Visiting Globe Life Field

7,844 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kellso
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm coming in from out of town and taking my family of 5 to to game next Sunday at GLF. With everything going on do you have to buy tickets through the team or is Stub Hub the best route?

At the park, what areas do I need to make sure I see? I still remember my first trip to the TBiA and being wowed. I'm not expecting that, but I want to see as much of the park as 3 kids will allow me.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Go to texasrangers.com to buy tickets. There is a promo code posted in the official Rangers thread for ticket discounts.

I've been twice now and the stadium is ok. It certainly isn't the old ballpark. I've sat in Section 107 both times and I like the seats. You have a blind spot in the LF corner but can otherwise see the rest of the field.

I would like to sit in the lower area of LF the next time we go. Further from the action but I think there would be a full view of the field from there. Just my uneducated guess.

I haven't explored the park much. We did watch some BP from the second deck in LF last weekend. I have only made it from the home plate entrance to my seats and then I did explore around the 1st base side a little but not much.

Mr. Gigem in the Rangers thread would probably have some good advice for you.
OutdoorAg
AG
There isn't much exploring needed. There is nothing to wow you. The concourse almost feels like you're walking in an office building. Is it nice? Yes. But there is absolutely zero character to it. It sad when you can look out the window and see the cathedral that the other park was.
bcanales05
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Go to texasrangers.com to buy tickets. There is a promo code posted in the official Rangers thread for ticket discounts.

I've been twice now and the stadium is ok. It certainly isn't the old ballpark. I've sat in Section 107 both times and I like the seats. You have a blind spot in the LF corner but can otherwise see the rest of the field.

I would like to sit in the lower area of LF the next time we go. Further from the action but I think there would be a full view of the field from there. Just my uneducated guess.

I haven't explored the park much. We did watch some BP from the second deck in LF last weekend. I have only made it from the home plate entrance to my seats and then I did explore around the 1st base side a little but not much.

Mr. Gigem in the Rangers thread would probably have some good advice for you.
We're going to the game tonight, what time do they normally take batting practice? I think my boys would love to see this.
Mr Gigem
AG
The Rangers are usually done before the gates open. However, if the Yankees are taking BP, then you'll get to see quite a bit of it
Mr Gigem
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I'm coming in from out of town and taking my family of 5 to to game next Sunday at GLF. With everything going on do you have to buy tickets through the team or is Stub Hub the best route?

At the park, what areas do I need to make sure I see? I still remember my first trip to the TBiA and being wowed. I'm not expecting that, but I want to see as much of the park as 3 kids will allow me.
Use coupon code texags21 if you want discounted tickets
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
We've gotten to the park when gates open and the Rangers have already completed BP, if they even took it. This is one thing that bugs me. We used to be able to take in Rangers BP unless it was an afternoon game. We were told a few years ago that only select season ticket holders get that opportunity now. I really can't understand why the home fans don't get to see the team take BP.
BCSWguru
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

We've gotten to the park when gates open and the Rangers have already completed BP, if they even took it. This is one thing that bugs me. We used to be able to take in Rangers BP unless it was an afternoon game. We were told a few years ago that only select season ticket holders get that opportunity now. I really can't understand why the home fans don't get to see the team take BP.
because the home team takes BP first? you want them to open gates three hours early?
Mr Gigem
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I've been here 7 years and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen the Rangers taking BP after the gates open
DallasAg 94
WestTexasAg
AG
I'm planning to take in a game at the new yard soon. It seems obvious from the exterior that the old ballpark had a lot more character. How about once you are inside?
DallasAg 94
Willie Lane
Has anyone been on a tour of the ballpark?

I have a 7yr old who is just not getting into baseball and trying to decide if I want to take him on a Pregame tour and see some BP or the Premium tour that would let us play catch on the field.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Haven't been (and won't go, but I won't get into all that). One of my best friends went last night and said the food they got was AWFUL. Not just not fresh, but truly bad enough to take back and get a refund! Another friend of his texted him, saying he had been there 3x and had several things. They were all bad.

WOW!
Mr Gigem
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Haven't been (and won't go, but I won't get into all that). One of my best friends went last night and said the food they got was AWFUL. Not just not fresh, but truly bad enough to take back and get a refund! Another friend of his texted him, saying he had been there 3x and had several things. They were all bad.

WOW!
Where was the food from?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Mr Gigem said:

91AggieLawyer said:

WOW!
Where was the food from?

You mean who's managing the stadium food? I don't know.
Mr Gigem
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Mr Gigem said:

91AggieLawyer said:

WOW!
Where was the food from?

You mean who's managing the stadium food? I don't know.
No. Which concession? Or was it from one of the clubs?
double aught
AG
Quote:

Artificial turf
This part burns me up.
CowtownAg06
AG
Thanks to Mr Gig Em for the code. We'll be there Sunday afternoon with my 3 kids. I went to the first night game and first Rangers win ever at the old Ballpark and still remember the magic of walking up to it for the first time. I'm not expecting that, but I can't wait for this one.
CampingAg
AG
I could be wrong, but I want to say I heard the food options were limited because of covid somehow? There is a Pluckers in centerfield. Probably better to just eat before the game.

My opinion of the ballpark is:
Looks awful from the sky
Looks fine from ground level
Looks sharp on the inside

On the tour they said that the goofy looking material is made to allow as much natural light in as possible without there being glares, and I must say that being in the stadium for a 7:00 game does feel like you're sitting outside, even with the roof closed. So at least it does its job.

Also the turf is awful.
Kellso
CampingAg said:

I could be wrong, but I want to say I heard the food options were limited because of covid somehow? There is a Pluckers in centerfield. Probably better to just eat before the game.

Looks awful from the sky

On the tour they said that the goofy looking material is made to allow as much natural light in as possible without there being glares, and I must say that being in the stadium for a 7:00 game does feel like you're sitting outside, even with the roof closed. So at least it does its job.

Also the turf is awful.

Why is the turf so awful?
CampingAg
AG
Kellso said:

CampingAg said:

Looks awful from the sky

Also the turf is awful.

Aesthetically
Grapesoda2525
Kellso said:

CampingAg said:

Looks awful from the sky

Also the turf is awful.

It's nothing new. Even when the rangers had grass it looked like *****
birdman
Globelife is a sterile mistake. It's a step back for fan experience.
CowtownAg06
AG
Went today and a good time. It's not The Ballpark, but it was nice to not worry about getting rained on today.

Pros:
Good sightlines from all over the park. Really seems like there isn't a bad seat. We sat in 118 and it was great.
The kids loved the play area and bobble heads on the 200 level (I think) in CF.
Great crowd.

Cons:
The food was bad. I hope this is Covid related but my wife said it was "worse than an Ikea hot dog."
Parking. Oh boy. Long story short, we pre brought a certain lot and when we got there it was full. We had to double back against traffic to find our new lot, which cost us 15 minutes and first pitch. I wanted to do the Seinfeld routine about holding a reservation, but was too pissed off. I was really shocked.

I hope these kinks get worked out given this really just month 2 of the park, but we'll see. Also, Adolis is the MAN.
Mr Gigem
AG
The food has been bad, and our executive team is well aware of it. They've had several meetings with our catering department to get it figured out. Seems it still hasn't been fixed nearly two months into the season.

That parking situation should NEVER happen. When you pre purchase parking, you are buying a pass for a specific lot. No way it should ever get over sold.

Sorry for the two bad experiences. Hope everything else went well for you
Grapesoda2525
Mr Gigem said:

The food has been bad, and our executive team is well aware of it. They've had several meetings with our catering department to get it figured out. Seems it still hasn't been fixed nearly two months into the season.

That parking situation should NEVER happen. When you pre purchase parking, you are buying a pass for a specific lot. No way it should ever get over sold.

Sorry for the two bad experiences. Hope everything else went well for you
The food prices are terrible, but I know it goes with the territory.

We brought bottles of water with us, but we were surprised to hear from a lady next to us that they charged her about 6 bucks for a bottle of water. 6.50 for a hot dog? Yikes.

It was nice to watch a game and not worry about being heat waved to death tho. That is one thing many people over look and that is one big problem that definitely got fixed with the new park.
BCSWguru
I thought the food was bad last year just because it was the playoffs and nothing was open. Yikes.
CowtownAg06
AG
Thanks... like I said overall we had a good time. I actually was planning to reach out to some one today about the parking issue. Is there a good email or contact form to fill out that will actually get a response?

Thanks again for the discount code, it was great.
Mr Gigem
AG
Honestly just email me whatever you were planning on emailing them, and I can forward it along to the appropriate people.

jchance@texasrangers.com
wbt5845
AG
I find these comments interesting. All the food I've had has been good. But being a weirdo vegetarian, I stick with nachos which are hard to mess up. Lines are way too long on weekends so I just plan not to eat for those games. I do like the Karbach beers.
Matsui
AG
I agree looks sharp from the inside.
rgt99
Took my son to the game last Sat. this is not the ballpark. I am sure people are tired of hearing that, but when you build this stadium next to the old stadium it's hard not to compare.

On a scale from 1-10, I would rate it a 6. It's not bad, but it's not great either. It's sterile. It just doesn't have a feel of a true MLB ballpark. Though I did enjoy the fact that it was pouring outside and the game was still going on.

we bought seats in the all-you-can-eat area, and that was a mistake. I assumed the food section was above where we were sitting kind of like the old stadium, but it was 5 or 6 sections down. The line to get into the room was long, and once you were in, it was a madhouse. No distinct lines, just people everywhere waiting to get food. I ended up leaving and just buying nachos and a drink for my kid. I pretty much wasted my money.

The seats were great, even being in the high seats. But next time, I would rather eat outside the park and just spend the money on seats in the lower section.
double aught
AG
rgt99 said:

Took my son to the game last Sat. this is not the ballpark. I am sure people are tired of hearing that, but when you build this stadium next to the old stadium it's hard not to compare..
If you asked someone with no prior knowledge which one was the new ballpark, I think most people would pick the wrong one. So disappointing. Taxpayers were fleeced.
CowtownAg06
AG
Who knows what happened behind the scenes, but it seems like City of Arlington got scarred of the Rangers moving down the road and put a deal on the table that was too good to pass up. At that point they were bidding against themselves.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.