****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,994 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm still baffled at how awful Altuve is.

He's sliding back to the Mendoza at .216 with an OPS of .586.

Seriously...WTF
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Seriously...WTF

Yeah at this point he is who he is. No more excuses for him.
Mathguy64
AG
He definitely shouldn't be hitting in the 2 hole. He needs to be 7/8
Harry Dunne
About a month ago his BABIP was ridiculously low and his hard hit ball % was at a career high, indicating he might just be getting unlucky, especially in such a small sample.

But now he looks absolutely lost.
6-4-3
AG
He has always had some serious WTF moments in his career at the plate especially with breaking balls. But his brilliant hand-eye coordination and timing was so instinctive and intuitive. Now it just looks unnatural and uncomfortable. And not just for a couple of weeks.
Marvin
AG
He's in his own head at this point.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
W
AG
offense is near comatose, but the 'stros picked up another game on the M's.

Astros....... 25-25
Mariners....22-28
badharambe
AG
NSIAP Verlander up to 75 pitches

The Astros will presumably reassess Verlander in the next day or two before deciding if he's ready to return from the 10-day injured list, or if he'll need one more simulated outing before being activated.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/astros-justin-verlander-builds-up-to-75-pitches/
amercer
AG
tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

Seriously...WTF

Yeah at this point he is who he is. No more excuses for him.

It's terrible, but in a real season we would barely be into June with this number of games.
W
AG
the Astros currently rank #19 in MLB in OPS at .722

Reddick is down to .688 --- he better not be picky in free agency. Take the first 1-year offer.

Yuli down to .736 --- he's saving Click some money in the offseason.

George at .822 --- raised his OPS almost 90 points in September. Still time to reach .850.

Brantley at .853 --- 50 points above his career average. Will get a nice 2-year offer from some team
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
We are gonna get Verlander back, and the offense is gonna fire on all cylinders.

#WS2020
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

We are gonna get Verlander back, and the offense is gonna fire on all cylinders.

#WS2020

I've been trying to tell y'all. Welcome aboard to hype train, Nuk.
tjack16
AG
We can definitely make a run in the playoffs. I'm just going to be happy if we get there and have a good showing
Mathguy64
AG
Not to go all conspiracy theory, but are we playing with last years playoff balls while everyone else uses the regular season ones? We have 56 HR all season. The Yankees have hit 18 in the last 3 games including 5 in one inning last night. 1/3 of our whole season output in 3 games.
amercer
AG
Well, if we can get regression to the mean from the bats during the next six weeks, we might not lose another game.
Harry Dunne
Nuke LaLoosh said:

#WS2020
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

#WS2020
I leave for a few weeks......look at this thread and Nuke is a sunshine pumper???

WTF HAPPENED HERE?!?!?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/what-mlb-stats-have-mattered-in-2020

Here is a good article of which stats matter. It ain't pretty for us either.

The team with the best BA isn't even in the playoffs.
redline248
AG
At least we aren't striking out a ton. More balls in play could end up as more flare hits falling in. At least, that's one theory.
Farmer1906
AG
We're just hitting them the right way.
Satellite of Love
So was the MLB drunk when deciding on playoff game locations? NL games are played in AL stadiums and AL games played in NL stadiums. Then WS is played in the newest Home Depot location in Arlington.
Mathguy64
AG
Satellite of Love said:

So was the MLB drunk when deciding on playoff game locations? NL games are played in AL stadiums and AL games played in NL stadiums. Then WS is played in the newest Home Depot location in Arlington.
Nope. They had to make sure no one played in their home parks. And it was clear 2 weeks ago that the rangers would never sniff the playoffs. Plus the roof for weather and it was the only real choice besides Arizona.
bearkatag15
AG

What Mathguy64 said.
Panama Red
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Satellite of Love said:

Nope. They had to make sure no one played in their home parks. And it was clear 2 weeks ago that the rangers would never sniff the playoffs. Plus the roof for weather and it was the only real choice besides Arizona.
Was Satellite of Love drunk when he posted?

This seems obvious.
Farmer1906
AG
Astros improve to 4-2 after taking both series thus far.

I know how much yall love head to head game.

2020: Astros 67%
2019: Astros 68%
2018: Astros 63%
2017: Astros 63%

If we could play you every game we'd win 105 a year.
redline248
AG
Can't even sniff a double

bearkatag15
AG

Probably means no playoffs for Brad
Mathguy64
AG
Another pitcher down. Without looking, I feel sure Peacock got in less than 5 games.
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Another pitcher down. Without looking, I feel sure Peacock got in less than 5 games.
3 games
2.1 IP
7.71 ERA
W
AG
he has to evacuate the 2-hole for the playoffs
Ag_07
AG
I happened to catch Blummer 790 this afternoon and when discussing the lackluster performances at the plate he made a good point.

He was emphatic that a lot of it has to do with no fans. No energy. He said this team in particular with guys like George, Altuve, Correa, and Bregman thrive off that and to not have that is huge. Also made a good point that fans in the stands sometimes alert guys of a big spot. They get so focused that often times they dont realize it's a big spot but the fans can flip that switch for them. With no energy for these guys to feed off of and them having to generate that on their own is draining.

I think he's spot on.
Farmer1906
AG
We upgraded girls in the looks department.
Farmer1906
AG
We gotta bring our own juice. Get hyped up. Have some fun. Y'all some *****
Ag_07
AG
Looking back...That ZG deal was damn good for both sides.
First Page Last Page
Page 504 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.