Trevor Bauer in big trouble

17,851 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, of course not. I'm just saying that someone saying that's what happened doesn't automatically make it one...again, has he been arrested for a crime?
AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906 said:

Are you trying to say punching someone in the face, ass, & vagina, then choking them unconcious, and having anal sex with them without consent isn't a crime?

Are you not a believer in a person being innocent until proven guilty?
Farmer1906
AG
_lefraud_ said:

No, of course not. I'm just saying that someone saying that's what happened doesn't automatically make it one...again, has he been arrested for a crime?
Here is the point. This chick can be into weird **** and be clear chasing. I agree those probably aren't great attributes, but that doesn't make her a criminal. If Bauer did those things he's accused of then he clearly is. That is why I said it appears he is. It appears those things did happen. Did you see the texts? Do you see everyone is distancing from him? Do you see baseball not letting him pitch? We can let it play out, but there is a lot of smoke here is there not?

Faustus
On his best day Bauer likes to consensually beat and choke women on first dates to get off.
Not light BDSM stuff either.

That's on Bauer's best day believing everything he says and none of what she says. I don't see him pitching for the Dodgers again.
Fat Bib Fortuna
He looks like total trash, but any lawyer worth his devil horns is going to have a field day with the fact that she says she was raped on the first 'date' but then went back to him for another encounter. I'm sure her lawyers know that and it will never actually wind up in a courtroom. The two lawyers will cut a deal, she'll sign an NDA, and the Dodgers will find some loophole to cut his ass. He'll sit out a year under punishment of the league, then he'll sign some sort of incentive-based deal with someone desperate for pitching help.
jenn96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Here is the point. This chick can be into weird **** and be clear chasing. I agree those probably aren't great attributes, but that doesn't make her a criminal. If Bauer did those things he's accused of then he clearly is. That is why I said it appears he is. It appears those things did happen. Did you see the texts? Do you see everyone is distancing from him? Do you see baseball not letting him pitch? We can let it play out, but there is a lot of smoke here is there not?

I think it's clear Bauer is going to pay a hefty professional price for this no matter what happens. Getting off on beating and choking women - even consensually - is not going to fly in MLB in 2021. I imagine a lot of his teammate are pretty disgusted in general.

But that doesn't make him a criminal until he's charged with a crime. Obviously, it's just language, but language matters. He may not be charged at all, if the police just don't think they can get a conviction since the woman in question was clearly into it for the most part. I agree he appears to be a garbage person; but as of right now he's not been charged.
Farmer1906
AG
This has turned into semantics when the point was he's the bad guy in this story, not the girl.
_lefraud_
AG
No, the point was

"bad guy" doesn't equal criminal
Farmer1906
AG
_lefraud_ said:

No, the point was

"bad guy" doesn't equal criminal
You know what point I was making? You read minds?

You go and defend Bauer some more.
W
AG
as someone else has posted...

there is no such thing as consensual assault
EastSideAg2002
W said:

Faustus
W said:

Yeah, I think it likely he crossed whatever line they had agreed upon, and given the type of sex he was into he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt from MLB as to how much beating and choking is going too far regardless of how it plays out in the courtroom.

MLB won't even have to issue an edict beyond giving the Dodgers some cover to get out of their contract. No other owners will sign him. It's kind of hard to wrap your head around if you believe it was all consensual (which as I said I don't), but he would have been better off with a domestic violence charge.

That can be spun as a one time incidence, but Bauer has all but admitted being into abusing women he meets for his sexual gratification.
jenn96
AG
W said:

I don't know California law but I imagine that's not completely true. Trite example is boxing or jiujitsu class; you are attacking other people with mutual consent. If you do the same thing to a guy at Walmart you'll go to jail. I imagine there are laws on consensual sexual violence to allow for BDSM, etc. It's Cali after all.

I'm not following the case super closely but in the texts that I saw the woman asked him to choke her out, said she couldn't wait for him to go at her again, etc. after the first encounter. Seems like a good lawyer could show quite a bit of consent, especially since the first encounter was so rough and she texted him asking for more of the same.

Anyway, I think his career is effectively over, no matter what, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. . But I'd be surprised if he's convicted of anything.
AustinAg2K
I think the big problem for him is that she lost consciousness. I'm not a lawyer, but from other cases I've read about over the years, it seems to me that you have to be giving consent throughout the entire process. At any point, you can remove consent. Once she went unconscious, she lost the ability to consent. She claims she woke up to him doing stuff that she didn't agree to. It's probably a grey area, but it seems like for the past decade or so, the grey area typically goes to the woman in sexual assault trials.
TXAggie2011
AG
It will be interesting to see if he speaks at the July 23rd court hearing
ORAggieFan
AustinAg2K said:

I think the big problem for him is that she lost consciousness. I'm not a lawyer, but from other cases I've read about over the years, it seems to me that you have to be giving consent throughout the entire process. At any point, you can remove consent. Once she went unconscious, she lost the ability to consent. She claims she woke up to him doing stuff that she didn't agree to. It's probably a grey area, but it seems like for the past decade or so, the grey area typically goes to the woman in sexual assault trials.

I think this is the key and the difference from encounter one to two. Sounds like encounter one was consensual and although a bit twisted for some of us, within reason. But, the second encounter was a different level and she went directly to the cops. If that's the case, I can see him in trouble. If it's different, she's going to have a hard time.
agsalaska
AG
Did anyone see his interview the week before this happened? He was in the dugout doing an in game interview about the new enforcement of the pitching substance rules. I had never heard him talk before but he seemed like a complete ******bag and quite possibly the dullest knife in the drawer. I couldnt believe he had some kind of rep position among players.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

BMX Bandit
None of his teammates want him back according to LA Times
BCSWguru
if he came back, someone would go Felipe Vasquez on him Im sure.
Faustus
BMX Bandit said:

None of his teammates want him back according to LA Times

It would put a crimp In the holier than thou routine.
NonReg81
This clown no doubt was in a fraternity sometime in his life
W
AG
Trevor's just cashin' checks yo
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This dude is sick...
AustinAg2K
San Quentin softball team is about to get a whole lot better.
Chrundle the Great
AG
I'm sure the residents will supply a generous amount of sticky stuff for Bauer to use too
Aggies2009
AG
Is the Washington Post suddenly a reliable source? Especially when Bauer recently showed texts from one of the "victims" who seems completely insane?
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Is the Washington Post suddenly a reliable source? Especially when Bauer recently showed texts from one of the "victims" who seems completely insane?
Yes, and yes. Trevor Bauer certainly could have committed crimes against a woman who is "insane."
Fat Bib Fortuna
He might be in prison when it happens, but he's definitely going to be able to drop the hammer on how the Washington Post got accessed to sealed court documents - unless you have a signed court order, that's illegal for them to gain that access.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Yes, and yes. Trevor Bauer certainly could have committed crimes against a woman who is "insane."
Must be insane, considering how badly she wanted to see him time and time again after he supposedly "assaulted" her.
Panama Red
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

He might be in prison when it happens, but he's definitely going to be able to drop the hammer on how the Washington Post got accessed to sealed court documents - unless you have a signed court order, that's illegal for them to gain that access.

I'm sure the Post is shaking in its boots.
TXAggie2011
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

If they broke into the court records and took them...yes, illegal. Wouldn't be Trevor Bauer to go after, though.

If someone gave them the records, the Post did nothing wrong. That's a basic tenant of the 1st Amendment.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I agree, but that means someone in the court system acted illegally.
Aggie95
AG
maybe already discussed but....what kind of treatment does Bauer get if he ever pitches in Houston again?
n_touch
Not sure but whatever it is I hope he gets a little choked up at first and then takes a beating
Faustus
Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Must be insane, considering how badly she wanted to see him time and time again after he supposedly "assaulted" her.

Pictures Bauer doing the finger quotes to the judge instead of seeking repeated continuances before taking the 5th. Not even he's that crazy, and he needs to beat and choke women to climax.

Second Vic was arrested for underage drinking at some point while Bauer leaned into his fetish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/sports/la-dodgers-trevor-bauer-accused-of-assault-by-second-woman-denies-claims/%3famp=true

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.