***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,665 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unbelievable except that it is.
ClickClack
AG
Cool. ****ing ridiculous.
cc10106
Well that was embarrassing. Way to blow a great opportunity for a win and some momentum, guys.
redline248
AG
Good job, Pressly. Good job, Stanek. Good job, Taylor. Good job Abreu. Good job, Dusty.
Ag_07
AG
#Bakered
agproducer
AG
Presley was put in a high-level, no-room-for-error situation. Why not just have him start the inning?
Unemployed
AG
I knew it. Everybody knew.

We were going to lose this game.
Marvin
AG
Tough loss. This team sucks right now.

I thought pitching would be good this year. I thought Tucker would be great this year. I'm ready to be right...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag_07
AG
Pressley sucks whether he starts the inning or not.

Not sure if it was the injury in the 2019 ALCS but dude went from unhittable to undependable.

I don't like him in at any point in the game and its been like that for a while.
Beat40
agproducer said:

Presley was put in a high-level, no-room-for-error situation. Why not just have him start the inning?
The funny thing to me is someone like Will Smith would pitch an inning and get through it with only 8 pitches or something like that, and people on here would always question why AJ never put him back out there since his pitch count was so low.

Not saying this is proof, but this stuff happened a lot last year where a BP guy would go in to get the final out, start the next inning only to be cold and then put the next guy in a near impossible situation.
Beat40
Marvin said:

Tough loss. This team sucks right now.

I thought pitching would be good this year. I thought Tucker would be great this year. I'm ready to be right...
Starters need to start going more than 5 innings and a lot of stuff will begin to correct itself.
Aggie8587
AG
I would be shocked if this series doesn't end in a sweep. Got a decent start from Urquidy and 5 of our 7 hits came from the AA squad. 6 Ls in a row while the Ms are on fire.

Those first 7 games are really feeling like fool's gold already
Unemployed
AG
Jim Crane, how does Manfred and MLB's cocks taste?

You fking sell-out.
redline248
AG
I know there are a lot of games in baseball, and everyone loses...but if any loss can be called unacceptable this is one.

Dammit I'm pissed
agdaddy04
AG
I'd still like to know how the Nationals were able to cancel their first series.
agdaddy04
AG
And I thought early on the ump did okay, but late he was trash.
agproducer
AG
Things will even out. This team is not a .500 team. We know they are better than that. Baez being out hurts. We aren't even 1/10 into the season.

They are struggling right now, but they will right the ship. Didn't they lose 7 in a row in 2019?

That said, this loss is inexcusable.
Beat40
I'm not worried about the team yet for the season.

However, I'd like to see the starters put up some more competitive starts and the hitters swing at heaters over the fat part of the plate.
Unemployed
AG
Beat40 said:

However, I'd like to see the starters put up some more competitive starts and the hitters swing at heaters over the fat part of the plate.
You're trusting Dusty Baker to figure this out.
agproducer
AG
Beat40 said:

Me either. I'm really worried about our pitching though, both starting and relief. Both will get boosts when Framber and Baez get back.
Strategy
AG
Should have never let Hinch walk and Nolan leave.

The Astros are cursed after Nolan left.

It's ova.
tjack16
AG
We need to seriously start evaluating free agent pitchers next year. I'm talking top guys

We need a legit 1-2 starter next year because we have no idea what JV will be or if he will be here. Lance is proving he's a 2-3 starter at best. And Greinke won't be here long term.

We also need a legit bullpen shutdown guy. Preferably a closer
Frok
AG
We need to sacrifice a live chicken
tjack16
AG
Will Austin Pruitt ever pitch for us? We signed him before last season and he's been on the injured list ever since.
Deluxe
AG
Frok said:

We need to sacrifice a live chicken

I was thinking the same thing
Deluxe
AG
I'm not too worried about the pitching staff yet. We went into the year with 8-10 "solid but not elite" bullpen pieces. Naturally some guys are going to outperform expectations and some will underperform. It will take a couple months to sort that out. In the meantime the water could be a little choppy (like it was in the regular season last year) as we try guys in different spots and see where they succeed.

Our rotation is going to be fine. When Framber gets back, we'll have four very solid starters with a nice competition for the fifth spot and can potentially integrate someone like Javier into the pen. Baez getting back will help too.

We also don't know what guys are working on behind the scenes that could pay dividends down the road. Our organizational goal isn't to win every game, it's to win as many games as possible while also developing players and setting the table to be as healthy/effective as possible for the stretch run.

Losing streaks like this suck but we'll be alright. Lots of hot/cold stretches over the 162.
redline248
AG
I think today is a good day for Grienke's 1st no hitter.
tjack16
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Great post. The last sentence ringing very true. This sucks, but this team is just as likely to go on a long winning streak at any time. Just gotta be patient. Long season.
tjack16
AG
2017 team had a miserable month of August.
2018 team had two separate 5 game losing streaks
2019 team had a 7 game losing streak.

I'm not worried yet.... however we don't have the pitching we did in those previous years. I'm hoping our starters step it up very soon. We can't become too dependent on the bullpen to go and throw 4-5 innings of shutout baseball every night
MaxPower
This division race is gonna be tight. I get each game is 1 of 162 but if we lose the division by 1 or 2 games then we are gonna be looking back at 1-5 or 0-6 against the Tigers and Mariners in April wondering what if. We have gotten too complacent with blowing away the competition in our division 2017-2019.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just doing a quick AL scan and these stand out:

Toronto: 6-7
Tampa Bay: 6-8
NYY: 5-8
CWS: 6-7
Minnesota: 6-8

Our division, and the NL West are the only two that have at least 3 teams .500 or better.
Farmer1906
AG
agdaddy04
AG
I know it's not Astros related anymore, but can't believe George still hasn't had his Blue Jay debut yet. They're saying it may be until the 27th now.
tjack16
AG
I know we aren't playing well at all right now... but it's fun to see the Yankees suck so far this year
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.