****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,625,534 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is the worst zone ever
Harry Dunne
Ump sucks kack.

Inconsistent. Both sides have the right to be angry. It's time for robo umps - I'm tired of this garbage.
Mathguy64
AG
Both teams are visibly hacked at Blue. He calls a strike 6 inches off the plate pissing off the batter and then he calls the next one a ball pudding off the pitcher who got the bad call in his favor in the first place.

Dude, here's a hint. Call it right and no one is mad at you.
Mathguy64
AG
At least their manager was awake enough to complain and get tossed.
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, that's an odd tweet by him to say with such certainty the it's Reddick's last game here. I mean, again, the writing is on the wall, but still.
Harry Dunne
I have umped pony league and even with their much lesser velocity and movement it's a challenge. I don't doubt these guys are doing the best job they can, but with the 102 mph 2500 rpm pitches it's time for some help.

I know the last thing we need is something to slow the game down even more, but a challenge system would be interesting. Maybe 1 challenge per AB? They'd have to find a way to speed the game up to compensate though. Maybe a pitch clock.
tjack16
AG
At least we aren't the only team that can't take advantage of men in scoring position and 0 outs
Mathguy64
AG
I did it for three seasons while my son played. It's not easy. But these are supposed to be pros and the best there are. Some of them are missing their zone badly. Borderline is one thing but this dude is 6-8 inches off at least. He's not close. The 2B guy can see it and should be talking to him really quickly the first inning or so to tell him he's got no clue where his edge is. Of course that will never happen.
Harry Dunne
Reddick's last home game should have been during the A's series at the end of August. He was hitting .280 with an .800 OPS. We could have gotten a solid minor leaguer for him.

Even if it's an extreme long shot you can't give up on the postseason, but Reddick has always been trash in the playoffs anyway and you might as well give those ABs to someone who is going to be with the organization in the future.

I think everyone tiptoed around JV's pipe dream comeback, but it is obvious now that those in the know knew he wasn't going to come back.

tjack16
AG
2 run deficit feels like 8 with this offense
dshedd41
S
STRAW!
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
Altuve and Tucker have a few hits in their bats today. We will score just enough runs and that Straw catch is going to end up being big.
tjack16
AG
Crazy stat of the day ...

Kole Calhoun has more homeruns (15) this season than Bregman, Correa and Yuli combined (14)

I hate that guy.
Beat40
Our offense is definitely the "get right" offense for opposing pitchers.

And as I say that, Correa just can't hit it 1 foot to the left.
Harry Dunne
That's some isht luck right there.
Ag_07
AG
Then I wanna know why in the fck was the throwing 75 pitch simulated games to batters just last week.

Did he even throw those simulated games or was that just BS?
dshedd41
S
SPRINGER DINGER!
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
That was bad ass

Mathguy64
AG
Springer LL Dinger.
Mathguy64
AG
Don't get cheap Crane. Do not do it.
tjack16
AG
I am hopeful this is not Springer's last game is in Astro at minute maid Park But if it is that is an awesome homerun to potentially end it on
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Then I wanna know why in the fck was the throwing 75 pitch simulated games to batters just last week.

Did he even throw those simulated games or was that just BS?
I'm sure he did. Any Frank Jobes in the house please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it pretty common for guys to try to come back and get shut down when they get to game speed or shortly thereafter and then go ahead and have the surgery?

If he was 25 and pitching for the 5th place Tigers I'm sure he would have already done it. I think he's got the heart of a lion and if there was a 2% chance for him to come back and help the team he wanted to go for it.
Big Al 1992
AG
So Aj could be in Detroit with JV joining him in 2022 to finish his career as a Tiger...
6-4-3
AG
Offense is stinky diaper.
tjack16
AG
Slider Away said:

If you're a pitcher and need to lower your ERA, we are the team for you to face!
htxag09
AG
tjack16 said:

Slider Away said:

If you're a pitcher and need to lower your ERA, we are the team for you to face!

And I've got the perfect umpire to pair with it
tjack16
AG
Hoping this isn't George's last at bat as an Astro at MMP
tjack16
AG
PAY THAT MAN!!!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Atta boy George

I hope they resign him
Mathguy64
AG
Pay dat man his money.
SA-AG72
AG
Springer carrying the offense.
Mathguy64
AG
This zone is so bad. If we lose The last batter and Dusty need to go ape**** all over this guy. I mean Earl Weaver/Tommy Lasorda/Billy Martin lose your **** kicking dirt everywhere and throw the bats out of the bat rack kind of ape*****
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
George doing George things, Rondon doing Rondont things.
tjack16
AG
George would be on pace for 45 HR and 100 RBI in a 162 game season
First Page Last Page
Page 512 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.