Astros Streaming or cable TV help

1,179 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agproducer
8T2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, I have a problem. Last August, I decided to come back from my cord cutting to watch the Astros finish the regular season. I made a huge mistake by choosing DISH Network. I assumed that Root Sports was available on all of the cable/satellite providers, so I went with the one that would work best in my RV if I needed it. That would be DISH. The order taker assured me that I could get local sports. He lied.

So, now I have a monthly bill, and it will cost $360 to cancel the contract. That is a bit more than I want to spend to dump this worthless satellite channel. So, my next best option appears to be to purchase mlb.tv streaming of the Astros. But, that seems to be only available if I am out of market. I'm in the Woodlands.

Any advice? I have missed the Astros end of season plus the Rockets best regular season ever, and I'd like to salvage something. Thanks in advance.
Forum Troll
AG
Sign up for MLB tv, free if you have T-Mobile, get a VPN and find a server they haven't blacklisted.

I use expressvpn.com and use one of the US servers that seems to work. Not all of them do though.
8T2
Thanks. I also found the post in Nerdery that has a lot of info on my problem. Appreciate the help.
halibut sinclair
MLB streaming on Reddit
agproducer
AG
Forum Troll said:

Sign up for MLB tv, free if you have T-Mobile, get a VPN and find a server they haven't blacklisted.

I use expressvpn.com and use one of the US servers that seems to work. Not all of them do though.

So, you got it to work after all? Great.
agproducer
AG
8T2 said:

Thanks. I also found the post in Nerdery that has a lot of info on my problem. Appreciate the help.

I'm no expert, but I know quite a bit about it. Let me know if I can help. That thread has my setup. Others have had success with VPNs.

I don't know if it works with NBA games though.
Forum Troll
AG
Yes I contacted customer support at expressvpn.com, they named another specific VPN server. Netflix wasn't working either. They said that MLB and Netflix have blacklisted some of their servers and know some of the servers people are using to skirt blackouts and regional restrictions.
blinnboy83
Using a VPN through the router is so annoying when I want to use Netflix. I found a thing called VyperVpn through Roku that looks promising but the cheaper monthly price is only when you sign up for a year. I just want it for baseball season with my free Tmobile deal. Anyone use VyperVpn or have an easy way to switch the VPN on and off for Netflix?

agproducer
AG
blinnboy83 said:

Using a VPN through the router is so annoying when I want to use Netflix. I found a thing called VyperVpn through Roku that looks promising but the cheaper monthly price is only when you sign up for a year. I just want it for baseball season with my free Tmobile deal. Anyone use VyperVpn or have an easy way to switch the VPN on and off for Netflix?

That's why I use the Smart DNS service. You can preset it so Netflix can be routed through the US and MLB.tv through the UK.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.