***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,830 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This kid on the mound is doing everything he can to get it called.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
"I know what would help with grip"
awall11
AG
How are they still trying to play
cap-n-jack
This is stupid. They're going to get someone hurt.
redline248
AG
This ump crew is speshul
Mathguy64
AG
That's it. Should have been at the start of the inning.
tjack16
AG
Will they just call it at this point?
Bulldog73
AG
Everyone keeps talking about a rules change, but based on my understanding, the rule hasn't actually changed, just MLB said they'd be enforcing the rule as written. Am I wrong on that?

It really strikes me as similar to how MLB put out a statement they would be enforcing video rules in 2017, but no one cared because they'd never actually done anything about it.
EagleAg19
A little late for the tarp
bearkatag15
AG
are we thinking they actually finish it since there is a chance for a no hitter?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I get they didn't want to have a negative impact on the game in progress, but they had to stop it. That was getting stupid.
Bonfired
AG
EagleAg19 said:

A little late for the tarp
The Charge of the Wet Brigade
dshedd41
S
That took a little longer than I thought I would
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
Either a TOFA or a sacrifice to the Gods to keep playing for a bit of history.

?attachment_cache_bust=3713302&quality=85&strip=info&w=400
Frok
AG
I wanted to see a grounder roll through the water, darn it
redline248
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Everyone keeps talking about a rules change, but based on my understanding, the rule hasn't actually changed, just MLB said they'd be enforcing the rule as written. Am I wrong on that?

It really strikes me as similar to how MLB put out a statement they would be enforcing video rules in 2017, but no one cared because they'd never actually done anything about it.
This is correct. Nothing changed except MLB's willingness to enforce
htxag09
AG
I believe they specifically said x, y, z are not allowed. Pretty sure the rule as written said foreign substances. A big one was sunscreen mixed with rosin. Which, isn't necessarily a foreign substance. I mean you expect players during day games to wear sunscreens, a rosin bag is sitting behind the mound.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
It appears there might be a break in the rain around midnight, so they might just wait it out. They have a lot of work to do on the infield though.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Was electronic sign stealing even a written rule? That might be a difference.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

It appears there might be a break in the rain around midnight, so they might just wait it out. They have a lot of work to do on the infield though.

I feel like the Orioles just want to get it done with and move on. But I'm sure our guys want to play on. Given it's in Baltimore and the MLB is stupid I'm guessing it'll just count as a completed game
W
AG
I hope the Astros have good security.

the streets of Baltimore after Midnight...not safe
tjack16
AG
redline248 said:

Bulldog73 said:

This is correct. Nothing changed except MLB's willingness to enforce

Yep. Basically if cops across America started enforcing speeding tickets if you're going 5 MPH or less over. Everybody does it but it's never enforced

That's kind of the metaphor I'd go with
Cromagnum
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I feel like the Orioles just want to get it done with and move on. But I'm sure our guys want to play on. Given it's in Baltimore and the MLB is stupid I'm guessing it'll just count as a completed game
I doubt they would officially call it the achievement that shall not be named. If MadBum didn't get one in a double header, they won't give one here.
SA-AG72
AG
bearkatag15 said:

are we thinking they actually finish it since there is a chance for a no hitter?

symfm!
Ag_07
AG
Just call it

I'll take a W without using anymore pitchers and playing in wet conditions over a combined whatever they call it and rush getting someone hurt and burning more arms. Especially if it's gonna be a couple hours.
DrZ
AG
MLB doesn't recognize certain things if they are not nine.
amercer
AG
Radar looks like it might be done soon. Still, just call the thing and get on to tomorrow
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
If straw had let that ball drop in front of him we would be done. Looking at the radar I bet they try and come back in about an hour.
CFTXAG10
AG
A's losing 8-3 and down to final 3 outs
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In a hotel in Austin trying to work and following on gamecast, are we close to restarting?
Johnsy3
AG
Put me in the club that wants to see the game go all 9
AggiEE
tjack16 said:

AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Perhaps, but we still need to replace Greinke and shore up some bullpen help
we have 6 guys that can start next year and none of them are named Greinke. I'd rather lock up Correa than replace Greinke

If he can be obtained for 8/240 into age 34, there are worse contracts I suppose.

But anything with 10/300+ I'd walk away from

Quality pitching is always pressing, losing a talent like Greinke would hurt

Losing a 26 year old shortstop who is in his prime will hurt more than losing a 37 year old pitcher

For the record: I'm not saying sign Greinke. I'm saying money may be better spent finding a suitable replacement (that may not be mega star quality) + bullpen help than to sign Carlos to an outrageous contract.

This assumes money is a constraint, which knowing Crane, it always is.

If Greinke is willing to take a sweetheart deal for a much lower rate for 1-2 years, it may be worth taking. In which case I'd like to sign both him and Carlos for around 8/240 at worst. But you can't always get what you want.
First Page Last Page
Page 622 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.