Is this good? Someone confirm.

5,125 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PlaneCrashGuy
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Altuve, Bregman, and Springer combine for 0-21 in their 2 Game Series against the Dodgers. Broomsticks?

Altuve: 0-9, 2K, 2LOB

Springer: 0-5, K, 2LOB

Bregman, 0-7, 2BB, 3 LOB

Statistics are fun! Gig 'Em & Go Cards!
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
astros4545
AG
Geez

That's almost as bad as Cody Bellinger and Joc Pederson
CFTXAG10
AG
Lets take a peek at what is on the front page of the Cardinals' website:

Quote:

After 3 straight losses (with only 4 runs scored), manager Mike Shildt expressed confidence in the Cards' lineup.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Lets take a peek at what is on the front page of the Cardinals' website:

Quote:

After 3 straight losses (with only 4 runs scored), manager Mike Shildt expressed confidence in the Cards' lineup.

Found this on the Astros

Quote:

"We don't need to cheat to win, just to hit"

“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Deluxe
AG
A couple hard fought games with really good pitching on both sides. Dodgers have a great team and they're among the world series favorites for a reason. Astros are making some adjustments to new manager/approach and bringing along a bunch of rookie pitchers. Going to be some rocky times in the short term but I'm encouraged.

And rag on Springer, Altuve and Bregman with cheating implications all you want for now, so long as you're willing to make the opposite insinuations when they start hitting. If they go a full 60 at the levels they're at today, feel free to continue trolling. But doing right now isn't very smart.
Aggies2009
AG
Deluxe said:

And rag on Springer, Altuve and Bregman with cheating implications all you want for now, so long as you're willing to make the opposite insinuations when they start hitting. If they go a full 60 at the levels they're at today, feel free to continue trolling. But doing right now isn't very smart.
Yeah, they're all great players, cheating or not. They'll start hitting, for sure. Those celebrating now have no clue how sample size works.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
St. Louis 2017

Houston 2017

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

Yeah, they're all great players, cheating or not. They'll start hitting, for sure. Those celebrating now have no clue how sample size works.
Thank you for proving the point. Once they adjust to not cheating they'll start hitting again, but for now they have to learn to hit when they don't know whats coming.
Aggies2009
AG
LDA9336 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

Thank you for proving the point. Once they adjust to not cheating they'll start hitting again, but for now they have to learn to hit when they don't know whats coming.
Lol I'm a big critic of the cheating, but come on. We have no clue why they're not hitting.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Aggies2009 said:

LDA9336 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

Lol I'm a big critic of the cheating, but come on. We have no clue why they're not hitting.

We have at least one clue....
I didn't hear a trashcan on the broadcast
Ag_07
AG
You didn't hear a trash can in 2019 either and they had one the best offenses in ML history.

You're a moron
Deluxe
AG
Aggies2009 said:

LDA9336 said:

Agreed. I'm not sure why we can't give credit to the Dodgers for having a great pitching staff. Those guys are always super well prepared and can execute game plans. They're a great team for a reason.

And it's not like Astros hitters haven't struggled in the playoffs in recent years when they, not coincidentally, are facing the best pitching staffs. Like most elite offensive units, they feast over a full length season on poor/average teams, but the best staffs are able to neutralize them to some extent (just like the Astros elite pitchers in 17-19 were able to neutralize alot of other elite offenses).
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag_07 said:

You didn't hear a trash can in 2019 either and they had one the best offenses in ML history.

You're a moron
ebdb_bnb
I don't see this thread back firing one bit.
bullard21k
AG
So the 2019 Astros came within a few outs and 1 pitch of winning the World Series last year and had one of the best offenses in the history of the mlb. Are you purposely being obtuse or just not a well educated fan?

I mean if cheating is cheating with no context like I keep reading than the espionage committed by cardinals front office is the worst offense since the black Sox's scandal and they should be stripped of every post season accolade for the past 100 years and everyone associated with the organization should be drug out back and shot. (Just making sure I'm doing this right so confirm if it's wrong)
tjack16
AG
We can revisit this thread in October and compare Astros to the Cardinals then
jkag89

Oh wait, this is over a two game stretch. I'm sure there were times in 2017 those three had similar numbers in back to back games.
AggieBaseball06
AG
astros4545 said:

Geez

Bellinger actually got a hit so people who understand statistics would say those Astros did worse than Bellinger and Pederson.
bullard21k
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

astros4545 said:

Geez

Bellinger actually got a hit so people who understand statistics would say those Astros did worse than Bellinger and Pederson.

And Correa got 2 hits. And Yuli got 2 hits. And the Astros out hit the dodgers 8-5. Are those relevant stats or am I'm reading the stat book wrong?

Clearly the OP really thought this one through and made sure to include all relevant info.
AggieBaseball06
AG
bullard21k said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

astros4545 said:

Geez

And Correa got 2 hits. And Yuli got 2 hits. And the Astros out hit the dodgers 8-5. Are those relevant stats or am I'm reading the stat book wrong?

Clearly the OP really thought this one through and made sure to include all relevant info.

Speaking of all relevant info... all these other stats are meaningless. The only stat that matters about this series is that the Dodgers are 2-0 this season against the Astros. But I'm sure Yuli's parents are proud of him for getting those 2 hits.
03_Aggie
AggieBaseball06 said:

bullard21k said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

astros4545 said:

Geez

Speaking of all relevant info... all these other stats are meaningless. The only stat that matters about this series is that the Dodgers are 2-0 this season against the Astros. But I'm sure Yuli's parents are proud of him for getting those 2 hits.

Since we appear to be switching to whatever metric we want. The Astros beat the Dodgers 4 games to 3 when they met in the WS. I hope they weren't popping bottles in the locker room after taking two regular seasons game.
bullard21k
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

bullard21k said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

astros4545 said:

Geez

If they were meaningless then why did you take the time to offer up a response to meaningless stats?
Hi, Im Brett
AG
LDA9336 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

I just can't believe they were able to set up cameras/ monitors in opposing stadiums for years without anyone being suspicious. How dumb are the other teams?
jkag89
Hi, Im Brett said:

LDA9336 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

I just can't believe they were able to set up cameras/ monitors in opposing stadiums for years without anyone being suspicious. How dumb are the other teams?
And in 2017 they hit better on the ROAD.
ebdb_bnb
AggieBaseball06 said:

bullard21k said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

astros4545 said:

Geez

And this moron thought it was a good idea to double down on the idiocy of the OP.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I really ruffled some feathers with this thread, I guess that's what happens when you're insecure that your teams only 'ship is tainted. But hey, it's better to have a tainted championship than no championship #11in11
03_Aggie
LDA9336 said:

I really ruffled some feathers with this thread, I guess that's what happens when you're insecure that your teams only 'ship is tainted. But hey, it's better to have a tainted championship than no championship #11in11

You are your own biggest fan.
Marvin
AG
03_Aggie said:

LDA9336 said:

You are you're own biggest fan.

I'm actually wondering how old this poster is. Serious question- are you guys arguing with a 12 year old?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
mwm
For that, little girl, you're suspended for 8 games.
Ag_07
AG
Such a troll

Show up talking shlt then play the 'Oh man I ruffled some feathers you all are so insecure'

Punk ass
expresswrittenconsent
A supposed cardinal fan hiding under the skirt of the la dodgers accomplishments is really maybe the saddest attempt at smack talk in the 2 decade history of texags.
tjack16
AG
Well your cardinals couldn't quarantine and listen to protocol properly and now they're putting the season at risk.
jkag89
Marvin said:

03_Aggie said:

LDA9336 said:

You are you're own biggest fan.

I'm actually wondering how old this poster is. Serious question- are you guys arguing with a 12 year old?
Same here. He is bragging on the Redbirds 11 WSC and I'm wondering if he is even old enough to remember the 2006 Championship.
Aggies2009
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

A supposed cardinal fan hiding under the skirt of the la dodgers accomplishments is really maybe the saddest attempt at smack talk in the 2 decade history of texags.

Agreed. A team with 11 championships doesn't really need to hide behind LA and their 5 to talk smack to a team with 1. Not really sure why he went that route.
Mathguy64
AG
Cards won't have to worry about winning another this year. They are toast. 4 more positives this morning and they are at 6.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.