***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,944 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

bullard21k said:

I actually think Marisnick with his power numbers could bet a decent DH options some days.
Why would you DH Marisnick? It's hard for me to envision a situation where you want Marisnick's bat in the lineup but not his glove in the field.
I could see this scenario happening on days that Gattis catches and Yuli/Correa/Altuve/Bregman take a day off

C - Gattis
LF - Fisher
1B/2B/SS/3B - Gonzalez
DH - Marisnick
AgDoc03
AG
tjholley17 said:

bobinator said:

bullard21k said:

I actually think Marisnick with his power numbers could bet a decent DH options some days.
Why would you DH Marisnick? It's hard for me to envision a situation where you want Marisnick's bat in the lineup but not his glove in the field.
I could see this scenario happening on days that Gattis catches and Yuli/Correa/Altuve/Bregman take a day off

C - Gattis
LF - Fisher
1B/2B/SS/3B - Gonzalez
DH - Marisnick
But in this situation I think it's more likely Springer or Reddick DH and you utilize Marisnick's speed and defense in CF
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Faustus
bobinator said:

While we're talking random off day topics, I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and I picked up some of these bad boys for me and all of the groomsmen to wear:

At least you know that your fiancee must really love you.
WES2006AG
AG
Faustus said:

bobinator said:

While we're talking random off day topics, I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and I picked up some of these bad boys for me and all of the groomsmen to wear:

At least you know that your fiance must really love you.
Or she doesn't know yet
bobinator
AG
Haha, nah, she knows. She also loves the Stros.
spadilly
S
iBrad
AG
If Hinch DHs a part-time player who is one of the best defenders on the team, he should be fined.

iBrad
AG
Cool to see Brownie getting his ring! I wish Milo could have made it a few more years.
tjack16
AG
AgDoc03 said:

tjholley17 said:

bobinator said:

bullard21k said:

C - Gattis
LF - Fisher
1B/2B/SS/3B - Gonzalez
DH - Marisnick
But in this situation I think it's more likely Springer or Reddick DH and you utilize Marisnick's speed and defense in CF
I don't see any real difference in any of those three guys defensively. They're all really good.
tjack16
AG
ideally, Gattis would DH and McCann would catch 7/10 games.
So it's really not a big deal over who is DH/OF on the days McCann sits out. The depth on this team is great and Fisher/Marisnick would likely be everyday starters on 26/30 MLB teams.
Texas A&M
spadilly said:

I was not a fan of Crane in the beginning. This is one time where I'm happy to be wrong.
JABQ04
AG
bobinator said:

Haha, nah, she knows. She also loves the Stros.

At least until you put a ring on it. Amongst other things
BTKAG97
AG
After 1 week of play, the Astros team stats are phenomenal.

Pitching:

1st - Wins (6)(obviously)
T-1st - Quality Starts (5)
2nd - ERA (2.47)
T-7th - BAA (.222)
1st - K's (72)
T-12th - BB's (19)(not great but above average)
2nd - K/BB (3.79)

Batting:

3rd - Avg (.281)
4th - OBP (.360)
3rd - Slg (.477)
3rd - OPS (.837)
1st - 2B (18)
T-3rd - 3B (2)
T-9th - HR's (8)
4th - BB's (28)
2nd - Runs (41)
2nd - RBI's (41)

The 2 things the team needs to work on are fielding percent and offensive K's.

They are 25th in FPCT at .980 and T-31st in K's at 66.

MLB K% over the last several years has been right around 20%. The Astros are currently at 24.2% with Jake being the worst offender by K'ing 9 times for a 47.4 K%.
MelvinUdall
Texas A&M said:

spadilly said:

I was not a fan of Crane in the beginning. This is one time where I'm happy to be wrong.

Interesting thought, I had no opinion on him, but the media certainly did and made sure everyone else felt the same. Glad to see he is proving the media wrong.
Charlie Conway
I remember hearing on the radio the other day that Carlos Beltran said Jim Crane was one of the best owners he ever played for.

Edit: This was hearsay so don't quote me
PhatMack19
AG
A good friend of mine got his ring today. Now if he would just hook me up with some playoff tickets.....

titanmaster_race
bobinator said:

Where did you get those??
tjack16
AG
titanmaster_race said:

bobinator said:

Where did you get those??
for real... can't just post merchandise without a link!
byfLuger41
AG
https://www.mlbshop.com/houston-astros/mens-houston-astros-stance-navy-h-town-diamond-pro-team-color-custom-tube-socks/t-25001952+p-2496228130593+z-9-2953050963
TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
byfLuger41
AG
https://www.stance.com/astros-dmnd-pro-crew/M559A18AST.html?cgid=houston-astros#start=1
TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
byfLuger41
AG
One more.

https://www.stance.com/houston-astros-socks/
TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
bearkatag15
AG

Hello Kate...
Mathguy64
AG
I will say this about both of them. They have certainly been visible members of the Houston community. This was not just a rent-a-player for 18 months.
Charlie Conway
bearkatag15
AG
Yuli's day today in Corpus:

Beau Holder
AG
Better day than I've ever had in Corpus.
W
AG
nice bounce back win for the Orioles tonight. 5-2 over the Yankees. Adam Jones still hot. Judge did what he does...hit solo home runs
BMX Bandit
how many of Judge's HR are solo? and how does that stack up against other batters?
Frok
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Glad to see he is actually wearing it. Clyde Drexler mentioned last night that he wore his once.
BMX Bandit
It's not exactly made for wearing.
Hulla Baller
AG
Are all the rings that were given out the same? The employees received the same rings as the players?
Prosperdick
AG
BMX Bandit said:

how many of Judge's HR are solo? and how does that stack up against other batters?

To be fair a couple years ago that was Marwin...
aTm2004
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Are all the rings that were given out the same? The employees received the same rings as the players?
That was my question as well...did entry level employees who worked in the office get a ring with diamonds and all of the stones just like the players, or did they get one with cheaper/imitation stones? Jim Crane answered that for me when he stated that the Astros would be paying taxes on the rings for some people.

Quote:

Astros ownership is going above and beyond when it comes to taking care of their employees concerning the 1,332 World Series rings the club is handing out.

These rings are very valuable and the taxes they generate are equally expensive.

Many of the Astros employees probably could not afford to accept the rings.

With that in mind, owner Jim Crane is also paying the taxes on the rings.
Ag_07
AG
I got a buddy who's cousin did some contract work for the team last year. Pretty insignificant amount of work and was indeed contract and never a full-time employee.

He's getting a ring.

Crane understands how much that championship meant to the organization, fans, community, etc. He's going all out on this.

I love it!
Frok
AG
BMX Bandit said:

It's not exactly made for wearing.

Pffffff. I'd wear it around and make sure I shake as many hands with it that I can.
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.