***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,832,025 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No way, with stubhub and their totally good 24% rate on their Visa, they can pay for those tickets until 2025. Just $36 a month!
The Porkchop Express
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Can someone gif this please?
All I do is Nguyen
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I got you!

Satellite of Love
That's the new official HR celebration gif of the Houston Astros. Brought to you by Carls Jr.
All I do is Nguyen
Also, yesterday I did not post a Jobu meme to the book of Face, and I also did not post here on the thread. I will repeat in hopes that the wins continue. I also bought $3k worth of Shiba, though I doubt that has any bearing
Satellite of Love
Anyone purchase the '21 world series hat? Does the World Series patch say 2021 on it? Looking at pictures it looks like the year is absent.
All I do is Nguyen
Satellite of Love said:

That's the new official HR celebration gif of the Houston Astros. Brought to you by Carls Jr.
I honestly prefer the artillery bat swing one, but hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Mathguy64
AG
All you "I put my phone down", "I stayed off TA", "I wore my same shirt" chumps need to get with the program. Those have nothing to do with it. I posted tits and Altuve immediately hit a homer. If you all would pick up your damn phones and post titties this series would be over already.
All I do is Nguyen
Honestly I would take a ban if it meant the Astros get a world series

The Porkchop Express
Headed to Atlanta with a 4-game World Series road winning streak. No idea what the record is, but that's got to be close, right?

Gm 7 2017 - 5-1 vs. Dodgers
Gm 3 2019 - 4-1 vs. Nationals
Gm 4 2019 - 8-1 vs. Nationals
Gm 5 2019 - 7-1 vs. Nationals

So I"m assuming we'll win and only allow 1 run in each of the next three games?
All I do is Nguyen
I love that we broke the home losing streak, and the losing streak with the roof open in the WS last night. If our pitching can be as amazing as it was last night, we win the next 3 easily.

Speaking of pitching, why isn't Grienke starting game 4? He has the most experience in NL parks and is a decent batter.
Satellite of Love
I did my part by switching back to the 2017 WS hat. I wore the Apollo 11 anniversary hat for the first time during game 1. I won't be making that mistake again.
gigemJTH12
AG
Cromagnum said:

Lots of $30,000 millionaires on Facebook that went to both home games.

Next month:

most of them watching their first couple games of the year too
R-Dog
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I got you!

My first thought on seeing this is Miguel Angel Jimenez's golf warmup routine
Satellite of Love
I didn't think a starter for game 4 has been announced? It's not posted on the Astros site at least.
07ag
AG
https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2021/2021-10/27/325661b9-32ecdf55-b5e15d70-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

was curious how this would go,, he always jokes about how his dog can throw better than he can now, looked pretty decent though
https://ts.la/eric59704
JYDog90
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I love that we broke the home losing streak, and the losing streak with the roof open in the WS last night. If our pitching can be as amazing as it was last night, we win the next 3 easily.

Speaking of pitching, why isn't Grienke starting game 4? He has the most experience in NL parks and is a decent batter.

It's just a guess but I was thinking about this last night and I wonder if they aren't sure that he'd last 3 innings to see his place come up in the order. Maybe they'll enter him in relief when his spot is coming up in the next half inning to preserve a pinch hitter.
gigemJTH12
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I got you!

pretty sure he was imitating this

n_touch
07ag said:

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2021/2021-10/27/325661b9-32ecdf55-b5e15d70-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

was curious how this would go,, he always jokes about how his dog can throw better than he can now, looked pretty decent though
For a second there I was thinking he was just going to hand it to him
SW-14
AG
He was like 10 feet away.
wangus12
AG
Satellite of Love said:

I did my part by switching back to the 2017 WS hat. I wore the Apollo 11 anniversary hat for the first time during game 1. I won't be making that mistake again.
It took me nearly 2 years to track down one of the Apollo 11 hats that fit me
3 Toed Pete
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I've never been so confident in a series before......not arrogant because anything can happen.....but extremely confident.

We're the superior team in every way.

Washington was different because of their SP. We are better than Atlanta at basically every aspect
Agree completely. I posted yesterday about how great this team is WHEN THEY ARE FOCUSED. Their regular season W-L record against teams over .500 was outstanding and was poor against under .500 teams. They really can "turn it on" when needed as they did against CWS and especially Boston. I laughed in the first inning last night when Buck said the over/under on Astros' hits was at 8. There was no doubt about what these guys were going to do. And if Bregman can regain his past form.....look out.

This team is really special and the Braves saw it up close and personal last night. Stros take 2 in Atlanta and finish it in Game 6.
CAR96
AG
I bought this year's Astros World Series hat & there is no 2021 date on the logo.
Satellite of Love
CAR96 said:

I bought this year's Astros World Series hat & there is no 2021 date on the logo.
That's a ****ing bummer.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, this actually might have something to do with it. It seemed like a different group of people overall.
Eso si, Que es
Willy Wonka said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

It's just a guess but I was thinking about this last night and I wonder if they aren't sure that he'd last 3 innings to see his place come up in the order. Maybe they'll enter him in relief when his spot is coming up in the next half inning to preserve a pinch hitter.
I'd like to see him used in relief in the hopes of getting 2 AB's out of him if he can go 3 innings.
Natural antibodies are best antibodies!
Ag_07
AG
Holy shlt!!!

Just realized no one is complaining about the game called by Ron Kulpa.

Did he just call the best game of his life???
Mathguy64
AG
Tuesday night in the second inning this series changed. When Morton got hit and knocked out, it forced the Braves into having 2 bull pen games in 4 and 5. Their starter tomorrow has not been going deep. He has only logged 12 innings in the playoffs since Sept 30. Get to him early and you could have their pen exposed in game 3 and wiped by game 5. How fast we get to the third trip in the lineup is key.
3B Paul 97
AG
Ag_07 said:

Holy shlt!!!

I thought he was pretty consistent.
Texaggie7nine
n_touch said:

07ag said:

For a second there I was thinking he was just going to hand it to him
7nine
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Ag_07 said:

Holy shlt!!!

The zone was ****, it was huge. But he was consistent. Which is what you ask for.
Eso si, Que es
I texted my buddy last week before game 4 of ALCS

Quote:

Didn't we determine the success rate of Astros in the playoffs is greatly enhanced if we talk prior to first pitch?
And we called each other prior to ALCS games 4, 5, 6

We missed WS game 1, but rectified our mistake last night. The only guarantee I can make is that the phone call will happen moving forward.
Natural antibodies are best antibodies!
Ag_07
AG
I really didn't think it was that big.

He called some borderline strikes that were out of the done but I don't recall any calls that made me curse at the TV.

I thought it was actually one of the better called games we've seen recently.
texasaggie2015
AG
Ron Kulpa was fine. I don't see how anyone could have any complaints.
jg07
AG
CAR96 said:

Merch was really lacking at the game compared to what was offered in 2019. I'm sure its supply chain issues or at least that will be their excuse. I bought the hat too, crazy it didn't at least have the year on it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1896 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.