***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

564,104 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

It's remarkable to me how few Sunday night games the Astros have gotten these past few years. Not that I want to listen to their blowhard announcers...
Marvin
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

It's remarkable to me how few Sunday night games the Astros have gotten these past few years. Not that I want to listen to their blowhard announcers...
NL lovefest. Oh, except for a couple of Yankee games.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
I want more gold pennants
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Nah I'm good
Ag_07
AG
To hell with y'all...I'd take Judge in RF and Tuck in CF all day long and twice on Sundays.
spadilly
S
Do not want.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

To hell with y'all...I'd take Judge in RF and Tuck in CF all day long and twice on Sundays.
Your comment will not receive stars
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

In a New York minute.
bearkatag15
AG

$350/10 years ?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

$350/10 years ?
If I were Carlos, you couldn't pay me enough money to go there. What a waste of a career that would be
bearkatag15
AG
spadilly
S
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nah I'm good

This is the reason I hate caller driven sports radio.
spadilly
S
Dude will never sniff the playoffs if he goes to Baltimore.
Ag_07
AG
He'll be a perennial All Star...As the lone rep for Baltimore.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I don't know that I buy all the Orioles hype. They wouldn't pay Machado 3 years ago, but now all of a sudden, they're gonna offer Correa the same deal they would have given to keep Machado?
Ag_07
AG
Keep in mind Elias is the GM at Baltimore. He was the a key piece in the rebuild right alongside Luhnow.

He knows Carlos extremely well.
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

He'll be a perennial All Star...As the lone rep for Baltimore.

Reminds me when Castro made all star team years ago as the astros representative. Dude had like a .200 batting average if I remember right. Lol
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

Sign me up for that
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

And yet, if Mrs. Marvin and I were in West Palm this spring I would buy three of them… sad face.
Ag_07
AG
Pretty sure they're available at Academy or the team store at MMP.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
If it was actually a trucker hat I'd get it. But I don't want a mesh back fitted hat.
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Pretty sure they're available at Academy or the team store at MMP.

With the spring training patch? That would be a first. I think, anyway.

ETA- doesn't matter. Gotta be there to earn it.
Farmer1906
AG
jbanda
AG
On one hand, I'd be really disappointed in Carlos for choosing to indulge the "look at my huge contract/d*ck measuring contest" over the desire to play for an organization and fan base that stood by him through everything that came to light over the last few years. It's his life and his grandchildren would be set for life, I get it. If he signed with the Astros or a contender, I'm sure he'd still be set for life.

On the other hand, him going to Baltimore would mean he isn't playing for a contender that could challenge our team. Takes him off the postseason board.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This is the hypothetical I used to always play with my brother.

"Would you rather be the Star player on a sucky team, or a good role player on an amazing team"

Obviously not apples to apples but that's the choice he will have to make.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm shocked he hasn't accepted yet. The fact he's even considering anything from Houston at this point is crazy to me when he's been offered 360 million! He's already had a career with more postseason play (and success) than most guys. Go get your money.
tjack16
AG
If it is 10 years 350 million. I dont see any reason for him not to take that.

It would suck for sure but most people would take that. Plus in his mind, he probably thinks he can help build the orioles as their star player into playoff contenders like the 2015 Astros
Farmer1906
AG
I read 360. 40 the first 2 years then 35 the last 8.

The Os might be good eventually. They have a solid CFer and a top flight minor league system.
bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
the Orioles would be a shock.

but shades of Rendon taking the most money to play with the perennial stay-at-home Angels.

same situation with Kris Bryant in signing with the Rockies.

if it is Baltimore...Correa better put some opt-outs in there for himself within the first 3 or 4 years --- they are still going to lose bigly for the next few seasons
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

the Orioles would be a shock.

but shades of Rendon taking the most money to play with the perennial stay-at-home Angels.

same situation with Kris Bryant in signing with the Rockies.

if it is Baltimore...Correa better put some opt-outs in there for himself within the first 3 or 4 years --- they are still going to lose bigly for the next few seasons

If he plans on opting out then he will stay here. I'm willing to be Crane will dish out 3-4 big money years easily. The allure Baltimore is giving is paying him 36 per until he's 37.
Ag4life80
AG
The player's union is going to push for the biggest contract. Seems to me I remember that being the case when Hampton left for the Rockies. He needs to get it over with one way or the other.
The Orioles are a freaking stat padder for that entire division.
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

I'm shocked he hasn't accepted yet. The fact he's even considering anything from Houston at this point is crazy to me when he's been offered 360 million! He's already had a career with more postseason play (and success) than most guys. Go get your money.

Not like he will be playing for the league min if he stays here. He will still be paid very well lol
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.