***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,160,393 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG14 said:

Gotta have 2 of 3 in Houston. Let's light them up Tuesday.

Let's just take all three and not have to go back to that ****ty city and ****ty stadium.
wangus12
AG
Now that the whole noise about a sweep is out of the way, lets take care of business at home
Big Al 1992
AG
Altuve gets his first hit against Kimbrel. It won't be his last!

We will mash at Minute Maid Park.
Beat40
We need Altuve to have solid ABs like his last one 3/4 PAs the rest of the way forward. Don't mean they need to be roped like that, but need solid contact.
CoachRTM
AG
Obviously we'd all like to be up 2-0, but splitting at Fenway is a pretty good result. With these next 3 games at home, 2-1 should be the expectation.

Keuchel vs Eovaldi
Morton vs Porcello (I assume)
Verlander vs Sale
Farmer1906
AG
CoachRTM said:

Obviously we'd all like to be up 2-0, but splitting at Fenway is a pretty good result. With these next 3 games at home, 2-1 should be the expectation.

Keuchel vs Eovaldi
Morton vs Porcello (I assume)
Verlander vs Sale

I doubt Porcello starts after coming out of the pen today.
Beat40
It wouldn't be unreasonable. He had a pretty easy inning and gets an extra day rest with the travel.
Frok
AG
That was disappointing. After Marwins home run I thought we were going to cruise. That 3 run double absolutely shifted the game to Boston. We couldn't get anythin going after that.
Cromagnum
AG
Afternoon weekday games are lame. It will be over before I get home from work
PoppaB05
AG
Blame lies with:
1- Texags posters asking crap like "Has a team ever swept the first 2 rounds of the playoffs" after game 1. Bunch of rookies
2- Boston for having a little league park with no padding in front of a metal wall and then some janky padding along the stands in foul territory.
3- Cole for giving the 4-2 lead up immediately which killed the morale.
4- Maldonado, I mean WTF. You have one job!
5- MLB replay for coming in hard and dry once again. A 5 minute delay for a "rules check" that results in a changed call.
bearkatag15
AG
Cromagnum said:

Afternoon weekday games are lame. It will be over before I get home from work
Only one afternoon weekday game and it starts at 4pm...

10/16:
4:09: ALCS

10/17:
7:39: ALCS

10/18:
7:09: ALCS

10/20:
4:09: ALCS

10/21:
6:39: ALCS
n_touch
Include not working the pitch counts. They did a great job in the series against Cleveland and in Game 1. They were swinging at everything today. Seemed to be in a hurry when they got a little down. Not sure if they were more worried about Cole and pressing or what.
wangus12
AG
**** I'll be in physical therapy for the Tuesday game
bearkatag15
AG
A look at the Eovaldi vs the Astros batters

Also, we did this to Eovaldi earlier this year

AggieDub25
IMO, it's time to move Correa back into the 4 spot and swap Altuve and Bregman. Correa is starting to look a lot better. Swap Altuve/Bregman around so they will have to pitch to Bregman. They aren't scared of Yuli behind him.

Also, I like Kemp DH'ing at the 9 hole. Need guys on when the order flips back over to Springer. Kemp has shown to have good ABs.
ClickClack
AG
Kemp has always been a spark for us and he still is. Get him in there.
BCSGrubber
AG
tremble said:

Drop Reddick and put Kemp in

Why would you drop Reddick? He is a plus defender and Kemp could DH since we aren't getting anything from the not so great white shark.
Sapper Redux

[This is not the Rivalries Forum. -Staff]
JABQ04
AG
BCSGrubber said:

tremble said:

Drop Reddick and put Kemp in

Why would you drop Reddick? He is a plus defender and Kemp could DH since we aren't getting anything from the not so great white shark.

Plus if my math is right, Reddick is batting .294 this post season and OPS .804. Far cry from last post season.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Our bats are going to explode on Tuesday. 12-4.
tjack16
AG
ClickClack said:

Kemp has always been a spark for us and he still is. Get him in there.

I'd DH him in the 9 hole
Bobcat-Ag
I was really hoping that we would get the first 2 in Boston, because I worry about the offense in Houston. I know I have seen the stats, but the seem to be much more inconsistent in Houston. If we can get some traffic on the bases, the offense will come around, we jest need to either get a whole bunch of walks again, or actually, get some hits.
byfLuger41
AG
wangus12 said:

**** I'll be in physical therapy for the Tuesday game

puss
TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
Frok
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

I was really hoping that we would get the first 2 in Boston, because I worry about the offense in Houston. I know I have seen the stats, but the seem to be much more inconsistent in Houston. If we can get some traffic on the bases, the offense will come around, we jest need to either get a whole bunch of walks again, or actually, get some hits.

We've only lost one home game in the past two playoffs so whatever the issue is in the regular season seems to not carry over to the playoffs.
McGibblets
AG
Anyone else find it weird that a bunch of Astros fans are crying about the green monster not having any padding when the out of town scoreboard at MMP has the exact same issues?
tjack16
AG
McGibblets said:

Anyone else find it weird that a bunch of Astros fans are crying about the green monster not having any padding when the out of town scoreboard at MMP has the exact same issues?
Nope... because it doesn't fit their narrative.
Farmer1906
AG
PoppaB05 said:

Blame lies with:
1- Texags posters asking crap like "Has a team ever swept the first 2 rounds of the playoffs" after game 1. Bunch of rookies
2- Boston for having a little league park with no padding in front of a metal wall and then some janky padding along the stands in foul territory.
3- Cole for giving the 4-2 lead up immediately which killed the morale.
4- Maldonado, I mean WTF. You have one job!
5- MLB replay for coming in hard and dry once again. A 5 minute delay for a "rules check" that results in a changed call.
Hmmmm...

Do we still blame 2 if it happens at home?

ClickClack
AG
My only comment (to my wife) when I saw it happen was I didn't realize theirs was metal. Ours is made of wood from what I can tell.
cablinaggie
AG

Wtf
WES2006AG
AG
That looks like a game from 2013
Frok
AG
McGibblets said:

Totally didn't realize that. I feel stupid now.
ClickClack
AG
And those pitches had some crazy spin
bobinator
AG
Last night was kind of annoying, but this series is ending in Houston. Ready to get weird at the juice box tomorrow.
Ag_07
AG
I wish we'd stop making excuses like pine tar and metal walls.

Cole sucked early and BOS raked him. He settled in but it was too late. The offense fought back but the defense faltered and let them back in the game.

Astros lost that game because they were not the better team on the field last night. Hopefully they can forget about it, move on and improve, and take at least 2/3 while here at home.
bobinator
AG
The pine tar thing would only annoy me because they went through the whole thing of checking Maldonado's glove and if Barnes just blatantly had it on his arm that would be pretty annoying.

As a side note, the Red Sox have been acting like we're the Russian KGB with all of their paranoia, can't wait for it to be even worse at MMP. They're probably going to sweet the place for bugs.
First Page Last Page
Page 1116 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.