***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,963 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if the guys in the Sox locker room are hung up on that pitch to Castro. I hope they are.
Wabs
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Also I will say to the people convinced that Pressly still allows zero runs even if its tied 2-2, the way the hitters and the pitcher approach that inning is way different if its tied versus being down 7 runs.
JYDog90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Bond said:

I don't mind Papi.....but man the broken English is brutal.

This panel is so average when they're clearly trying to mimick TNT.....and it's not even close

Papi fills a nice role. A-Rod is hit or miss. He's much better at this than in a booth. Big Hurt kind of sucks.

I'd love an Astro version of this. Sparky, Blum, Bagwell, & Berkman all shooting the **** talking baseball.

As long as they turn Bags' mic up. I can never hear a word that guy says on the broadcast. Of course I'm an old.
n_touch
redline248 said:

I wonder if the guys in the Sox locker room are hung up on that pitch to Castro. I hope they are.
And after they get over that I hope that they focus on their fielding problems after the strike
JYDog90
AG
I hope they do have it up. They'd better start swinging at pitches out of the zone just to be safe, you don't know what's going to be called a strike. And pitching, they'd better groove them in the heart of the plate.
Ag_07
AG
Ole Dusty is actually pulling mostly all the right strings so far.

He's used Yimi early to bridge to guys so they can start innings clean, used Maton (who apparently now is a cold blooded assassin) and Raley perfectly, and saved his big guns when he needed them the most.

Just a Dusty hater eating some crow and giving the OG some credit.
Mr.Bond
AG
I flipped over to 610 for first time in years just to see what they were talking about....... the 1-5 Texans. Lmao.

Astros are in ****in ALCS
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tjack16
AG
Dusty is having a good series. Only decision in hindsight that was stupid was Diaz for Chas last night
Bad Poster
tjack16 said:

Dusty is having a good series. Only decision in hindsight that was stupid was Diaz for Chas last night

And didnt put castro in sooner
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Lets check in on the all-time postseason leaderboard.

Runs
1. Jeter 111 (734 PA)
5. Altuve 62 (326 PA)

Total Bases
1. Jeter 302 (734 PA)
6. Altuve 162 (326 PA)

Home Runs
1. Ramirez 29 (493 PA)
3. Altuve 21 (326 PA)
5t. Springer 19 (292 PA)
7t. Correa 18 (300 PA)

RBI
1. Williams 80 (545 PA)
6. Correa 55 (300 PA)
9t. Altuve 47 (326 PA)

Win Probability Added
2. Correa 2.9 (300 PA)
4. Berkman 2.7 (224 PA)
6. Altuve 2.6 (326 PA)
8. Springer 2.3 (292 PA)
10. Beltran 2.3 (256 PA)

htxag09
AG
Deluxe said:

Wabs said:

I remember. F the haters.

THIS.

Winners suck it up and move on. Bad breaks/calls happen. Losers complain.

Wait, are you trying to say we didn't complain about this call and every other bad call we've had against us?!?! Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty livid with the national media and with fox's broadcast reaction. We've had far, far worse go against us and nobody even noticed. But this thread was pretty damn unbearable with the complaints.
Beat40
Berkman at #4 is surprising. Imagine if he was hitting in this lineup…
Wabs
AG
htxag09 said:

Deluxe said:

Wabs said:

I remember. F the haters.

THIS.

Winners suck it up and move on. Bad breaks/calls happen. Losers complain.

Wait, are you trying to say we didn't complain about this call and every other bad call we've had against us?!?! Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty livid with the national media and with fox's broadcast reaction. We've had far, far worse go against us and nobody even noticed. But this thread was pretty damn unbearable with the complaints.
Yes, we complained and we were pissed. The difference pointed out here is the media told us to just suck it up, part of the game, karma, blah, blah, blah. Where's all that now?
Beat40
That's what they're saying. They're saying the national media basically told Astros fans to suck it up on that pitch and the Grandal bases loaded play.

Calling out the inconsistency in outrage.
W
AG
yep, wake up this morning...and all the national sports news is talking about is the pitch to Castro
BadAggie
AG
Scoreboard, M@ssholes.
MaxPower
Beat40 said:

Berkman at #4 is surprising. Imagine if he was hitting in this lineup…
Dude absolutely raked in the playoffs. He doesn't get much credit because we never won it all and often he was the only one doing anything in a bad offense. His playoff prowess should have been what pushed him over the edge into the HOF. 1 WAR in the playoff should count for 5 or 10 regular season.
mwm
We need to bury those SOBs this afternoon.
Ags #1
AG
article number 2 on ESPN.com talking about the "missed" strike to castro.
BadAggie
AG
Ah, the poor Boston sports fan. They never get a break, and their teams play their games the right way.
The Porkchop Express
Mr.Bond said:

I flipped over to 610 for first time in years just to see what they were talking about....... the 1-5 Texans. Lmao.

Mr.Bond
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Mr.Bond said:

Yup. Uniforms and everything
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BadAggie
AG
Red Sox might not have had scored any runs but for a terrible ball call earlier in the game.

Yes, national sports media is predictable for any teams from east or west coast + Chicago.

iamtheglove
Farmer1906 said:

Lets check in on the all-time postseason leaderboard.

Runs
1. Jeter 111 (734 PA)
5. Altuve 62 (326 PA)

Total Bases
1. Jeter 302 (734 PA)
6. Altuve 162 (326 PA)

Home Runs
1. Ramirez 29 (493 PA)
3. Altuve 21 (326 PA)
5t. Springer 19 (292 PA)
7t. Correa 18 (300 PA)

RBI
1. Williams 80 (545 PA)
6. Correa 55 (300 PA)
9t. Altuve 47 (326 PA)

Win Probability Added
2. Correa 2.9 (300 PA)
4. Berkman 2.7 (224 PA)
6. Altuve 2.6 (326 PA)
8. Springer 2.3 (292 PA)
10. Beltran 2.3 (256 PA)

Thanks for posting. On the broadcast last night both Joe Buck and one of the postgame announcers said something along the lines of "Altuve moves up the list of all time post season homeruns, although he has had the chance to play in more games due to expansion of the playoffs."

It's just lazy as hell If not completely disingenuous that they would not state the obvious, that he did it in far less plate appearances. I mean, that is the real measure of his greatness vs. Jeter and Manny and Bernie Williams come playoff time.

Yes, I'm an old man yelling at clouds, but it was pretty weak sauce on their part.
iamtheglove
Ags #1 said:

I actually thought Cora's postgame comments were pretty level headed. Was surprised by it
AggieLit
Mr.Bond said:

Freaking 610 guys were talking about the Texans the day after we won the World Series. Watson had just been injured and that took precedence, although I do remember Rich Lord promising that they'd get to the Astros.
Bad Poster
Ags #1 said:

If that was the pitch that leads to robo umps then let them cry all they want. Get rid of these biased, mistakable umps
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm so brutally hungover it's not even funny
RO519
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

#metoo

What a game last night.

I need another cup of coffee.
The Porkchop Express
texasaggie2015 said:

I started my work assignment 5 hours after I had planned to. Finished it at 2:30 a.m., went to bed at 2:45 a.m., got up at 6:30 a.m. Totally worth it.
ClickClack
AG
I didn't get home from the game until 2am. So yeah I'm in rough shape today. Completely worth it.

Stuck around and headed over to the Astros dugout where all the stros fans were congregated and cheering for a while after the game. It was a good time.

BadAggie
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Maybe they can talk about the 2 called strikes that Eovaldi got. Two of which were out of the zone wide.

Maybe they could talk about whatever scam Cora is running these days that enabled his team only to swing at strikes against Astro starters. I guess we should be charitable and assume that it was good old fashioned scouting. Too bad those scouts didn't do much work on the bullpen, apparently.
CFTXAG10
AG
I just listened to Salisbury talking about the Passan tweet on 790 and it took a long time to wipe the **** eating grin off my face. Cry kid!

Every time a bad call goes against us:

"Well you still had an opportunity to get out of it and win" - so did you, maybe don't let the Astros gang bang you for several more runs in the 9th, and do better in the home half at the plate.

"Thats just part of the game" - Diaz called more incorrect calls against us than them. You can magnify it all you want in a big spot with Castro, but we found a way to not let it linger and move on. So many pitches from Pivetta and their bullpen were well outside.
First Page Last Page
Page 1684 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.