****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,038 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crazy season

Mathguy64
AG
That needs to be on the Cards board. Along with things like this.

NL Central Standings
Sonny Gray 3-1
St Louis Cards 2-3, 1.5 Games behind

Or
Charlie Blackmon 18 runs scored
St. Louis Cards 18 runs scored.

It's a joke and Manfred is too timid to admit the truth.
htxag09
AG
Seem to anyone else like our defense is sightly out of position?

How many ground balls found their way through the infield last night? Then add in all the ones our guys got to but had to run so far they were off balance and made asinine throws to first.
bearkatag15
AG

you hate to see it
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

you hate to see it
Other things you hate to see:

Cody Bellinger hitting .167
Max Muncy hitting .186
Christian Yelich hitting .164

Per idiot MLB fan logic, that must mean they were cheating last year.
W
AG
oh, the Astros are about to see a lot of Charlie Blackmon in the next week
W
AG
tjack16 said:

What is everybody's updated season record predictions?

Mine was 39-21 before the season. I've moved that to 31-29
I'll say 30-30.

blowing saves and games to the Giants and D-Backs is going to prove very costly. Those are the easy teams on the schedule.

this upcoming stretch vs. the Rockies and Padres will be tough.

the Astros are going to have to dominate the 10 games vs. the Rangers to have any chance of finishing over .500 for the season
W
AG
rookie ump behind the plate tonight...calling his first MLB game.

with Greinke on the mound
Ag_07
AG
I don't think Tucker would've done anything but rollover to the right side with another chance but that strike 3 call last night to end the game was egregiously bad.
Bregxit
AG
tjack16 said:

25-35
tjack16
AG
Bregxit said:

tjack16 said:

25-35

That would be a disaster of a season
Mathguy64
AG
27-33. There are a lot of things very wrong with this team right now. Some physical, some mental and some just plain structural. I don't see the mental or structural being fixed in the next month.
tjack16
AG
I think we go 4-2 the rest of this honestand, and then play just over .500 ball the rest of the way
agdaddy04
AG
I think we all knew that Dusty was a poor hire but at least could handle himself in a press conference with the cheating questions better than a rookie manager. He's just such a different manager than Hinch that the players don't seem to respond to what he's trying to do. I'm also not seeing much in Click, but I guess Luhnow spoiled us for so many years.
Ag_07
AG
I'm withholding judgement on Click

I think his hands were pretty tied up this past off season with the uncertainty of playing and revenue and all that mess.

But this off season it's game on for him. He's obviously going to have some work to do and holes to fill.
bearkatag15
AG
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

I know I'm chomping at the bit to get him back.
Mathguy64
AG
Well dusty, I got news for you. There is this thing called a " designated hitter" who doesn't play in the field. And it's in every game. And my man Yordan should be penciled in that spot every freaking game.

bearkatag15
AG

Dusty might be on to something with Reddick...

tjack16
AG
Correa finally not hitting 6th
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Well dusty, I got news for you. There is this thing called a " designated hitter" who doesn't play in the field. And it's in every game. And my man Yordan should be penciled in that spot every freaking game.

tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mathguy64 said:

If dusty doesn't use Yordan everyday as DH or at least 9 games out of 10... Then he really is a horrible manager.
tjack16
AG
W
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm withholding judgement on Click

I think his hands were pretty tied up this past off season with the uncertainty of playing and revenue and all that mess.

But this off season it's game on for him. He's obviously going to have some work to do and holes to fill.
it's going to be really interesting how Click handles the 4 big free agents.

Springer, Brantley, Reddick, and Yuli.

as there will have to be simultaneous negotiations taking place
Ag_07
AG
On top of how he plans on addressing our BP

Like I said it's game on for him
W
AG
and this week in the opposing dugout there is a cautionary tale about giving big money to players over 30.

Evan Longoria.

really fell off after his age 30 season. Lost his power and lost his average.

been a .723 OPS guy with the Giants. And still owed $19 MM in 2021 and another $19 MM in 2022 (age 36)
bearkatag15
AG

Tread water until the playoffs... then who knows... we may **** around and still make it to the World Series
W
AG
same story with Brandon Belt.

his best years were ages 27, 28, and 29. Peaked with an .868 OPS in 2016.

but at age 31 last year, he was down to a .742 OPS and is struggling mightily in 2020.

one more year left on his contract for $17 MM in 2021 (age 33)

Deluxe
AG
If we get some pitchers back and the bullpen tightens up, I think we have a big hot streak in us later this year and we go 35-25. If what we've seen from our bullpen so far this year is the norm, I'd say 30-30.
redline248
AG
What free agent bullpen arms will be available in the off season?
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Tread water until the playoffs... then who knows... we may **** around and still make it to the World Series
Mark Berman reported Osuna's initial diagnosis was he needed TJ surgery again but that he is seeking a second opinion. One would think if that status had changed for the better the news would already be out. Osuna isn't coming back this year, or next probably.
Farmer1906
AG
33-27 seems reasonable. That means we play around 61%(99 win pace normally) the rest of the year. It's very unlikely we're going to continue to lose close games like we are. We're 1-5 in 1 run games and 1-4 in extra-inning games. We have some reinforcements coming and guys will get out of their funk.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't think Tucker would've done anything but rollover to the right side with another chance but that strike 3 call last night to end the game was egregiously bad.

You probably thought he'd do the same in his other ABs too but he ended up with 2 hits and the farthest hit ball of the night.
07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

that's what i've been thinking/saying. goal 1 make playoffs, 2 be as healthy as possible at that time 3, know who you can trust in the bullpen
https://ts.la/eric59704
redline248
AG
Glad to see Springer back in action. The regular stars will have to do some heavy lifting tonight
First Page Last Page
Page 281 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.