***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,251 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Looks down across the board. But this is his first appearance. I wouldn't freak out yet. (having to repeat this to reassure myself).
Comments from Pressley:

All I do is Nguyen
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

So when can we expect Lee to make it to the big leagues? Does Machete last all year or will Lee replace him?
I believe Lee will be Castro's replacement...not Machete
So he will be in the rotation then. Good. I have heard nothing but good things about this kid and am excited for him to get a look
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Yordong to dead center

My favorite part is the fan who just goes "ohhhh" when he hits it. And the jack-wagon in the booth who was about to say he was lucky the wind wasn't blowing to stop it...piss rockets don't get stopped by the wind
I think the first voice was Dusty reacting...the Jackwagon is none other than Jim Edmonds

When assessing Wainwright's day Edmonds said and I quote

'You gotta like his day. You know he had the 2 solos HRs and on a normal day with some wind maybe that one hit to left CF doesn't get out at Busch'

I don't know the HR probability in Busch but that ball was a piss missle that I'd bet gets out in every park.
Deluxe
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

"Will make a start" and "going to need 8+ to get through a season" are not the same statement in my opinion.

And what if I told you that if you expect new guys to have breakout magical seasons every season but that same guy not remain just as productive and stick the next year....that we wont be playing in late October. And what if I told you that theory didn't work last year when we probably lost because we just flat ran out of arms and the guy we were using couldn't do it for two series in a row.

Also what if I told you that when Lance comes back he isnt #7, in fact that would push Javier further away from starting not closer
I'm not arguing for or against any of those points.

We've played late in October the last five seasons. Each year we've had guys get hurt, or we've made trades, or we've had guys outperform or underperform expectations. Rotations in October rarely (if ever) look the same as they do in March. Alot changes over the course of 162 games.
All I do is Nguyen
Javier looks good today too. Let's hope our pitching is a strength this year and not a liability like last year
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

So when can we expect Lee to make it to the big leagues? Does Machete last all year or will Lee replace him?
I believe Lee will be Castro's replacement...not Machete
Both will likely be done after this year so he'll get every opportunity to step in and be the everyday starter.

I would expect to Click to go out and sign another middle age middle of the road left hitting catcher to pair with Lee. Omar Narvez would be ideal, but he'll probably cost too much. Maybe Tucker Barnhart. I wouldn't mind give Castro another year if he wants to stick around in a similar role.
Red Five
AG
Ag_07 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Yordong to dead center

My favorite part is the fan who just goes "ohhhh" when he hits it. And the jack-wagon in the booth who was about to say he was lucky the wind wasn't blowing to stop it...piss rockets don't get stopped by the wind
I think the first voice was Dusty reacting...the Jackwagon is none other than Jim Edmonds

When assessing Wainwright's day Edmonds said and I quote

'You gotta like his day. You know he had the 2 solos HRs and on a normal day with some wind maybe that one hit to left CF doesn't get out at Busch'

I don't know the HR probability in Busch but that ball was a piss missle that I'd bet gets out in every park.

Jim Edmonds, probably
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

10 whiffs in 2 innings is elite.

Baseball Savant shows he threw 2 Knuckle Curves. I don't recall him having that pitch before. Maybe he's experimenting with something. He really needs that 3rd pitch to help him become a more complete starter.

Speaking of experimental pitches, it doesn't look like Framber threw his new "LuACE Garcia" Cutter. Maybe next start.
ttha_aggie_09
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I was wondering if he would add another pitch. Seems like Javier had really good outings first 2 times through and then just couldn't fool anyone with his fastball anymore. He may have had another good pitch but I really only remember the Fastball and slider. Hopefully LMJ has shown him the ways of the Knuckle Curve force
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Likely means he'll get the world series too
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

If he is not a first ballot Hall of Famer, the baseball writers need to all have their votes taken away
agproducer
AG
Yep. I hate the guy for what he did to the Astros over the years, but man, do I respect his game.
agproducer
AG
In other news for gamers:

JR Richard will be in The Show this year.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

If he is not a first ballot Hall of Famer, the baseball writers need to all have their votes taken away
He is without a doubt.

His run with the Cards was as good as any 10 year run in baseball history.
texasaggie2015
AG
Random question: Does anyone have a spot open in a fantasy baseball league? Haven't played in a while but should have more time on my hands this season. Wanna get back into it.
W
AG
Pujols is an all-timer.

he's one of the great players...whose body broke down like it was supposed to as he got into his 30's.

after age 32...he never posted an OPS above .800
Farmer1906
AG
Either it proved he aged somewhat normally (no juice) or he was much older than his birth certificate says.
Mathguy64
AG
agproducer said:

In other news for gamers:

JR Richard will be in The Show this year.

Will the Dodgers all get electronic JRRitis and not allow you to put them in a game?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Does the Yankee letter come out this week?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Does the Yankee letter come out this week?

I think they said 2 weeks on the day of the ruling, but I can't remember when that was.
bearkatag15
AG

Not 1 single Astro made it on this podcast's list of top 25 MLB players.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Franco being on here after playing half a season is BOLD. Also Buxton should not be there.
bearkatag15
AG

JV comes in at #92 on MLB Network's top 100 players
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Bellinger and Yelich at 99/100 … how the mighty have fallen
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Franco being on here after playing half a season is BOLD. Also Buxton should not be there.

Buxton has barely played 162 games... in the last three full seasons combined. He has zero business being on any list other than potential at this point, and he's getting old even for that list since he debuted in 2015.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Judge is about 400 spots too high.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Man, I really like that Blue Jays logo.
Frok
AG
The Florida Marlins uniforms were much better than the current Miami ones IMO.

The Pirates, Rangers, and Tigers just altered the logo a little.

Totally forgot about the Angels cartoonish logo.

The black era of the Blue Jays was not a good look IMO

RIP Expos
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag4life80
AG
I think Papierski is a sleeper at catcher. He could very well back up Lee next year.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.