***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,405 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well those Correa comments really suck to hear as a fan.

Crane being cheap is honestly surprising to me. I'm guessing Click is bringing the Tampa bay mentality to Houston.

Hopefully he plays at his best, wins a title this year and that'll take some of the sting away. Losing Springer after being a game short of the World Series was agonizing
HvilleAggie
AG

Ag_07
AG
I doesn't disagree with either side.
TRM
AG
Crane strikes me as the type of guy who will spend other people's money but not his own.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Crane being cheap is honestly surprising to me. I'm guessing Click is bringing the Tampa bay mentality to Houston.

Hopefully he plays at his best, wins a title this year and that'll take some of the sting away. Losing Springer after being a game short of the World Series was agonizing

Don't get it twisted. This isn't "being cheap". Crane has a track record of spending over the last 5 years. This is more a difference in philosophy. The Astros org doesn't believe in mega contracts. For every one you point to the works out I can probably point to 10 that didn't.

It sucks. It hurts to lose a key player, the vocal leader, and a clutch performer. But I think we'll all be okay if we keep winning and making playoffs runs.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Agree.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Agreed
zgood10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Agree.
Yeah I can't fault either party. Let's have a great season and go from there
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Don't get it twisted. This isn't "being cheap". Crane has a track record of spending over the last 5 years. This is more a difference in philosophy. The Astros org doesn't believe in mega contracts. For every one you point to the works out I can probably point to 10 that didn't.

It sucks. It hurts to lose a key player, the vocal leader, and a clutch performer. But I think we'll all be okay if we keep winning and making playoffs runs.

I think I'm just mad since he's my favorite player and has been since 2015. It's not a make or break deal of course but I just don't want to see him wearing another uniform. Especially after he went to bat for the guys last year

I honestly wonder if we just said "we are going to give you 30-40 MM a year for a shorter deal. Like 3 years 100 MM"

It sounds like a crazy deal but Bryce Harper said on a podcast last year he almost came to the Astros in 2019 for 2 years at 40 MM per

A 3 year massive money deal would give us Correa during his 26-29 years old seasons, and he would be a FA at age 29 with potential to still get a huge deal
tjack16
AG
I think Correa is the most attainable of the upcoming free agent shortstop class.

Maybe the front office has a lot of faith in Pena coming up in the minors and being another homegrown star
Frok
AG
He must want 10+ years.

Ag_07
AG
WTF does a 3 year deal have to do with anything?
His issue is the length of contract.

A huge 3 year deal won't solve the problem.
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

WTF does a 3 year deal have to do with anything?
His issue is the length of contract.

A huge 3 year deal won't solve the problem.

True. I misread one of his comments and took it as a average per year issue. Not length

Yeah I think from reading all of his comments he won't take anything below 10 years.
tylhair
AG
If Correa walks:

Plan A) Sign one of the other FA SS (Story, Baez, Seager)

Plan B) Move Bregman to SS and sign a FA 3B Kris Bryant.

Plan C) Maybe make due with a Toro type at 3B and sign a big 1B bat (Freeman, Rizzo).

Plan D) No sexy FA signings. Make up the production in the aggregate. Roll with internal options.

Which of these is most likely?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Video of his comments
tjack16
AG
tylhair said:

If Correa walks:

Plan C) Maybe make due with a Toro type at 3B and sign a big 1B bat (Freeman, Rizzo).

Plan D) No sexy FA signings. Make up the production in the aggregate. Roll with internal options.

If he does leave. I like option B.
zgood10
AG
tylhair said:

If Correa walks:

B or D
agdaddy04
AG
Rockies better not blow this.
wangus12
AG
Frok said:

He must want 10+ years.

Which in most sports is typically absurd because the player never maintains that performance level that long
tjack16
AG
Call your shot for tonight

First Astros homerun goes to....

I'm going to say Carlos
zgood10
AG
Machete
Mathguy64
AG
Yordan. Cuban Piss Missile in the 2nd.
CFTXAG10
AG
I'll take Bregs with a rope over the left field wall
Ag_07
AG
Altuve with a leadoff bomb. George who?
wangus12
AG
Miles Straw
Mathguy64
AG
Mrs Mathguy is pissed. No more courtesy 8:10 west coast starts.
Frok
AG
wangus12 said:

Miles Straw

Looking forward to the R U a wizard meme
bearkatag15
AG
Altuve leads off the season with a moon shot in honor of Springer
Mr.Bond
AG
Welp....vaya con Dios Carlos
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
tylhair said:

If Correa walks:

We talked about B on here a while back and it makes some sense. I think an aging Kyle Seager (clearly going to be a FA after the offseason interview) can be affordable, short term, and still crank the ball. By the time his deal is up Pena and/or Nova will be ready to play at the big league level.

With that I am going to try to end Correa contract /replacement talk. Let's get hype for tonight. Step one on the road to the 2021 World Series.
PoppaB05
AG
The Mets screwed up. They basically did the same thing the Texans did with Tunsil, trade the farm then have to sign a crazy high deal because they have no leverage and had to sign Lindor to a deal or be ridiculed. It was dumb. Negotiate the new contract while you negotiate the trade or you may as well bend over and spread for the player because they are coming in dry. If Lindor signs for something reasonable like 8 for 250-275 I think Correa signs. With this deal setting the market, he would be stupid to not become a FA and see if he can get Lindor money.

Oh well
Mr.Bond
AG
The Mets completely ****ed the market. When will GMs figure out 10 year deals NEVER work......

Offer carlos 8 at 220 and that's MAX otherwise see ya buddy
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

turfman80
AG
I would be more worried about Correa leaving if he can just play the majority of this season instead of being injured. If he proves he can be an everyday/majority season roster player, open the bank.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
mwm
Julia looking my-t-fine.
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.