***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,177,151 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd love for Kemp to be a speedy on-base hitter to have come up before Springer/Bregman/Altuve
JDUB08AG
AG
We are staring to settle in a bit
jr15aggie
AG
1st team to 100+ point differential!
astros4545
AG
Mrs. Carrol give zero ****s about the Rockets winning on the Astros post game show
Gramercy Riffs
AG
jr15aggie said:

1st team to 100+ point differential!

Point?
agproducer
AG

Awesome.
k20dub
AG
MLB The Show is a video game
k20dub
AG
agproducer
AG
I posted the link on mobile. I didn't think it would show up, so I asked for help.
E
AG
jr15aggie said:

1st team to 100+ RUN differential!

FIFY
DVC2010
AG
E said:

jr15aggie said:

1st team to 100+ RUN differential!

FIFY

I didn't even notice that. I saw the "100" and the "differential," and I guess my mind filled in the blanks. I may watch too much baseball read too much Fangraphs.
titanmaster_race
Rockets beat the evil franchise from hell tonight and the Astros whoop some San Fran tail.

Houston >>> The bay area
Texaggie7nine
titanmaster_race said:

Rockets beat the evil franchise from hell tonight and the Astros whoop some San Fran tail.

Houston >>> The bay area
I would fify that but PC culture won't let me.
7nine
BowSowy
AG
Hulla Baller said:

We are making this guy look like a cy young pitcher.
BowSowy
AG
Kemp's been off to a really nice start and seems like the shot in the arm that we need.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah I laugh but it does sound like something is up.

His symptoms remind me a lot of when my wife was diagnosed with Celiac disease when she was in her early 20s. Went about a full year of GI issues, weight loss, and no energy before they finally got a correct diagnosis.

Hope he gets right so they know what they have in him.
if Celiac's was the worst thing, that wouldn't be so bad. you just hope it's not a David Quessenberry situation.
gambochaman
AG
So glad we brought up Tony and that he's making the best of his shot
Ag_07
AG
For sure. Just hoping he gets it figured out and gets well.

Kemp has really impressed me. I'll eat crow on that one. I've never been a Kemp fan and he's done nothing to really catch my eye and I wasn't very excited for him to be called up.

WRONG! Man he's impressed and he is a perfect fit for the bottom of the lineup. Glad to see.

And JD Davis too. He didn't do much with the bat last night but his plate discipline was on point. He drew 3 walks for as long as O had it on. He looked locked in.
irish pete ag06
AG
gambochaman said:

So glad we brought up Tony and that he's making the best of his shot
Yep. I've followed Tony on social media for a while and he seems like a funny dude with a great personality. Very likable guy and holy cow he married a smoke show.

Baseball wise he could be a HUGE compliment to this team. I've said since he came up if he can literally just be league average he will be a major boost to the bottom of the lineup.

Marisnick had a 12 wRC+ and Fisher had a 68 wRC+. They had nearly equal amounts of plate appearances so that was an average production between those 2 of 40 wRC+. If Tony can just hang around 100 wRC+ (which is exactly league average)... that is a gigantic difference.

DVC2010
AG
Ag_07 said:

And JD Davis too. He didn't do much with the bat last night but his plate discipline was on point. He drew 3 walks for as long as O had it on. He looked locked in.

I wouldn't call 3 TB "not much at the plate," no matter how they come.
tjack16
AG

Video I got of a Giants fan getting kicked out last night... she was asked to leave and then saw somebody filming her and flipped s**t
Mr.Bond
AG
Had no idea Amy Schumer was a giants fan
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ag_07
AG
DVC2010 said:

Ag_07 said:

I wouldn't call 3 TB "not much at the plate," no matter how they come.

See...You're looking at it all wrong.

You're right that 3 BBs is a nice night at the plate. But since you don't use the bat to walk then technically he didn't do anything at all with the bat.
DVC2010
AG
You mean to tell me he wasn't intimidating the pitcher with his bat?
irish pete ag06
AG
tjholley17 said:

Video I got of a Giants fan getting kicked out last night... she was asked to leave and then saw somebody filming her and flipped s**t
"Your **** is only 2 inces long. 2 inches..." (while holding up all 5 fingers)
tjack16
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

tjholley17 said:

"Your **** is only 2 inces long. 2 inches..." (while holding up all 5 fingers)
is it bad that this is how I imagine most LSU fans being?
CSWendt
AG
Tony Kemp reminds me of our Aoki last year. 9 hole hitter who puts the ball in play. When Aoki was going well last year he was a big reason why our offense was elite. He turned the line up over, and had some timely hits
Ag_07
AG
tjholley17 said:

Not even gonna lie...She would scare the shlt outta me.
ClickClack
AG
Yeah happy about kemp. Seems like a good dude too. His call-up feels different this time around. I think he's very hungry to help this team in any and every way he can.
JW_TXAG13
AG
Well this sucks

MAROON
AG
ClickClack said:

Yeah happy about kemp. Seems like a good dude too. His call-up feels different this time around. I think he's very hungry to help this team in any and every way he can.
nice story on Tony Kemp during his time in Corpus

Tony Kemp is a good dude
Ramrod
AG
tjholley17 said:

Dem thighs tho!
Furlock Bones
AG

Jake is back.
Mathguy64
AG
Jake had 20 PAs for Fresno. 2 BB, 3 K, 5 H, slashed .278/.350/.722. Hopefully those 20 PAs were enough to get his mind right.
Furlock Bones
AG
mathguy86 said:

Jake had 20 PAs for Fresno. 2 BB, 3 K, 5 H, slashed .278/.350/.722. Hopefully those 20 PAs were enough to get his mind right.

Hopefully. Maybe after getting sent down, he will be less worried about it.
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.