****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,625,721 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta feeling Sassy Lance gives us a pretty solid performance w/ only an ER or two, but Alexander Wheelbarrow Bregman has a BIG day

Under 4 hours gents....
BCSGrubber
AG
Need 10 runs today to make up for the balls hit right at them yesterday
bearkatag15
AG
We are going to see the top of the Rays bullpen tonight if its a close game. We are going to need to hit Morton early and get a multiple run lead to pull this out.
spadilly
S

Mathguy64
AG
If Boston brings Cora back it will make Crane look even dumber.

ETA: And if they do I dont want to see another reporter say "Houston shows no remorse".
Teddy Perkins
AG
Reddick back in.

Mathguy64
AG
I hate to say it, but La Pina may be the weakest link in the lineup right now.
agproducer
AG
Mathguy64 said:

He's going to come around.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Rays with some shuffling benching Brosseau.

agdaddy04
AG
If that happens we should follow that up with rehiring Hinch.
linkdude
AG
cc10106
I like our chances against that lineup. Hope i'm right.
Proudag06
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Agreed. And also, if Boston doesn't end up rehiring Cora, we should follow that up with rehiring Hinch.
n_touch
agdaddy04 said:

One of the dumbest moves. I get he was embarrassed, but keeping Hinch or getting rid of him did nothing for that. It was a power play to try and salvage his ego. I hope as he watched the continued aftermath that he realized it didn't matter and he lost a hell of a manager.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So far this postseason he has been in probably the biggest slump of his career. We needed him to come up big last night.

Hopefully he has good ABs tonight and works himself out of it
BCSGrubber
AG
n_touch said:

agdaddy04 said:

One of the dumbest moves. I get he was embarrassed, but keeping Hinch or getting rid of him did nothing for that. It was a power play to try and salvage his ego. I hope as he watched the continued aftermath that he realized it didn't matter and he lost a hell of a manager.

Crane could also be looking at it in a way that as long as he pays money for his studs anyone can manage them.
n_touch
BCSGrubber said:

n_touch said:

agdaddy04 said:

Crane could also be looking at it in a way that as long as he pays money for his studs anyone can manage them.
Hopefully he realizes the error in that thinking too
TRM
AG
BCSGrubber said:

n_touch said:

agdaddy04 said:

Jerry Jones was this dumb too.
BMX Bandit
07ag
AG
BMX Bandit said:

bearkatag15
AG
07ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

why the thumbs down? Primetime baseball is better than daytime baseball
spadilly
S
Late starts with 4 hour baseball games.
Edit: but still better than not playing this time of year.
bearkatag15
AG

Going to need a good cutter from LMJ tonight.
Teddy Perkins
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Should be getting home from fall ball with the little one right around first pitch. Love this!
cone
AG
it's because Crane is a coward
07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

07ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

why the thumbs down? Primetime baseball is better than daytime baseball
late starts, 4 hour games, i have to get up at 5am for work mon-fri. i've liked these mid afternoon games, lol
JJxvi
AG
Hinch deserved to be fired. End of story. He was the man in the organization that was responsible for, you know, managing the players. Cora was on his coaching staff. If there is anybody that definitely knew and was responsible for being the one who could have stood up and said, no we are not doing this it should have been him.

If I were Crane I would have kept Luhnow, and **** everybody that doesnt like him or whatever, but absent any kind of evidence that the whole plan was orchestrated by the front office, then this was Hinch's failure. And I dont wann hear that its Luhnows fault he didnt forward memo or some **** either like that was the real problem
n_touch
JJxvi said:

Hinch deserved to be fired. End of story. He was the man in the organization that was responsible for, you know, managing the players. Cora was on his coaching staff. If anybody could have stood up and said, no we are not doing this it should have been him.

If I were Crane I would have kept Luhnow, and **** everybody that doesnt like him or whatever, but absent any kind of evidence that the whole plan was orchestrated by the front office, then this was Hinch's failure. And I dont wann hear that its Luhnows fault he didnt forward memo or some **** either like that was the real problem
Should have dropped all the players that did it as well. If we are going with a clean slate and holding those that are responsible for it then do so. Don't pick and choose.

This becomes the problem with putting blame and saying for sure that someone should pay. Who decides where it stops?
cone
AG
but Luhnow was the scalp that the league demanded

glad Crane was nice enough to give them what they wanted
JJxvi
AG
Players do dumb things, and punishing them is not really realistic. I would have 100% been on board with say jettisoning someone like Beltran that was at the heart of the whole thing though. It was Hinch's responsibility to make sure something like that doesnt happen among the playing staff, as much as it is getting results, managing the chemistry, and everything else. He is the member of the organization responsible for the players, and for running everything in the clubhouse, dugout, and field during games where this happened.

Hinch will likely get a pass, and has been getting one from what I've seen, because he was amazing at the rest of the job and was very likeable. Doesnt change the fact that really most of the blame within the management staff of the organization should be on him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I have a confession to make: My lack of oversight cost us Game 1 last night.

Last August, I went to see the Astros play the Angels at MMP and bought each of my daughters a stuffed animal with an Astros' theme. One, a monkey named Apollo wearing an orange flight suit, the other a bear with an Astros' shirt on, who we originally named Astro Bear.

Every day last week when my daughter got home from school, Astro Bear came out to the living room and we beat those dirty Communist A's. The one day she took Astro Bear back to the playroom, we lost.

Last night, she and Astro Bear were in bed by the 4th or 5th inning. Around 11 p.m. she had a coughing fit so I went in to check on her. Astro Bear's shirt had been removed and some *********MERMAID was wearing it.

She had taken it off Astro Bear to play dress up. I hadn't checked on Astro Bear. The luck ran out. We put Asto Bear's shirt back on before she went back to bed. I just hope the damage can be undone.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

If I were Crane I would have kept Luhnow,
Keep the guy that lied to you? That was never going to happen.
spadilly
S
redline248
AG
that's a man's link
n_touch
Not sure what you are trying to say, but your saying a whole lot of it
First Page Last Page
Page 707 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.