ALCS Boston Perspective

6,187 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by byfLuger41
Sapper Redux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So the Astros thread is 'Stros fans only. Thought I'd see if there are any Red Sox fans who want to talk about the ALCS.

Pitching is the Achilles heel, but the offense showed some life last night. The layout of MMP isn't too dissimilar from Fenway: short left field, very deep center field, and a deeper right field with a few odd angles. We'll see what happens, but I'm sticking by a prediction of the Sox in 7.
Farmer1906
AG
Maybe try

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2985378
shiphunt
AG
Been lurking in the Astros thread since game 4 of the Sox LDS... Stros fans are a lot more confident than the typical Sox fan right now. That said, I actually really like our chances tomorrow with Eovaldi on the mound.

The bullpen has been better than I expected besides Workman and Kimbrel. Need JD to get hot and Mook to stay hot if we have any chance of taking it back to Fenway IMO.
Sapper Redux
shiphunt said:

Been lurking in the Astros thread since game 4 of the Sox LDS... Stros fans are a lot more confident than the typical Sox fan right now. That said, I actually really like our chances tomorrow with Eovaldi on the mound.

The bullpen has been better than I expected besides Workman and Kimbrel. Need JD to get hot and Mook to stay hot if we have any chance of taking it back to Fenway IMO.

I'm very confused by Kimbrel. I'm not sure if it's just a use thing, that he needs to be out there most nights to get in a rhythm, or if he's just done. I wasn't a fan of using Porcello from the pen in the ALDS, but it's really worked. I guess that's why Cora's the manager and sit on a couch.

I'm more encouraged by the offense. They haven't been consistent, but they're taking what the Astros are giving. Definitely need JD to step up.
Philip J Fry
AG
Dr. Watson said:

So the Astros thread is 'Stros fans only. Thought I'd see if there are any Red Sox fans who want to talk about the ALCS.

diehard03
Quote:

I guess that's why Cora's the manager and sit on a couch.

You know some of these postseason moves are just to avoid being second guessed later, not really because they are the best move at the time.

I'm always leary about using starters out of the pen because they whine about being creatures of habit, and now you're going to purposely get them out of the habit.
Sapper Redux
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I guess that's why Cora's the manager and sit on a couch.

You know some of these postseason moves are just to avoid being second guessed later, not really because they are the best move at the time.

I'm always leary about using starters out of the pen because they whine about being creatures of habit, and now you're going to purposely get them out of the habit.

I generally agree, but it also looks like Porcello has some history as a reliever in the playoffs, so maybe it's not too big a deal for his routine.
ClickClack
AG
If by stros fans only you mean not being derogatory then yes.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
GO SOX!
Sapper Redux
Game 3 at 5 tonight!

Post removed:
by user
Sapper Redux
third coast.. said:

where have you been on the warren stuff on the PB sapper? i mean, shes your senator if you are in MA. It will be so great to watch her destroyed while the darling red sox get MASHED by the astros all week.

Done with the PB for the time being. Not worth the frustration to find snippets of a decent debate. And you're in a bubble of you think Warren has been "destroyed" by any of this. Meanwhile, we'll see how the baseball plays out.
Satellite of Love
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Satellite of Love
Seriously thought, are the Sox going to pitch the strike zone this game or just tickle around the rim?

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Sapper Redux
Satellite of Love said:

Seriously thought, are the Sox going to pitch the strike zone this game or just tickle around the rim?

Just the tip. Just to see how it feels.
Satellite of Love
Mmmmmmm

Sapper Redux
Why is Nunes playing?
Sapper Redux
third coast.. said:

thats rape brotha

Nolan Ryan abused the strike zone. Sox pitching has sought and been refused consent lately.
Sapper Redux
I love Papi so much

Sapper Redux
The Astros thread is fascinating tonight.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Those people are insufferable.
Silvertaps
AG
I'm a Rangers fan...but also RedSox fan by marriage (but own no Boston clothing ). My wife is from RI and moved down from Boston area June '17. Fun team to watch, especially during Yankee series.
Seven Costanza
AG
Can anyone think of a player that played as long as Alex Cora that was as bad as he was offensively? He played for 14 years as a non-hitting utility guy.
Sapper Redux
Seven Costanza said:

Can anyone think of a player that played as long as Alex Cora that was as bad as he was offensively? He played for 14 years as a non-hitting utility guy.

I feel like Omar Vizquel was really terrible, but Cora was awful at the plate.
Seven Costanza
AG
Vizquel was bad (at the plate, obviously), but he got on base at a pretty solid rate in the middle of his career and he stole a lot of bases. Cora was a zero offensively.
Sapper Redux
Seven Costanza said:

Vizquel was bad (at the plate, obviously), but he got on base at a pretty solid rate in the middle of his career and he stole a lot of bases. Cora was a zero offensively.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time finding anyone as consistently bad that played for as long. Joey Cora, maybe? But I think even he had a little more life at the plate.
William Larue Weller
AG
TayTrox
AG
Junkhead said:

Dr. Watson said:

All fan threads are insufferable.
diehard03
I like Bradley's line: 12 AB, 3H...and 9 RBIs.
Sapper Redux
Silvertaps said:

I'm a Rangers fan...but also RedSox fan by marriage (but own no Boston clothing ). My wife is from RI and moved down from Boston area June '17. Fun team to watch, especially during Yankee series.

RI girls
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Junkhead said:

Dr. Watson said:

Yeah, you'd be a real ball of fun if that happened to the Cubs.
Sapper Redux
Gramercy Riffs said:

Junkhead said:

Dr. Watson said:

Yeah, you'd be a real ball of fun if that happened to the Cubs.

Honestly, it was like watching a TexAgs meltdown from the outside.
KJN86
AG
Go Red Sox! I'm a huge fan since my family vacation in Boston in 2007. Got home from vacation and the Sox won the World Series.

I wasn't real excited about the matchup because good pitching beats good hitting most of the time. But the Red Sox have really roughed up the Astros relievers the last 3 games. As long as Sale makes it back, this series is over.

Good to see there is other Sox fans on this website.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.