***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,845,316 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Are they still rolling with For the H from last year?

Yes. The Astros Twitter has been using it for the past week

I guess they didn't want to waste all the banners/in stadium marketing from last season that nobody saw
texpert68
AG
In.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe
AG
Shedd, how long had you been plotting this OP?
bobinator
AG
Anyone else have service drama? I paused my YouTubeTV subscription and started back up FuboTV for the Stros and my YTTV went out during the first half of last night's NCAA game so I had to figure out a workaround because Fubo still doesn't have TBS/TNT.
agproducer
AG

Beat40
bobinator said:

We were a two person Astros house last year, but now we're three. Ready to go for tomorrow.

Congratulations! Exciting times!
matthop
AG
Baseball opening day is unmatched (maybe A&M football but other than that nope)
Beat40
bobinator said:

Anyone else have service drama? I paused my YouTubeTV subscription and started back up FuboTV for the Stros and my YTTV went out during the first half of last night's NCAA game so I had to figure out a workaround because Fubo still doesn't have TBS/TNT.
How much do you pay per month internet + streaming service (YouTubeTV mainly)?
agdaddy04
AG
Very excited for the season!
Marvin
agproducer
AG
Beat40 said:

bobinator said:

T-mobile customers can get $10 of YTTV -- so $55/mo. Also, free MLB.tv. Pay for a VPN or smart DNS, and you can have YTTV and Astros for about $60/mo.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

bobinator said:

After looking at all the options, directv was cheaper than doing fubo plus whatever else I needed.
agdaddy04
AG
Was looking at picking up tickets to the Astros vs. Rockies up here in Denver and they're only selling them homestand by homestand now. Guess that's because they're not sure of capacity numbers?

Dang, and now I just remembered I will be out of town for work when they're here. Now I'm really pissed.
astros4545
AG
Deluxe said:

Shedd, how long had you been plotting this OP?
Mathguy64
AG
Nice of me to make it by page 2. Good thing I didnt make it after all.
CoachRTM
AG
Page 2 ain't bad. The Rangers thread will have more posts than ours for..... 24 hours? They did have a one-week head start.
Beau Bevers
AG

Let's go
Mathguy64
AG
Oh yeah. The one thing I am good for.

mazag08
AG
Dan, I remember the year you tried to start the season thread and you got absolutely leveled. We had just won a title and people were not going to have anything that wasn't exactly like it was the previous year. I felt bad for you. But it's in your hands now. Good luck my friend!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A few Sporcle entries to get you ready for tomorrow.

MLB Logic Puzzle Quiz: https://www.sporcle.com/games/DLink47/mlb-logic-quiz#

Astros Opening Day Lineups: 1991-2020 https://www.sporcle.com/games/stustustudio/astros19882009

All-Time Astros with 25+ homers in a season: https://www.sporcle.com/games/jgrub7/houston-astros-25-hrs-single-season

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

I know I'm old, but as much as I have loved the last 5 years, I really love watching Mike Scott destroy the mother****ing Mets.
bearkatag15
AG

In former Astros news
redline248
AG
Free Agent money is heavy
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

In former Astros news
Usually, I don't really care what former Astros do all that much, but I will still be rooting for George to do well. I worry how he'll age.

On the BlueJays - its going to be strange seeing them play here.

It only holds 8500 and has a tony power alley for lefties.

Left Field 333 ft
Left-Center 380 ft
Center Field 400 ft
Right-Center 363 ft
Right Field 336 ft

IDK how the wind blows there, but it could potentially lead to a increase in HRs.
cap-n-jack
So it appears to be a fait accompli that Correa isn't going to sign by his deadline. Wonder how many of these leveraged situations wind up blowing up on the player or new team.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Good...now fire him
Mathguy64
AG
Angel.... "Out at home!"
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BUT DID I EVEN MAKE PAGE 2?!?
tjack16
AG
Question for the thread: of these three exciting prospects, which one do you think is more likely to see the field at the big league level this season. Likely they are all not going to, but hypothetically if one was to get called up mid summer or September who would it be

Jeremy Pena
Korey Lee
Pedro Leon
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Question for the thread: of these three exciting prospects, which one do you think is more likely to see the field at the big league level this season. Likely they are all not going to, but hypothetically if one was to get called up mid summer or September who would it be

Jeremy Pena
Korey Lee
Pedro Leon
Pena, not close.

Edit:Adding more detail

Lee - never played higher than low A ball. Without injury, no reason for him to be on the roster. Still has Stubbs ahead of him for now.
Leon - never played MiLB. Lets let him get used to the game and see how he does here before we anoint him just yet. If all goes well, he could be up soon. I think he's going to need some seasoning though. Just my opinion.
Pena - Never played above A+ ball, but he seems most positioned to be called up. Need to see if he is ready because we may have an opening at the big league level in 2022. Plus he's versatile enough to play any IF position.
bearkatag15
AG

Garcia it is.

Also this...
tjack16
AG
I'd still switch Tucker and Alvarez. I like Garcia as the 5
MaxPower
I'm foreseeing a lot of walks for Yordan....
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

I'd still switch Tucker and Alvarez. I like Garcia as the 5
I think most agree, but Dusty has been consistent at the end of ST with the top 6. However, I think an argument could be made for any order of the lefties (2-4-6). When TED wins the MVP this year with a 40-40 season, I don't think we'll mind him in the 4 hole.
Last Page
Page 2 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.