****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,398 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
enter Pressly
Ag_07
AG
A nice clean outing for Press would be nice here
W
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Man springer and Altuve have been bad this year. They need to get going before the playoffs to for the real to go very far.
and/or Dusty has a major lineup decision to make.

can't have .200 hitters in the #1 and #2 spots
cap-n-jack
Maldy was quick there.
Big Al 1992
AG
Good win after the slop from last night.
W
AG
win #20
Mathguy64
AG
Man these have been rough games. Lucky to be 1-1.
Cromagnum
AG
Again.

agproducer
AG
Nice win. The middle innings were disappointing. They need to get back to working pitch counts.
cap-n-jack
Kind of an uninspired win but a win nonetheless.
?quality=85&strip=info&w=400
Cromagnum
AG
We need 11 tomorrow and Rangers get blanked out for my 3 game prediction to hold.
Ag_07
AG
Win is a win but I wouldn't call that a good win.

This is the hapless mailed it in already Rangers and we're working out wins against a no name crap pitcher who shut us down.
WES2006AG
AG
Nice bounce back after looking like a below average 9U team last night.
Deluxe
AG
Rays must have cheated again cuz the Yankees lost tonight
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Win is a win but I wouldn't call that a good win.

This is the hapless mailed it in already Rangers and we're working out wins against a no name crap pitcher who shut us down.
Our staff with gave up 1 run, 3 hits, and 2 base on balls. 23 of those outs came from rookies. That is down right impressive.
bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe said:

Rays must have cheated again cuz the Yankees lost tonight

Speaking of that game... Yankees really threw at the Rays again...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mathguy64
AG
So the day that their manager gets suspended for this behavior and their closer gets 3 games for it they come back and do it again. To the same guy. Their coaching staff needs a stronger message sent. One game clearly didn't do it.
Ag_07
AG
Can't argue with you there.

But are you alright with the performance of the offense tonight?

Sure you'll throw out some xBA stats and tell us it was just some bad luck but that was awfully putrid offense.
Farmer1906
AG
Sorry advanced #s hurt your feelings? We have a xBA tonight of around .175 last I checked. It was terrible. As bad as it was, our pitching was elite. We'll win 130 games next year if they do it every game next year.
tjack16
AG
Astros win and rockets win. Not a bad day for Houston sports
Big Al 1992
AG
After 35 games , Astros and Yankees have same record.
And don't see much room for the 8 playoff teams changing. Seedings will be interesting and could change quite a bit between those 8 that are most likely in. I'll take it.
astros4545
AG
The run differential in the standings show things are just how they should be
Deluxe
AG
astros4545 said:

Seems like the top 8 in the AL are separating themselves. Wonder what the first round matchups would be if season ended today.
Mathguy64
AG
Deluxe said:

astros4545 said:

Seems like the top 8 in the AL are separating themselves. Wonder what the first round matchups would be if season ended today.
Seed 1-8, Division winners 1,2,3 then second place teqams 4,5,6 then the next best two records 7,8.

Tie breakers are 1. Head to head, 2 Intradivision records, 3. last 20 games in the Division.

The wild card best of three is played at the home site of the better team so seeing 1-4 is a big deal as home records seem inflated this year.

Right now its:
1. TB
2. CLE
3. OAK
4. CWS ( by 0.5 games over MIN)
5. HOU (13-7 Intradivision)
6 .NYY (11-8 intradivision and they mostly got to 11 by playing boston winning all 7 played and they only have 3 more with them)
7. MIN
8 TOR
Deluxe
AG
Thanks for posting that. Looks like a pretty big logjam right now for seeding among the five AL "wild cards" (ie non division winners). And it would be a big advantage to be the best among those five for first round home field.

Hopefully we can come back and win the division. But if not, it will be worth it to track our place among the wild card contenders closely as the season winds down.
Big Al 1992
AG
I don't know anything about White Sox this year - how would we match up if we end up playing a 3 game series w them?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I know thyre killing the ball lately and hitting tons of HR..thats very streaky though.

Do we think there is a possibility the yanks fall lower if GC keeps spiraling and their injuries dont get back soon
Marvin
AG
Springer and Altuve are approaching 300 combined plate appearances, and have largely contributed nothing to this season. I guess it doesn't really matter- there are no alternatives in the organization, so keep penciling them in and pray for something different to happen.
R-Dog
AG
If you can't move up to the 4 and get home field in the first series, dropping to the 6 might not be the end of the world. You trade CWS for OAK in the first round but you avoid TB in the division series assuming you advance.
BMX Bandit
Marvin said:

Springer and Altuve are approaching 300 combined plate appearances, and have largely contributed nothing to this season. I guess it doesn't really matter- there are no alternatives in the organization, so keep penciling them in and pray for something different to happen.

But even if we had an alternative in Corpus, neither of those guys would get benched.
Deluxe
AG
Springer's FA market this winter is going to be so interesting.

Sitting here today, I can see him stumbling to the finish line this year, over playing his hand in the market and having to settle on a 4/$80mm deal to stay. I can also see him finishing super hot and getting some team (probably not us) to give him 5/$140mm.
Beat40
I'm not worried about Altuve as much as some of you are.

He's hitting .313 over the last 7 days and .310 over the last 14.

Over the last 14 days, OBP is at .370 and slugging at .381.

He's trending in the right direction.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Gotta disagree with you here, at least on Springer.

Springer has a higher on base% than Yuli or Kyle. His wRC+ is 103 which means he's #% above average this year.

Here is his Avg & Slg

Here is his expected Avg & Slg

Georgie will be just fine. We all know how streaky he can be.

Altuve... I don't know what to tell yeah. He's an 8-year vet and played at a very good to elite level for most of those years. You gotta stick with him even if you have a prospect you think is an average big leaguer.

Altuve has shown just a small improvement over the last 16 games. He's not drawing walks or hitting for power, but its almost serviceable.
.274 Avg
.318 Obp
.323 Slg
.641 Ops

Edit: my window going back is too big. It's better @ 12 games.

.319 Aug
.373 Obp
.383 Slg
.756 Ops
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Springer's FA market this winter is going to be so interesting.

Sitting here today, I can see him stumbling to the finish line this year, over playing his hand in the market and having to settle on a 4/$80mm deal to stay. I can also see him finishing super hot and getting some team (probably not us) to give him 5/$140mm.
Here are the top active contracts for OFs who signed at 31.

Regardless of the finish, I think it's going to be close to these top 2.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
First Page Last Page
Page 430 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.