***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,630 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HTownAg98 said:

jah003 said:

Need about 10 runs here and I'll feel comfortable with the bullpen.

Getting close...

And done.
W
AG
Tucker paddin' his stats!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

9 runs and only 2 of them scored on a single home run. All the rest in the ballpark. That's a sign of a balanced offense.
Make that 11.
Mr.Bond
AG
BREAK UP THE ASTROS!!!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

agproducer
AG
Think what this would be like if Jones hadn't gotten himself out.
Cromagnum
AG
Moar!

Mr.Bond
AG
Wtf was that commercial?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Alex Bregman
AG
Tegridy said:

Beat40 said:

I don't understand why Bregman lets some of these first pitch fastballs in a good location within the zone go so many times.

At least it seems that way.

Seems that way for Carlos too.

Bregman on TA confirmed...
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Alright paredes. Throw freaking strikes
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lets see if the bullpen can hold a 10 run lead
redline248
AG
Been watching, but finally caught up on the thread. 2 thoughts, pretty much already covered

1. What the hell was Straw doing at 3rd just then? head scratcher

2. Why do we continue to link Chandler's tweets? We all know he sucks and hates the Astros and McTaggert is so much better.
Cromagnum
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This place would meltdown like nothing you have ever seen if we blow this one. LOL.
RED AG 98
AG
Quit nibbling and just throw strikes!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Cromagnum said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

More!

This place would meltdown like nothing you have ever seen if we blow this one. LOL.
I dunno...Saturday night was pretty bad. I would hate to see the meltdown from blowing a 10 run lead.
redline248
AG
That 3rd strike caught way too much of the plate to be tossing your bat like that
redline248
AG
That one, though? not so much
EastCoastAgNc
AG
rdunham98 said:

Quit nibbling and just throw strikes!
Enoli seems to be a very excitable guy. I think if he could harness his emotions and keep a steady heartbeat, he could be a much more consistent guy. I'm not sure that they can fix that in AAA since you kinda have to simulate that big game environment.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mariners bullpen just blew the lead to the A's in the 8th. Pitcher balked the tying run into scoring position. I swear the A's are so lucky.
jakeaggie84
AG
Big time! Nice inning!
Johnsy3
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

9 runs and only 2 of them scored on a single home run. All the rest in the ballpark. That's a sign of a balanced offense.
Make that 11.

I believe it was W who brought it up yesterday, but the Astros are not hitting that many HRs this year. We are 17th in the league with 60. Atlanta is first with 81 and the pirates are last with 36 (yeesh).

I guess that could be attributed to Yordan missing significant time and Bregman not hitting than many.
bullard21k
AG
Enoldi needs to finish the game. Dude needs to give the BP another day of breather but also needs innings to just get his head straight in front of a crowd
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Johnsy3 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Make that 11.

I believe it was W who brought it up yesterday, but the Astros are not hitting that many HRs this year. We are 17th in the league with 60. Atlanta is first with 81 and the pirates are last with 36 (yeesh).

I guess that could be attributed to Yordan missing significant time and Bregman not hitting than many.
I think some of it could also be because of the changes they made to the ball in the off-season. The league was trying to cut down on offense. A lot of guys in the league were focused so much on launch angle and getting homers for so long and they just haven't adjusted yet. This may be one area where having an old-school manager is not such a bad thing. They push getting hits rather than getting homers.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bullard21k said:

Enoldi needs to finish the game. Dude needs to give the BP another day of breather but also needs innings to just get his head straight in front of a crowd
Looks like they're gonna try to get Nivaldo to finish this off.
W
AG
Straw put some flair on that catch
bullard21k
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bullard21k said:

Looks like they're gonna try to get Nivaldo to finish this off.

Wish they would have just let enoldi finish. He needs innings
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Don't tempt them
Johnsy3
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Johnsy3 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Make that 11.

I think some of it could also be because of the changes they made to the ball in the off-season. The league was trying to cut down on offense. A lot of guys in the league were focused so much on launch angle and getting homers for so long and they just haven't adjusted yet. This may be one area where having an old-school manager is not such a bad thing. They push getting hits rather than getting homers.

Oh yeah, duh. That too.

tjack16
AG
Yep that's our bullpen
EastCoastAgNc
AG
out, homer, warning track out, double, warning track out.

I'll take it.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

out, homer, warning track out, double, warning track out.

I'll take it.

Relatively elite
bearkatag15
AG
Nivoldo Rodriguez looks like the opposite of the type of pitcher you want keep on your 40 man roster. There are probably 3 guys we could DFA tonight and 0 teams would want anything to do with
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Nivoldo Rodriguez looks like the opposite of the type of pitcher you want keep on your 40 man roster. There are probably 3 guys we could DFA tonight and 0 teams would want anything to do with

Agreed
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

He has good AAA numbers. Obviously he's not a guy you're gonna use in leverage situations, but every team has some innings eaters. I think if they hadn't had to use up Beilak so much this past weekend, this would be his spot.
W
AG
um, no HBP's in a 9-run game
Frok
AG
Listening on the radio, that Blue Bell commercial has got to have the longest run of any commercial I've heard. When was that recorded? It sounds like 80 or 90s
First Page Last Page
Page 463 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.