*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,956 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Royals extended Salvador Perez. Hopefully we'll hear something soon on correa one way or another.

Fo you think we'll come out and say, we're not extending Correa?

I've said it on here before, but with the luxury cap situation I cannot see us extending anyone. We'll have money to spend in the offseason if we want to sign Correa or any high end free agents.

No I don't think the Astros would come out and say it. However that stuff has a way of leaking out to the media. I think if Carlos were asked he'd probably be honest about it.
redline248
AG
Chandler with that hard-hitting reporting we've all come to expect.
Marvin
AG
Spring training results don't matter, but 3 wins in 18 games sort of gets your attention. If there is anything to draw from it, my guess is that it speaks more to the threadbare farm system. We have no one close to contributing.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin said:

Spring training results don't matter, but 3 wins in 18 games sort of gets your attention. If there is anything to draw from it, my guess is that it speaks more to the threadbare farm system. We have no one close to contributing.

Having no minor league season last year certainly hasn't helped things
astros4545
AG
Spring training results do not matter

No injuries and health matters and we are doing fine there
Farmer1906
AG
Yup
Marvin
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Marvin said:

Having no minor league season last year certainly hasn't helped things

Well that should equate to a zero sum game then, not the worst record in Florida.

Again, don't misinterpret my point. My first comment was that the games don't matter so it had no bearing on the starting guys. You and astros45 repeating it doesn't make it any different!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
How is minor league working this year? Do they have a spring training after major leagues ends?
Ag4life80
AG
The fact that the hitting sucks virtually every day is not a good sign. It's just not. Momentum matters in sports. It's time to start gaining at least a little.
astros4545
AG
astros4545
AG
Hopefully Degrom and Strasburg don't pitch against us 25% of the season like they have in spring training too
Farmer1906
AG
Ag4life80 said:

The fact that the hitting sucks virtually every day is not a good sign. It's just not. Momentum matters in sports. It's time to start gaining at least a little.

This is the hot take you're going with? We need momentum hitting from spring training in order to hit well in the regular season? Most of our starters have maybe 25 ABs. Several have much less. Or are you insinuating the 25 ABs of a double A player factors into this much needed momentum?

2017 Spring Training
Guys > 1.000 OPS
Reed
Moran
Straw
Beltran
A couple other no name types

Guys <.700
Marwin
Springer
Correa
Bregman

Future MVP Altuve just missed the mark at .711.
Farmer1906
AG
Fangraphs is released their annual position ranings. Outside of CF, I would expect this to be our weakest position.

Jackal99
AG
astros4545 said:

GD...
CFTXAG10
AG
STH individual ticket presale was today at 9am and lots of tickets are still available for opening day. Just fyi. I know more codes are going out tomorrow at 3pm if you are on their email sign-up list.
Farmer1906
AG
Got any codes to share?
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Got any codes to share?
Let me ask around about today. I know I will have at least one for tomorrow at 3pm.
redline248
AG
Lineup talk: Assume Straw states the year at leadoff. How long is reasonable to either stick with him or move him, based on early production? What's the OBP cutoff? .350? I have no idea
Farmer1906
AG
I'll keep him there as long as he has an .800 OPS.
redline248
AG
What if he's just a singles machine?
Farmer1906
AG
Then it's probably not worth it because it bumps down a bunch of guys who'll have an .850-1.000 OPS.
Deluxe
AG
Is Chas gonna get the fourth OF spot by default? Siri/Souza haven't really earned a big league contract thus far.
Ag_07
AG
Damn Abreu looks nasty today!
Farmer1906
AG
I guess. This is a pretty big gap. I have no faith in Chas. Siri doesn't seem ready yet. Souza could eat up the rest of our cap. Unless he's 100% of 2017 then he's not worth doing that.
Farmer1906
AG
Oh look. Here's TED going oppo.

Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
astros4545
AG
Straw just drove one against the RF wall

This guy aint no damn singles hitter
Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

redline248
AG
astros4545 said:

Well, good!
Farmer1906
AG
I'm listening to the most recent fan graphs podcast on the Rangers & Astros. I'm a known Chandler Rome hater, but he actually spoke fairy intelligently and unbiased. I'll give him credit. He did expect us to win the division, but only expected 87 wins. Seems kind of odd. He must think very little of the As & Angels.

The Rangers writer and the hosts both seem devastated by the Rangers opening up 100% for the season opener. Made me roll my eyes.
Ag_07
AG
Since we're overreacting over ST results...

3 run inning with Straw banging a double, stealing 3B, Altuve going 1st to 3rd, Uncle Mike smoking one down the line, and sequencing of XBHs.

WS here we come!!!!
astros4545
AG
Altuve lines into a triple play

Do I have everyones permission to panic about a Spring Training triple play
Farmer1906
AG
That's kind of impressive.
bearkatag15
AG

Typical GM talk
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.