***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,999 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I said this about a week ago but if Carlos doesn't come back, I'll be mad at Maldonado for leading people on
Farmer1906
AG
Start Castro
Sex Panther
AG
What was the tweet???
bullard21k
AG
Maldonado is highly annoying imo. I know some people love him but the guys gives me some Carlos Gomez vibes occasionally.

And I'm not just referring to this tweet or social media in general. I just find him a drama queen attention who#e a large portion of the time. That guy on your roster that is a good teammate but you eye roll 3 times a day at something he does.

I guess as long as the pitchers like him whatever….
linkdude
AG
He's def trolling
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Yeah I wouldn't read anything into it. At this hour he's probably three sheets to the wind. He may not know what it means.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

FWIW, he tweeted this between the eyeballs earlier and now
agproducer
AG
I just want this over with. Either stay or go, Carlos. Just make a decision. I'm sick of being in limbo.

Stay so the Astros can move forward or leave so they can move on.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm going to be pissed off of Story signs a short term deal at a reasonable price then we get stood up by Correa. I'm also a little ticked we haven't done anything to address a second lefty in the bullpen. Chafin would have been ideal.
Farmer1906
AG
Or everything he tweets isn't about Correa.
agproducer
AG
This guy has been a pretty solid follow. He's plugged in with Bregman and LMJ.

linkdude
AG
W
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

That's the most expensive non-playoff team I've seen.
the Phillies spend money like drunk sailors.

with Castellanos and Schwarber, the Phillies have 9 players making $10 MM or more per year.

and 5 of those 9 make $20 MM or more
agproducer
AG
And they still aren't going to win *****
EastCoastAgNc
AG
linkdude
AG
Holy **** ...
YNWA_AG
AG
How do you not match that
EastCoastAgNc
AG
My guess, we didn't want to give him the opt outs he wanted. They did. That was the deal breaker. Now go get Trevor Story.
astros4545
AG
Wow
That ain't terrible deal for the Twins

At least it's with the Twins
Sex Panther
AG
Lmaoooo what
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Here is a clip of Jeremy Pena hitting a homer of Jacob Degrom to make us all feel a little bit better

linkdude
AG
Crane's a cheapskate POS for not matching that. IDGAF about the opt outs...come on...

I'm excited for Pena, but still...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jim Crane should probably avoid the clubhouse for a while. Gonna be an unhappy group of people down there. Fans will give him the Cal McNair treatment
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
****ing bull***** Well done, Jim!
Ags #1
AG
Lol!!!! How do you not match that???
TexAgs1992
Pathetic. Paid Lance and his noodle arm $85 million over five years but isn't willing to pay the voice of the locker room this contract.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this
YNWA_AG
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Absolutely need another bat. Not going to be able to compete with some of the free agency winners if we don't get one. Of course, they won't. They will just cross their fingers and hope for the best. Pena hasn't even played 30 games above AA, he's not gonna have success against major league pitching out the gate. Guess they figure robel 2.0 will suddenly overcome his career batting average of almost 0.200 to replace Correa offense? What a joke. The ownership and management seems to have the attitude of not spending a damn cent on offense and just hoping we can hold it together until the trade deadline. That was the mentality of the rays for years. What a bunch of idiots.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Absolutely need another bat. Not going to be able to compete with some of the free agency winners if we don't get one. Of course, they won't. They will just cross their fingers and hope for the best. Pena hasn't even played 30 games above AA, he's not gonna have success against major league pitching out the gate. Guess they figure robel 2.0 will suddenly overcome his career batting average of almost 0.200 to replace Correa offense? What a joke. The ownership and management seems to have the attitude of not spending a damn cent on offense and just hoping we can hold it together until the trade deadline. That was the mentality of the rays for years. What a bunch of idiots.
lol calm down bud... it'll be ok
Ags #1
AG
This makes no sense unless he wants to make 35 a year and then opt out and try to get one of those 280-300 mill deals. I guess we would have gotten the best years of his career and by time that deal is up nobody would give him crazy money
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

lol calm down bud... it'll be ok

I'm pissed at ownership for letting the window slam shut on their dick with a smile on their faces. *** *Jim Crane and his cheap ass.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
YNWA_AG said:

How does Crane not match the Twins offer, then? It would seem to be a better deal for the current roster situation than a 5 year deal. I'm honestly not sure I believe that.
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.