***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,160,273 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Astros had one of their worst games of the year and were right there to tie it in the 9th. We lost, it is what it is, but now we get to playback at home, won't be cold and the juice box will be rockin. The only reason everyone is so down today is because we looked so good in game 1.
bobinator
AG
(EDIT: the ol' double-post-sandwich)
Charlie Conway
bobinator said:

(EDIT: the ol' double-post-sandwich)
no thanks, I'm not into that kind of thing
Ag12thman
AG
Obviously, we need to win both upcoming home games. Kinda worried about Keuchel since he's struggled some this year.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
bobinator said:

Last night was kind of annoying, but this series is ending in Houston. Ready to get weird at the juice box tomorrow.

Let's get ****ing weird
YellAg2004
AG
bobinator said:

The pine tar thing would only annoy me because they went through the whole thing of checking Maldonado's glove and if Porcello just blatantly had it on his arm that would be pretty annoying.

As a side note, the Red Sox have been acting like we're the Russian KGB with all of their paranoia, can't wait for it to be even worse at MMP. They're probably going to sweet the place for bugs.
This. Add on that Joe West, despite being old AF apparently still doesn't know the rules and it's just an all-around annoying night. Boston won because Cole pitched like ass to start the game, but the way all these things seem to roll against us in Fenway is more than a little concerning (not talking about balls off the monster).

On to Game 3. Does this mean we get Joe West behind the dish tomorrow? Or do they change crews when the location changes?
Farmer1906
AG
Ag12thman said:

Obviously, we need to win both upcoming home games. Kinda worried about Keuchel since he's struggled some this year.
Cole hasn't struggled all year and he had a bad one last night. Anything can happen.

Dallas is a playoff vet. He's got 8 playoff starts with a 2.76 ERA. The team is 6-2 when he's started as well. Anyone is susceptible to a bad start or getting rocked, but Dallas has to be one of the safest #3s in baseball.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks for making me feel better.
Furlock Bones
AG
it literally took the luckiest **** ever for the sox to beat us At Fenway. i'm not worried at all. Stros in 5.
EagleAg19
About the pine tar, I get that most pitchers use it. It's frustrating to see them come at Maldonado and then be so blatant about it all post-season long. Hopefully they clean it up for the rest of the series.

We were a few feet from tying it with Bregman, and I don't see us giving up seven runs on a regular basis. Thankfully we took one at Fenway.
redline248
AG
Regarding the pine tar thing...

redline248
AG
Friggin' Joe West
JDUB08AG
AG
I wish that throw hit Joe West in one of his 14 chins Saturday night
AgFan1999
AG
Joe West has always been about Joe West.
EagleAg19
Dammit Joe
Teddy Perkins
AG
What's the protocol if they caught him using pine tar? Ejected and just continue play?
McGibblets
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

What's the protocol if they caught him using pine tar? Ejected and just continue play?

This is exactly it. Could potentially come with a suspension, but I would be surprised considering it's the playoffs
cablinaggie
AG
It's systemic with the Sawx. If you're going to cheat, at least try and hide it.

Joe Kelly:

Ag13
AG
I'm putting on an anti jinx..

Any word on when WS tickets go on sale?
McGibblets
AG
This is something that happens every year at this time. Obviously if you watch during the regular season, you know how prevalent this is. Usually people who don't watch a ton see this stuff, and scream cheater, while no one attempts to enforce it because someone on your team is doing it too. That's why everyone was so surprised that Joe West took a look and Maldy's glove
rak1693
AG
With Eovaldi going for game 3, I think Hinch will use Kemp as the DH, keep Reddick in right, and McCann have his usual duty of catching Keuchel. I'd assume he'd use the same order that we had in Game 3 of the ALDS? I like that lineup with the four lefties
AggnHou
AG
I just don't see how their pitching can hold up to our line up after yesterday.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Furlock Bones said:

it literally took the luckiest **** ever for the sox to beat us At Fenway. i'm not worried at all. Stros in 5.
This has been my prediction for this series since day one. Figured the sox would steal one for their fans at home one way or another. I'm not worried at all. Winners know how to win.
TayTrox
AG
McGibblets said:

Teddy Perkins said:

This is exactly it. Could potentially come with a suspension, but I would be surprised considering it's the playoffs
Damn. Really wish Maldanado was ejected.
McGibblets
AG
I don't know why I'm even dignifying this ridiculous post with a response, yet here I am.

Anyhow, this happened during game 1. Maldonado was 1-3 with no errors. And they won the game easily.

Now please do us a favor and refrain from posting more stupid comments
Wabs
AG
If you're blaming last night's loss on Maldanado, then you don't know baseball.
JABQ04
AG
Gotta love the flukey-ness of baseball. (Or hate it depending on how it effects your team). Bradley's double that hit the green monster and then proceeded to roll along the padding of the wall keeping it out of Marwin reach reminded me of the WS hit where Bregman puts a shot into the gap with runners on 1B and 3B and the ball bounces off the bill Taylor's hat straight to Joc Pederson holding Bregman to a single and only scoring one run.
tjack16
AG
Ag13 said:

The presale thing said lottery would be announced the 15th.... so I'd assume we should know who got in by today or tomorrow
MosesHallRAB04
AG
McGibblets said:

I don't know why I'm even dignifying this ridiculous post with a response, yet here I am.

Anyhow, this happened during game 1. Maldonado was 1-3 with no errors. And they won the game easily.

Now please do us a favor and refrain from posting more stupid comments

People will realize how much Maldonado has slowed Boston's running game with McCann catching game 3. Dallas can hold runners but if they go to the pen expect Boston to steal every chance they get
JABQ04
AG
tjholley16 said:

Ag13 said:

The presale thing said lottery would be announced the 15th.... so I'd assume we should know who got in by today or tomorrow

Did they already do the lottery registration or whatever it is you do to be given the chance to buy WS tickets? I don't pay attention to this **** enough.
Ag_07
AG
I don't think they'll wait for the BP.

I think Boston will run on Dallas because of his soft stuff and his ground ball frequency.
Cromagnum
AG
cablinaggie said:

It's systemic with the Sawx. If you're going to cheat, at least try and hide it.

Joe Kelly:

The only thing that will happen as a result of this is that Joe West and crew will look extra hard at Astros pitchers anytime they touch anywhere but the ball or glove now. They aren't going to check Jack on the Redsox.
redline248
AG
Maybe a topic for a separate thread, but will MLB do anything to address it in the offseason? What can/should they do?
Mathguy64
AG
I'm sure Trevor Bauer will be right on it.

Seriously though, these idiots cant even follow their own review rules. What makes you think they want to bother catching someone with pine tar on their arms?
k20dub
AG
Bregman's a savage.

Go look at his Insta story.

https://instagram.com/abreg_1?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1hfxayrh7if7z
First Page Last Page
Page 1117 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.