Old Tweets

1,965 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JABQ04
bingram1230
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright this is getting old, the people who are bringing up old tweets of These MLB athletes are the worst!!! I'm not saying what they put online wasn't horrible or bad, but people can grow up and realize there mistakes. These people have some sort of agenda and it's not right. Whether it is to get clicks or to diminish the other person it's just a scummy thing to do.

W
AG
another way to look at it...

the more old tweets that are unearthed from more players...the less of a big deal it is
AG@RICE
AG
Or sometimes Karma is a b....

Teach your children not to do stupid stuff and they will be fine.Why take away the advantage of great parenting?

Ive said plenty of stupid stuff online (possibly even this post), but I've never gone off the boil and posted super offensive material. It's really not that hard. Even a 16 year old kid should know not to call people the n- word, or worse.
agproducer
AG
I agree with those who have made the points that 16-year-olds should know not to call folks the n-word, be racist, etc.

Social media amplifies it.

But, what is the point of unearthing tweets from 7+ years ago? IMO, it screams "look at me" from the person who decided to search through years of tweets to find something salacious.

Newcomb lost a no-hitter with two-outs in the 9th while doing his job, then had to answer questions about the tweets. The tweets were put out there by a Nats fan. So, Braves fans then dug up tweets from Trea Turner from years ago.

All of this sounds like it's just a vendetta against opposing teams. It's stupid.

Were the guys wrong for tweeting that stuff years ago? Yes. Should they scrub their accounts because they have matured? Yes. Teenagers say stupid ****, and many do not know the power of social media. Do they need to be held accountable for how they acted years ago? IMO, probably not. If they are still acting that way, then they should be held accountable.

I know I'm not the same person I was at 17 or 18.

To me, a lot of this situation boils down to people searching for something to be outraged about to further their SJW agendas.

Deluxe
AG
AG@RICE said:

Or sometimes Karma is a b....

Teach your children not to do stupid stuff and they will be fine.Why take away the advantage of great parenting?

Ive said plenty of stupid stuff online (possibly even this post), but I've never gone off the boil and posted super offensive material. It's really not that hard. Even a 16 year old kid should know not to call people the n- word, or worse.
Who called someone the n-word?
AG@RICE
AG
Josh Hader
JABQ04
AG
Who TF has time to be digging 7-10 years into someone's Twitter/Facebook history to bring this **** up. Jesus it's ****ing ridiculous.
mhayden
I'm not sure why people digging through twitter and the like to unearth, discredit and talk **** to other people comes as a surprise to so many people.

This isn't just a bunch of guys in their parent's basement with nothing better to do -- guys like Alex Bregman who have plenty of success and plenty of other things to occupy their time will get in all-out twitter battles with complete strangers.

Some people are just wired different.
Deluxe
AG
AG@RICE said:

Josh Hader
I don't see any tweets where he directly called someone the N-word. But if he did and I just missed it in my limited Google-ing, happy to be proven wrong.
AG@RICE
AG
Deluxe said:

AG@RICE said:

Josh Hader
I don't see any tweets where he directly called someone the N-word. But if he did and I just missed it in my limited Google-ing, happy to be proven wrong.

Here is the article I read: https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/07/20/josh-hader-apology-racist-homophobic-tweets-brewers

Quote:

The tweets included uses of a slur used to disparage African-Americans and one that simply said "KKK."

To be clear, I'm not advocating any hate for any of these guys. I don't really care what these guys tweet, I don't even have twitter. Rather, I'm advocating for parents to pay attention and make sure this doesn't happen to your kid. There wasn't twitter when I was a kid, but people would write stuff anonymously on walls or desks...my ass was too afraid of my father to try that crap.

If we sit around and complain about the whistle blower we miss the important lesson.
JABQ04
AG
Sonny Gray up next.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6132935-someone-just-uncovered-a-weird-racist-old-sonny-gray-tweet?view_source=leagues_page&view_medium=%5Bmlb%5D
Jackal99
Know Your Enemy
AG
So glad social media wasn't around when I was a kid.
JABQ04
AG
Junkhead said:

So glad social media wasn't around when I was a kid.

AMEN
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.