****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,652,612 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice game tonight! It feels like we haven't won our share of the ones that go like this that often this season. I like starting a trend of them. I guess the bullpen is key to that.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
cap-n-jack
TarponChaser
redline248 said:

It occurs to me as Yordan is hustling down the line on that roller that Myles Straw hits too many balls in the air

He may run like Mays but he hits like *****
gif
lunchbox
Harry Dunne
linkdude said:

I mean, Yelich has been a late bloomer as a superstar, but his floor was higher than Tucker's seems to be.
First of all like I have said many times, I hope I'm wrong about Tucker. I am so glad I was wrong about Yuli and I love watching him play...

There are really only two reasons you could think Tucker is going to be any good:

1. His minor-league numbers
2. Some expert's opinion.

Because I refuse to believe that anyone thinks he's going to be a star based on watching him play Major League Baseball. I eagerly watched him play @ Corpus and immediately I thought "man I'm glad I'm not a GM, because he looks terrible to me". He looks like he has never lifted a weight, he's got a slow bat, and he doesn't move with urgency.

Unfortunately all the other organization guys that have recently put up monster numbers in AAA and floundered in the majors do not inspire confidence.

Many superstars have had equally slow career starts and he is still very young. Hopefully he just needs time and more reps. Hopefully if not the next Yelich he can at the very least be an every day major league player.
agdaddy04
AG
lunchbox said:

I didn't figure it'd be Dusty doing it on his own.
Farmer1906
AG
You keep saying he has a slow bat. His bat speed is above average.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

redline248 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Marvin said:

Does anyone miss Or foul off more meatball pitches than Tucker? He is just awful.
But his BABIP!!! But his exit velocity!!! But everyone said he was the Yelich 2.0!!!
Do we need to bring up Yuli v Tyler White?
I took plenty of isht for that and I was wrong and I admitted it.

I just want for all you Tuckerlovers to do the same.

I think he's talking to you, Jeff.

k20dub
AG
linkdude
AG
Lol A's just hit a 3 run homer with 2 outs, 2 strikes in the 9th to take a one run lead. Can't write the script any better. Hmm wonder if they're stealing signs...
cap-n-jack
Nice club but this won't last.
Frok
AG
Dan Shedd said:

They should cardboard this girl and place it in one of the empty sections
Big Al 1992
AG
.500 with 1/3 of the season down. 4.5 games out of first and tied w Rangers for 2nd place playoff spot. Not how I saw this unfolding but hoping the worst is over and we rake for the next 40 games.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
k20dub said:

I think we can all agree on who it was NOT.

Farmer1906
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

.500 with 1/3 of the season down. 4.5 games out of first and tied w Rangers for 2nd place playoff spot. Not how I saw this unfolding but hoping the worst is over and we rake for the next 40 games.
Just go 12-8 and 13-7 over the next 2 thirds and we'll probably win the division.
DVC2010
AG
lunchbox said:

Altuve reads TexAgs!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Brantley to the IL
MosesHallRAB04
AG
linkdude said:

Lol A's just hit a 3 run homer with 2 outs, 2 strikes in the 9th to take a one run lead. Can't write the script any better. Hmm wonder if they're stealing signs...

It would be the most As thing ever to cruise to a division title and lose in the first round.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Just go 12-8 and 13-7 over the next 2 thirds and we'll probably win the division.

I think that will be tough .... I think just going over .500 the rest of the way and beating the rangers 7/10 at least gets us the 2nd spot. We just need to avoid the 7 or 8 seed and we can beat any of the other teams at this point besides the Yankees at full strength and the A's
Farmer1906
AG
Tough? Sure, but we're good.
W
AG
anyone know what the tiebreaker is for the 8th playoff spot?

at the moment the Astros and Tigers would be tied for it
linkdude
AG
I think it's division record, after h2h which wouldn't apply.
redline248
AG
Harry Dunne said:

redline248 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Marvin said:

Does anyone miss Or foul off more meatball pitches than Tucker? He is just awful.
But his BABIP!!! But his exit velocity!!! But everyone said he was the Yelich 2.0!!!
Do we need to bring up Yuli v Tyler White?
I took plenty of isht for that and I was wrong and I admitted it.

I just want for all you Tuckerlovers to do the same.
I wonder if you can find a post that identifies me as a Tucker lover
W
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

I think that will be tough .... I think just going over .500 the rest of the way and beating the rangers 7/10 at least gets us the 2nd spot. We just need to avoid the 7 or 8 seed and we can beat any of the other teams at this point besides the Yankees at full strength and the A's
on the flipside...the Yankees or A's will swallow hard when they see the bracket...and the Astros are their best-of-3 opponent. An opponent with a championship pedigree and numerous proven playoff performers.

especially when they could have drawn the likes of the Indians, White Sox, Orioles, or Rangers in the opening round
Beat40
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Brantley to the IL

F'n Joe Kelly!
BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit
I don't see the Astros slipping past four-five seed. To me, first round match up with division winner seems very unlikely
Deluxe
AG
Nice to see Bregman and Yuli sporting .900+ OPS again
W
AG
Astros quietly up to #6 in MLB in team ERA.

4th in the AL behind the Indians, Twins, and A's
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

You keep saying he has a slow bat. His bat speed is above average.
I had to go look at the numbers because I didn't believe you, but you're right. Unfortunately that gangly swing makes his bat slow to the ball and obviously the results aren't there.

The shifts hurt him - he hits a ton of ground balls right into the it. Blummer made a great observation the other night about why he's better hitting lefties right now - bc he's so much better when he extends and lefties have a hard time getting it inside on him. I'm not a hitting coach, but maybe he needs to stand back off the plate like Altuve?

I actually do think he will be a good major leaguer, I just enjoy getting a little "Tucker Sucks" payback on Farmer, who was such a dick about Tyler white last year. He reminds me a lot of Paul O'Neill, who I liked as a kid. I heard that comparison made (again maybe Blum) when Tucker in the minors and PO was also a gangly left late bloomer and I hope that comparison will hold true in the long run.
3B Paul 97
AG
I think the Astros are in a good spot now. Able to stay at .500 through a third of the season with key injuries, a pitching staff loaded with rookies and 3 of the top hitters struggling to get/stay above .200. Dusty now has a better idea of when to use the pitchers, guys are getting healthy, the top guys are due to get hot and Yordon is back in the middle of the lineup.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
I like it.

I'd flip Yuli and Correa but that's about as good as it can be with Altuve going down.
First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.