pretty worried about center field at this point. Chas is doing his best Bellinger impression so far this spring.
I've been worried about CF for over a year now.
EABC_AG
We really need positive development from Leon this year. I think Meyers can still be slightly above average, but we are really pushing our luck staring Chas in my opinion. He struck out so much last tear, and that trend appears to be continuing so far this spring.
Farmer1906
AG

MLB's Most Loaded Lineups

Quote:

8) Astros

[ol]
  • Jose Altuve, R, 2B
  • Michael Brantley, L, LF
  • Alex Bregman, R, 3B
  • Yordan Alvarez, L, DH
  • Yuli Gurriel, R, 1B
  • Kyle Tucker, L, RF
  • Chas McCormick, R, CF
  • Jeremy Peña, R, SS
  • Martn Maldonado, R, C

• [/ol]To lose George Springer and Carlos Correa in successive offseasons and still make this list speaks to the absurd level of talent the Astros have. But once again, this team will be tested. Houston is still trying to figure it out in center field, and now the prospect Peña will try to fill Correa's sizable shoes at short.

Still, with Alvarez (147), Tucker (139), Bregman (139) and Altuve (126) all projected by Steamer to post wRC+ marks above 120, the Astros retain a high floor and one of the most disciplined lineups in MLB. Tucker hilariously batted sixth and seventh in the postseason last year after posting a .294/.359/.557 slash in the regular season, but he has even more opportunity to shine now.

Lonestar_Ag09
    AG
    Where is Siri, I haven't heard anything about him this spring yet
    EastCoastAgNc
    AG

Framber alert
    KTAG05
    AG
    Visa issues..he is back in the lineup today
    agproducer
    AG
    It's a crime the Yankees are higher on this list, imo.
    agproducer
    AG
    At this point, I'd rather start Brinson in CF due to his potential. Hopefully, he can put it all together. He used to be a top prospect.
    EastCoastAgNc
    AG

This is the best one yet
    Lonestar_Ag09
    AG
    EastCoastAgNc said:

Framber alert
    Is it me or does it seem like we are REALLY heavy on playing minor leaguers this spring, a year in which the Spring is shortened. I guess that will change really quick though since the minor league season begins in a week, and I'd assume they wont go straight from ST to their season opener.
    EastCoastAgNc
    AG
    Farmer1906
    AG
    Lonestar_Ag09 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Framber alert
    Is it me or does it seem like we are REALLY heavy on playing minor leaguers this spring, a year in which the Spring is shortened. I guess that will change really quick though since the minor league season begins in a week, and I'd assume they wont go straight from ST to their season opener.
    It definitely seems like it. Keep in mind, our guys regularly play later than most players and have for years now. I think guys can get just as much work in on the practice fields as they can in ST games. Joe runs ST and has for years. I trust him to handle our guys.
    EastCoastAgNc
    AG
    . . .
    The Porkchop Express
    AG
    The Will Smith posts here have made my day.
    Feels so good, feelin' good again.
    EastCoastAgNc
    AG
    The cardinals TV crew is broadcasting the game today at 1:05 eastern. If you have MLB.tv, you can watch it there.
    Deluxe
    AG
    1. Tucker
    2. Altuve
    3. Yordan
    4. Bregman
    5. Yuli
    6. Brantley
    7. Centerfielder
    8. Pena
    9. Catcher

Fight me.
    Farmer1906
    AG

This means no 6 man rotation. Gotta feel for Javier a little. He's been pretty dang good as a starter.

In 19 starts he has a 3.42 ERA & 1.020 WHIP. Who wouldn't want that in their rotation?
    First Page Last Page
    Page 176 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.