***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,473 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure if they can put him on the DL retroactively because of the suspension. It'll probably be 10 games starting tomorrow.

The organization played it well, though. Let him serve the suspension while staying behind in Florida and now he can go on the DL and head out for some rehab stints and enter the lineup right away. As opposed to rehabbing, then sitting for five games.
Cromagnum
AG
The leaf blower has its own Twitter account now.

https://twitter.com/astrosleaf
Ag_07
AG
Safe at Home said:

If Yuli goes on DL, I'm guessing the league won't let the Astros count the first five games he misses against his suspension - ?

Yuli isn't on the DL anymore. He came off the DL and was on the restrictive list for the last 5 games. Thus serving his suspension these last 5 games.

He's good to go tomorrow

And tonight was awesome. We used our Honda keys to hang on the club level for the ceremony then had hookups for a suite. Good times! Gonna be a good season fellas! Hang on
CSWendt
AG
False. Yuli is being put on the DL
bullard21k
AG
Yuli went on the DL this afternoon,

Davis needs to break through with a hit and start doing something. With the way fisher, marwin and Jake are swinging the lumber you can't wait around very long for him to figure it out.

Although I guess it might not matter when Yuli comes back as he is getting sent back down....wish we just dump Tony Sipp though and let Davis stay. Sipp is a complete waste of a roster spot
titanmaster_race
There are 29 teams who would kill to have Cole as the #4 starter, and there are 29 teams who would kill to have Morton as the #5 starter.

This rotation might be better than the offense.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Re-watching tonight's game and Morton's stuff is so filthy. He's got great movement on all of his pitches; his 95+ mph 2 seamer moves like a splitter. Despite his game 7 heroics, it still feels like he's underrated.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
My bad...I didn't see Yuli went back on the DL yesterday. I think we're seeing Lunhow work the system.

Puts Yuli on DL, season starts so Yuli comes off DL and serves his suspension, then after suspension puts him back on the DL. It's essentially allowing him to serve his suspension while out with the injury. It's genius

Oh and speaking of DL...I see Joe Musgrove lands on it with a strained shoulder.
Frok
AG
third coast.. said:

can post some pics of the uniforms and banners? my internet is garbage at work. TIA

Not exactly what you are looking for but here is a nice pic

JW_TXAG13
AG
I just want to say I'm so glad the season is back and this thread is up and running.

Best thread on Texags
NotGibbs
titanmaster_race said:

There are 29 teams who would kill to have Cole as the #4 starter, and there are 29 teams who would kill to have Morton as the #5 starter.

Uh... there's teams that would be happy to have Cole .45 as their 1 and Chuck as their 2
zgood10
AG
So are they gonna have Gold $1 hotdogs at the juice box tonight? Asking for a friend...

For anyone that went last night, was there plenty of gold program stock at the team stores?
tjack16
AG
NotGibbs said:

titanmaster_race said:

Uh... there's teams that would be happy to have Cole .45 as their 1 and Chuck as their 2
There are teams where Lance would be the ace and the face of the organization
irish pete ag06
AG
NotGibbs said:

titanmaster_race said:

100% this...

Athletics
1. Kendall Graveman, RHP
2. Sean Manaea, LHP

Blue Jays
1. J.A. Happ, LHP
2. Aaron Sanchez, RHP

Braves
1. Julio Teheran, RHP
2. Mike Foltynewicz, RHP

Brewers
1. Chase Anderson, RHP
2. Zach Davies, RHP

Giants
1. Ty Blach, LHP
2. Johnny Cueto, RHP

Marlins
1. Jose Urena, RHP
2. Odrisamer Despaigne, RHP

Orioles
1. Dylan Bundy, RHP
2. Andrew Cashner, RHP

Padres
1. Clayton Richard, LHP
2. Dinelson Lamet, RHP

Pirates
1. Ivan Nova, RHP
2. Jameson Taillon, RHP

Rangers
1. Cole Hamels, LHP
2. Matt Moore, LHP

Reds
1. Homer Bailey, RHP
2. Luis Castillo, RHP

Rockies
1. Jon Gray, RHP
2. Tyler Anderson, LHP

Royals
1. Danny Duffy, LHP
2. Ian Kennedy, RHP

Tigers
1. Jordan Zimmermann, RHP
2. Michael Fulmer, RHP

Twins
1. Jake Odorizzi, RHP
2. Kyle Gibson, RHP

White Sox
1. James Shields, RHP
2. Lucas Giolito, RHP

I'd take Gerrit and Charlie over all of those combos.
CoachRTM
AG
Quote:

Giants
1. Ty Blach, LHP
2. Johnny Cueto, RHP
In fairness, Bumgarner/ Cueto is probably better than Cole/ Morton.

But your overall point stands..... Hell, Morton/ Peacock might be a better 1/2 than what some of those teams are trotting out there.
BarryProfit
zgood10 said:

For anyone that went last night, was there plenty of gold program stock at the team stores?

Yep it was everywhere.
irish pete ag06
AG
True. Forgot about Bumgardner's injury.
spadilly
S
third coast.. said:

can post some pics of the uniforms and banners? my internet is garbage at work. TIA

Uni-Watch had a piece on everything this morning:
https://uni-watch.com/2018/04/03/astros-wear-gold-trimmed-championship-unis-for-home-opener/
AstroAggie15
AG
Any word on Correa? Is he back in the line up tonight?
NotGibbs
AstroAggie15 said:

Lineup won't be out until later, but he's listed as day to day and Hich said there's a good chance he plays today. In other words, nothing to worry about
The Milkman
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

X-Rays were negative as well
Beau Holder
AG
Good news.
zgood10
AG
According to Reid Ryan on Twitter:

Ring Ceremony at 6:30 PM, first pitch at 7:10 PM.

Gates open at 5:10
CFTXAG10
AG
The music.

CSWendt
AG
I wouldn't be surprised to see Correa out today again. His post game interview gave me the general vibe that he wasn't too sure he'd play. He talked about it being really uncomfortable in his cleats and that's he'd have to wait and see how it felt in the morning.
McInnis
AG
Did anyone catch the Dodgers last night? Lost to Arizona in 15 innings, but the interesting part is that Jansen blew the save in the ninth, walking two and then giving up a homer. He already has one loss and one blown save for the season. Wasn't it just last season he set a major league record for most consecutive innings without giving up a base on balls?

Coming into the WS he was kind of being propped up as invincible. I wonder if his confidence is still taking a hit from what the Astros did to him?

I guess it's never too early to want the teams we might be playing in post-season to lose.
Beau Holder
AG
Did we Brad Lidge him, you mean?
iBrad
AG

Ag_07
AG
At this rate the Dodgers won't be playing anyone in the postseason.

It's kinda like they went out, didn't get drunk, but woke up with a killer hangover. On the other hand we're the ones who went on a bender, passed out on the floor, and woke up and went right back to pounding beers like nothing ever happened.
AstroAggie15
AG
Ag_07 said:

At this rate the Dodgers won't be playing anyone in the postseason.

It's kinda like they went out, didn't get drunk, but woke up with a killer hangover. On the hand we're the ones who went on a bender, passed out on the floor, and woke up and went right back to pounding beers like nothing ever happened.

They're streaky. Didn't they have a 1-22 stretch at one point and ended up in the WS?
Hulla Baller
AG
Who else is pumped about the game tonight?! These Astros have really got me fired up about every game now.
iBrad
AG
They had a stretches of 16-1, 14-1, and 13-1 and also a 1-16 stretch. So yes, they were very streaky.
n_touch
CFTXAG10 said:

The music.

You can tell we have never done that before
CFTXAG10
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.