****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,652,124 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I imagine Dusty is looking at how Yordan looked as he rounded 3rd and getting to home plate. I can see where he might look like it's a little ginger.

Cromagnum
AG
This same moron also said JV was out all season.
bluefire579
AG
Beat40 said:

Astros offense averaging 11 runs in games Yordan has played in this year.
The hard hitting stats I follow baseball to hear
bluefire579
AG
Scanned through the last few pages and didn't see this, but only confirms what we expected:

Farmer1906
AG

Expected stats check in. Who's over and under preforming their contact.

My takeaways
The younger guys will not stay as bad as they are if they keep up what they're doing. Not great, but not sub 200 BA bad.

Josh's hot start aint a fluke.

Altuve has had a little bad luck, but that's is not why he's sucking.

If I am buying stock in a hot streak, I am buying Springer .

Correa and Uncle Mike should come back down to earth somewhat. Brantley already has been.
redline248
AG
htxag09 said:

redline248 said:

agdaddy04 said:

And I guess Dusty is still a genius for having Reddick in the number 2 spot
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Josh hit 2nd that first game out of necessity when Springer was out and Tucker was failing. He had a good game and Dusty decided to roll with it. I'll give him a little credit for keeping him there tonight, with Springer back...but what will he do tomorrow when Brantley is back?

Catching up on the thread. Man, this is hilarious to me, had to bump it. Regardless of what we think of dusty (I don't like the hire either), he's a Major League Baseball coach with years of experience. Somehow, when he makes a decision that you don't agree with and it goes right, he's lucky? C'mon now.
I never said I didn't agree with putting Reddick 2nd, I'm saying Dusty was almost forced to do it bc Springer was out and Tucker was not producing as leadoff. Managers make decisions and then hope they work out. So, yes, Dusty - and the Astros - were lucky that Reddick has been on a tear as the 2 hole batter. No one would have predicted it.

Again, let's see what the lineup looks like tonight with Brantley back in there.
gougler08
AG
bluefire579 said:

Scanned through the last few pages and didn't see this, but only confirms what we expected:

So he had a few headaches and yet it's still taken him weeks to prepare for joining the big club? This makes it even more of a head scratcher as I could at least understand if he had a bad case of it
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Mathguy64
AG
What in the holy hell? Is Click drunk? Are we tanking the season on purpose?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I wouldn't trust Biagini to get outs against a little league team. Have mercy on astros fans and DFA this guy, please.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I wouldn't trust Biagini to get outs against a little league team. Have mercy on astros fans and DFA this guy, please.
Oh me either. I was just playing along with your post.
Marvin
AG
That's a terrible decision.
linkdude
AG
I think y'all are overrating the relative importance of Bailey and Biagini. Neither should be getting leverage innings.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Oh me either. I was just playing along with your post.
I know, no hard feelings, I was continuing to pile on.
agproducer
AG
Maybe the move has to do with options? Biagini likely had few options left, so he had to come back to the big league club.
Farmer1906
AG

I 100% picture him with a **** eating grin while typing this.
redline248
AG
linkdude said:

I think y'all are overrating the relative importance of Bailey and Biagini. Neither should be getting leverage innings.
Bailey has actually looked decent in his few spots. Of course, Biagini has only pitched (a pretty lousy) 2/3, and is a vet, but he has never been very inspiring. He had, I think, one good outing in his debut with Houston last year.

Also, don't bet on Dusty to not bring him in a close game with runners on base.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Oh great, the stand up act has returned
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

linkdude said:

Bailey has actually looked decent in his few spots. Of course, Biagini has only pitched (a pretty lousy) 2/3, and is a vet, but he has never been very inspiring. He had, I think, one good outing in his debut with Houston last year.

We already have enough guys in our bullpen (James / Sneed) we can't trust for that, we don't need another one.
Ag_07
AG
Feel bad for Bailey who did enough to earn and keep his spot only to lose out a guy who's looked worse than him but is a vet.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Oh great, the stand up act has returned

Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

linkdude said:

Bailey is a prospect we specifically targeted because of how he can spin it. He's done well in the minors and with the opportunities in this years bullpen he should get a shot at low leverage situations with the opportunity to get medium and high leverage. It's not like Scrubb, Paredes, or Taylor can't fall off the map.

Biagini has been in the bigs for over 200 appearances and hasn't been all that good. We know we're getting a below average arm in him so why should he be up over Bailey?
redline248
AG
I can't tell if farmer and east coast are arguing with me or agreeing

In case my post wasn't clear, I don't want Biagini
Mathguy64
AG
Dusty favors Vets over rookies. It's been his MO. He's had to live with the rookies this year but I think he would rather not have them.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

I can't tell if farmer and east coast are arguing with me or agreeing

In case my post wasn't clear, I don't want Biagini

linkdude
AG
I would honestly rather see Bailey too, I feel like it's a bit of spreading innings out, giving vets a chance to prove themselves. Eventually Devo will be coming back, maybe he bumps off Biagini. I feel like they will stick with Paredes, Taylor and Scrubb (hopefully Raley too if he can keep it up).
redline248
AG
Waste of time to use texags upload feature. Doesn't work very well
Texaggie7nine
Mathguy64
AG
https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/michael-brantley-quad-injury

Brantley could be headed to the IL.
bearkatag15
AG
Altuve moves down to 7th
BCSGrubber
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Altuve moves down to 7th

Interesting that is different than the mlb notification earlier

Farmer1906
AG
Josh Reddick is batting ahead of Bregman, Alvarez, Correa, Yuli, & Altuve.

What a world we live in.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What a world we live in.

Just like I've been predicting since last year
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

What a world we live in.

Just like I've been predicting since last year

You never wavered in your love of all things Joshua Spider-Man Reddick no matter what the TED dorks said.
First Page Last Page
Page 301 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.