Wrigley Field

1,757 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CrazyAgE
cmk10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and i will be in Chicago next week and we plan to catch a Cubs game. i plan to just scalp tickets day of since they are playing the Reds and it shouldnt be too difficult to get tickets. Has anyone had success scalping there, and where should i try to sit?
Mozart Paintings
AG
cmk10 said:

Wife and i will be in Chicago next week and we plan to catch a Cubs game. i plan to just scalp tickets day of since they are playing the Reds and it shouldnt be too difficult to get tickets. Has anyone had success scalping there, and where should i try to sit?
plenty of topics on this......

no problem at all scalping, or could hit Stubhub and pick up tickets that way. I just hit stubhub for tickets to the game this Friday afternoon.

Many like bleachers. If it's hot and a day game, bleachers will be all sun. the only thing I say is don't get 200 level tickets that are high up in row number. Those become a possibility of obstructed view by the overhang.

Tons of bars all around the stadium for before and after. Have fun.
cmk10
AG
I drove bus said:

cmk10 said:

plenty of topics on this......

no problem at all scalping, or could hit Stubhub and pick up tickets that way. I just hit stubhub for tickets to the game this Friday afternoon.

Many like bleachers. If it's hot and a day game, bleachers will be all sun. the only thing I say is don't get 200 level tickets that are high up in row number. Those become a possibility of obstructed view by the overhang.

Tons of bars all around the stadium for before and after. Have fun.
you think i should do Stubhub day of then? what section do you recommend? i would rather not sit in the bleachers, bc that would give my wife another thing to complain about.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I really like the 200 sections, row 1 if possible for the leg room. Anything up to row 5 or so are great visual lines, very easy access, etc.

Again, Row 1 is great for the legroom, plus under the overhang if it's a little rainy, or very sunny.

If I was the one buying tickets for that game, I would go stubhub and find a 200 section row 1.

The risk is a total washout. So maybe wait a few days and keep an eye on that forecast.
TV Casualty
AG
Honestly, I like sitting in the upper deck. You get shade and it's an unobstructed view unless you are way up there behind a pole.

Plus with Wrigley you are right on top of the field so the upper deck isn't like being in the nosebleeds. Its always a great time at Wrigley.
aTm2004
AG
Wife and I went back in 2012 to watch the Astros play the Cubs and scalped tickets about half an hour before first pitch. There are tons of guys out there selling them and we found you could usually get better seats than the BO had for the same price...we went to the ticket counter first.

My advice would be to sit a few innings in your seats and then try to move around to different sections. They were strict about the outfield bleachers though and were actually checking tickets.

Also, I hate the Cubs, but watching Wrigley sing "Go Cubs Go" after a win is a pretty fun experience. It is my favorite sporting venue I've ever been to.
CrazyAgE
We are wanting to go to the Cubs/Twins game today and I guess will be trying to grab tix outside the stadium later. Been checking the other sites all morning and haven't found anything that impressive. It seems to be a popular game (I guess because it's the Twins and their proximity and all?). Not wanting to spend a lot on them. Wish us luck!!
aTm2004
AG
You're going to love it. Be aware that it's Wrigley Field and there are several people there watching the game that may not be fans of either team. Expect to not get a ticket for $20.
CrazyAgE
I was hoping to land tix around $40-50

Probably a dumb question....would it be frowned upon if we wore our Astros gear? It's either going to be Astros gear or A&M gear
Mozart Paintings
AG
Stick with the A&M gear.

I'll be at the game today. Don't want to see any Astros gear .

Don't be marlins man.
chico
AG
CrazyAgE said:

Probably a dumb question....would it be frowned upon if we wore our Astros gear? It's either going to be Astros gear or A&M gear

I wore Astros gear. No issues. Lots of fun at that stadium!
aTm2004
AG
chico said:

CrazyAgE said:

We wore Astros gear as well (they were actually playing the Cubs then) and had zero issues. I want to try to make it back up there for a game in the next few years and sit in the outfield like the baseball Gods intended.
chico
AG
aTm2004 said:

chico said:

CrazyAgE said:

We wore Astros gear as well (they were actually playing the Cubs then) and had zero issues. I want to try to make it back up there for a game in the next few years and sit in the outfield like the baseball Gods intended.
The outfield is fun. Line up early (2+hrs) before 1st pitch as it's first-come, first-serve on seating. The front row seats go quickly. Some bring towels to sit on. I sat in left field, 3rd row - great group of regulars on the front row getting hammered all game, but they knew everything going on with the game and the Cubs. Schwarber is terrific with the fans, waves between innings and throws a warm-up ball to the crowd every inning.
(removed:110205)
We went to Wrigley in May (and Alinea for dinner...different topic). Sat in the 200s. Glad for the shade but not much breeze. Very friendly atmosphere and the area around the stadium is safe. Much different vibe than walking up to Yankee Stadium (did that early in the season...much sketchier vibe).
Mozart Paintings
AG
CrazyAgE said:

Today was brutally hot. I admit I didn't last the whole game, but I go several times per year.

Good cubbies win.
CrazyAgE
Yes it was pretty dang hot! Sure didn't expect the Texas heat to be all the way up here!

It was a great experience for us. My son loved it! We'll probably be back again next year around this same time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.