Team killer thread

4,512 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mhayden
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

mazag08 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Think we can add Odor on this thread...

Do we count the games where he flails around whiffing at everything? Or just the one game he isn't the worst 2nd basemen in the league?

Can we keep the trash talk out of this thread for the love of all that is holy? All I want to know about is other team killers. I think it's an interesting talking point.
I don't know about the team killer thread.

But if there is an MVP for thread killer team, I would like to make a 3 person nomination!
94chem
Wade Boggs career .356 against Detroit, OBP .441.

Elvis Andrus .372 BA against CLE, .980 OPS.
mhayden
Grapesoda2525 said:

Do pitchers count?

Roberto osuna has pitched over 20 innings against the rangers. Tons of strikeouts and has never given up a run against them

If by over 20 innings you mean 11...

by tons of strikeouts you mean about his average...

and by never given up a run you mean he has given up a run...

Then yeah.
Grapesoda2525
free_mhayden said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Do pitchers count?

Roberto osuna has pitched over 20 innings against the rangers. Tons of strikeouts and has never given up a run against them

If by over 20 innings you mean 11...

by tons of strikeouts you mean about his average...

and by never given up a run you mean he has given up a run...

Then yeah.
Include playoffs
mhayden
He's been dominant against Texas - but he's been dominant against a whole lot of teams.

And Texas got him for an ER in their last meeting.
Harry Dunne
agsquirrel97 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

mazag08 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Think we can add Odor on this thread...

Do we count the games where he flails around whiffing at everything? Or just the one game he isn't the worst 2nd basemen in the league?

Can we keep the trash talk out of this thread for the love of all that is holy? All I want to know about is other team killers. I think it's an interesting talking point.
I don't know about the team killer thread.

But if there is an MVP for thread killer team, I would like to make a 3 person nomination!
Underrated post.
Harry Dunne
94chem said:

Wade Boggs career .356 against Detroit, OBP .441.

Elvis Andrus .372 BA against CLE, .980 OPS.
I come from a Red Sox family so I had to hear way too much about the great Wade Boggs over the years. Career .328 hitter, hit over .300 against every AL team while with the Red Sox and hit over .370 in Fenway with the Sox, so he killed literally everyone.
94chem
Wade Boggs
aTm2004
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Albert Pujols 58 career HR vs Astros in the regular season + even more & some back-breaking postseason moments - hit .500 & 4 HR in 04 NLCS, broke Brad Lidge in 05 NLCS. I am 99% sure the Astros win at least one WS in 00s if Pujols was never born!

His HR ball off of Lidge is also being tracked by NASA and estimated to be able to be seen with a common telescope in the year 2073.
TREX01
That's not exactly accurate. Maddux threw plenty hard for a good chunk of his career. Sitting in the 93-94 range. Tony was just a great hitter.
mhayden
TREX01 said:

That's not exactly accurate. Maddux threw plenty hard for a good chunk of his career. Sitting in the 93-94 range. Tony was just a great hitter.

It was more that Gwynn was a great contact hitter... and somewhat that Maddux wasn't a real big strikeout guy either. Slightly above league average K/9 during his career.

Maddux threw ~16-17 strikeouts for every 100 batters faced.
Gwynn struck out ~4 times for every 100 plate appearances.

So a guy that strike batters out around 16% of the time facing a guy that only strikes out around 4% of the time produces a likely very low strikeout total over 100 or so at-bats.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.