****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,499 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

Freaking walks...

And we're dead last in walks.

Throw some ****ing strikes.

Strom needs to get in these young guys ears and tell them to throw strikes and let your freaking elite level defense do it's job.

And James has been along around enough to know this. Do it.
Ag_07
AG
So the rookie in his first start above A ball nuts up and does his job to qualify for a win but James comes in and can't get a fckn out.

Throw. GD. Strikes.
Harry Dunne
Dusty is not a good manager.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

So the rookie in his first start above A ball nuts up and does his job to qualify for a win but James comes in and can't get a fckn out.

Throw. GD. Strikes.

Rookie looked good doing the hokey pokey. I think he only gave up one hit.
Beat40
Ags #1 said:

Why the **** does dusty ever use sneed or james in a tight game????

In my opinion, it's not about sneed or James in a tight game. It's about taking a guy out of a game who is warm and has gotten two outs relatively easily to bring in a guy for a left/left match up, who prior to this year, hasn't been super great.

Then, to try to save the bullpen, roll him back out there in the next inning after letting his arm get cold.

I think that's the most frustrating part for me so far this year. Bring a pitcher in to get the 3rd out, then let his arm get cold while the offense bats and have him go back out there to start the next inning.
iamtheglove
Meanwhile Atlanta beats the Marlins 29 to 9
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

W
AG
the FBI needs to check Dusty's phone after the game
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

txaggie02 said:

At the pro level, you gotta make that catch

He did the hard part. He cover all that ground (Brantley or Reddick wouldn't have been there). He timed the slide.
It would have bounced 5 feet in front of Brantley as he strolled up to it, but Brantley wouldn't have ufcking Ronaldoed it onto the dirt.
Beat40
Giving up the lead and then first pitch swinging at trash from Geroge.
Mathguy64
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Understatement of the season.
Beat40
That freaking call gets made but Josh's 2-1 ball doesn't....
Mathguy64
AG
That's a horrible strike call. Maybe the worst of the night and that's saying something.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

txaggie02 said:

At the pro level, you gotta make that catch

He did the hard part. He cover all that ground (Brantley or Reddick wouldn't have been there). He timed the slide.
It would have bounced 5 feet in front of Brantley as he strolled up to it, but Brantley wouldn't have ufcking Ronaldoed it onto the dirt.

Pretty much
Beat40
Glad our 1-2 hitters came in and worked the pitcher.
W
AG
good news though...

Seattle is back to being terrible. Down 7-0 to the Giants
old ag 2003
AG
And of course pitching is solid, so that means only 3 guys can get a hit.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

They'll probably be a new pitcher next inning. We don't exactly need to run his count up if we see the pitch we want.
Beat40
Also, Alex in to close the game out - probably could have used his other 2 ABs this game.
falcon09
AG
I don't watch every game, but I watch quite a bit, and this is probably the most one sided strike zone I can remember seeing.

**** this guy
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

They'll probably be a new pitcher next inning. We don't exactly need to run his count up if we see the pitch we want.

Don't disagree, but breaking ball down and away for George probably wasn't the pitch.

You still have to work him a little bit to try for a better pitch at that point.
Harry Dunne
I don't understand why (according to Blum) guy 6'4" would slow down at a younger age at SS than a guy 6' tall. Its not like he's Yao Ming.
Farmer1906
AG
Big framed guys are more likely to bulk? Idk
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

I don't understand why (according to Blum) guy 6'4" would slow down at a younger age at SS than a guy 6' tall. Its not like he's Yao Ming.

I dunno, but plenty of tall SS have transitioned to 3B in their career. It's not uncommon. Probably more wear and tear on their bodies.
Farmer1906
AG
Another nice inning by Parades.

Do we save Pressly for a lead? Can we bring Parades back?
Beat40
Paredes is fun to watch!

Hopefully we can score here and get a win for him.
Mathguy64
AG
And now that Dusty has burned Scrubb, Perez, and now Paredes To cover for James we are staring at the possibility of extra innings with only Pressly left. I figure Raley is out after the work yesterday.

This is Dusty's problem. He burns pen arms swapping lefty righty when he needs to let them finish the inning.
Ag_07
AG
I mean a guy at 6'4" typically doesn't have the range, flexibility, and quickness as a smaller guy.

It makes sense

Prior to this year I was fully convinced Correa needed to seriously consider moving to 3B due to his injuries. Make it easier on his body.
Harry Dunne
Beat40 said:

Harry Dunne said:

I dunno, but plenty of tall SS have transitioned to 3B in their career. It's not uncommon. Probably more wear and tear on their bodies.
Sure, and plenty of 3b and OF have transitioned to 1b. You slow down when you get older...but you don't slow down faster because you are 4" taller, do you?
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Some even have done it even though they were still the best SS on the team (looking at you Arod/Jeter).

Carlos looks so good out there. I imagine it'll be a long long long time before we considers that.
Ag_07
AG
I think the problem is that Dusty is too old school in that he doesn't like his setup guy (Paredes) and closer (Pressley) in any other spot but the 8th and 9th.

He doesn't understand that the highest leverage situation isn't always the latest.
Farmer1906
AG
There is our answer. Let's score some damn runs. I don't want to be walked off on.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

I mean a guy at 6'4" typically doesn't have the range, flexibility, and quickness as a smaller guy.

It makes sense

Prior to this year I was fully convinced Correa needed to seriously consider moving to 3B due to his injuries. Make it easier on his body.
Yes that's true for it to be more rare for taller guys, but if you do have those qualities at that height (like Carlos or Jeter or Ripken or Steve Nash or Russ etc), I don't think you lose them faster just bc you're a little bit taller.
Harry Dunne
We need to score 2 runs here.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Some even have done it even though they were still the best SS on the team (looking at you Arod/Jeter).

Carlos looks so good out there. I imagine it'll be a long long long time before we considers that.

I agree with you. I even was on the switch him and Bregman train to preserve his body. At this point, let him go until he's no longer effective. And honestly, as long as he hits, Jeter has shown it doesn't really matter your range as long as you stay healthy, hit, and make a few dazzling plays.
First Page Last Page
Page 468 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.