***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,737 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dusty is a bum
EastCoastAgNc
AG
That's on Dusty. Should have walked him. Terrible manager who deserves to be fired.
mwm
What an incredibly crappy weekend.
Yoda
AG
Can't fathom why we pitched to him. Seems like the way this series should've ended, I guess. What a garbage showing from our guys.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
txag614
Why the hell would you not put him on 1st? Dusty is not the manager this team needs.
Beat40
I HATE MLB SO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH SUCH A STUPID RULE.
AggiEE
Totally mismanaged all series long and we let their only good hitter just destroy us for no reason
CFTXAG10
AG
You have an opportunity to put their hottest batter on 1st to set up a double play and you just say **** it
6-4-3
AG
I defend Dusty frequently but that was just stupid. Now we have a challenging schedule coming up. We needed one this weekend.
RED AG 98
AG
Good job Dusty. You let their best guy beat you. OPS is 180 points higher than anyone else on the team. Idiot.
bullard21k
AG
So we don't use Presley 2 innings the other night with a lead. But we use him for 2 innings today when the game is tied.

And we don't walk the hottest hitter on the planet with a base open

Our manager is a complete imbecile
Ag12thman
AG
Pathetic showing this weekend. Need to shake it off. Inexcusable to get swept by the garbage Rangers.
cc10106
I should have waited longer to **** on Dusty apparently. My bad.

Glad they got a day off!
Aggie8587
AG
There was enough evidence all season to see Dusty wasn't fit to be a MLB manager, let alone one of a contending team.

After this weekend's stunts he should be terminated before he leaves the stadium.
RED AG 98
AG
Anyone know how to get a telegram to Dusty? I would like him to see this:

tjack16
AG
15-9 at home
11-12 on the road

Good thing the next 10 are at home
wangus12
AG
Woof what a **** weekend
AggieLit
We must hate being in first place.
Ag4life80
AG
I'll preface this by saying I have lived and been tormented by having the Astros as my team for over 55 years.
My wife and I drove up from Georgetown and attended the Saturday game. What I saw was the most uninspired, lethargic Astro team I've ever seen. Half ass effort on running out ground balls, sloppy defense, and just an overall body language of ' I don't want to be here.' After their at bats, literally not one infielder even jogged out to their position to warm up. Most innings, no came out of the dugout for a couple of minutes, the field just sat there empty of players. Dusty might be a fine fellow, but as a manager - he sucks. Allowing a team to just go through the motions is on the manager, no one else. Left the stadium very disheartened
BCEDAg
AG
If Abreu was halfway effective coming out of the bullpen we would have won the game 2-1. He hasn't been good and should be sent down. Although he wasn't the losing pitcher today, he came in to protect a 1-0 Rangers lead and promptly gave up an earned run. After losing the Friday night game.
bearkatag15
AG
Framber and Blake Taylor had rehab appearances tonight for Sugar Land. Both did well
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG
Oh Siri also is 2 for 4 with 4 RBI and a 3 run HR.

Texaggie7nine
Went to the skeeters game. Framber did good, but you could tell he still has a bit of rust to knock off.
7nine
spadilly
S
Let's get this out of the way early today and move on to happier times....
spadilly
S
Off days...

Bobcat-Ag
bearkatag15 said:

What has changed with Jose Siri? He has a team change and is hitting lights out. Is this just way too small of a sample size or are we seeing the beginnings of what he could be in the future?
W
AG
okay, time to forget about this past weekend...and get ready for a great homestand
bearkatag15
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

What has changed with Jose Siri? He has a team change and is hitting lights out. Is this just way too small of a sample size or are we seeing the beginnings of what he could be in the future?
I think he is just hitting really well right now and needs to prove he can do it over a longer period of time than just the 1st 3 weeks of the season. If its July 1st and he's still hitting .400 with 15-20 HRs then Click has no choice.

Its also important to note that his strikeout percentage is the same this year (28%) as it has been his entire minor league career. That's a high K% for the Astros but not that crazy of a percentage compared to the rest of the league. Adolis Garcia has a K% around 28% as well.
wangus12
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

I think he is just hitting really well right now and needs to prove he can do it over a longer period of time than just the 1st 3 weeks of the season. If its July 1st and he's still hitting .400 with 15-20 HRs then Click has no choice.

Its also important to note that his strikeout percentage is the same this year (28%) as it has been his entire minor league career. That's a high K% for the Astros but not that crazy of a percentage compared to the rest of the league. Adolis Garcia has a K% around 28% as well.
Sounds like Siri is on the same chicken, rice and pushups routine.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yordan has 26.1%.

K rate is important, but it's one thing. I'll take a 50% K rate if Siri can give me a consistent .750 OPS.

I wish we had more detailed info on the minor league guys to better evaluate them. As of now, we do have his BABIP. It's .514. That isn't sustainable no matter how well you're striking the baseball.

Siri doesn't need to be some stud to make the club and get PT. All he needs to do is play an average to above-average CF and give us slightly below-average to average production. That is all it takes to improve from Straw. Right now, Straw is 28% below average offensively (wRC+) which is 17th worst in baseball for qualified players.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Has anyone tuned in to stream a skeeters game on the MiLB app? I have a family friend who plays for Durham so we have watched a few games, it isnt bad but it also isnt great...they need a camera that shows the infield better.
Billy Baroo
AG
Think we're really missing George. Not really as much in the lineup since he wouldn't have played much this year anyway, but in the clubhouse.
Mathguy64
AG
Spent the weekend at COTA in Austin in the pouring rain watching NASCAR. Sounds like I missed nothing.
TRM
AG
You had a better time in the rain at COTA.
First Page Last Page
Page 398 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.