***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,577 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
3B Paul 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just getting to jump in this evening. Looks like Uncle Charlie pitched well. I also wonder why the Astros hired my lawn crew to unveil the World Series Banner.
Post removed:
by user
iBrad
AG
I like Fisher being on this team. It's going to be really interesting to see what we do with our outfielders when Tucker is ready.
TrillOBrien
AG
iBrad said:

I like Fisher being on this team. It's going to be really interesting to see what we do with our outfielders when Tucker is ready.
If we're being honest, Tucker is probably ready right now
AgDoc03
AG
Revival03 said:

Take out Keuchel and it's 1.11
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
3B Paul 97
AG
Is this Reddick's last year?

Nevermind. We have him through 2020.
Mr.Ackar07
Luhnow is a freaking genius:

Quote:

Early Monday morning, Musgrove told MLB.com his outing was "the best I've felt" and that he was "where I should be now going into my first start." About an hour later, Musgrove was placed on the 10-day disabled list, retroactive to March 30, due to a muscle strain in his right shoulder. He will be shut down from throwing for five to seven days.

https://www.mlb.com/news/pirates-joe-musgrove-placed-on-disabled-list/c-270488740
Gramercy Riffs
AG
ClickClack said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

iBrad said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

The following night, owner Jim Crane has arranged for the team to distribute 900 World Series rings to everyone from Jose Altuve to the coaches to the stadium ushers and even some long-term and loyal season-ticket holders.
I didn't really feel like giving this guy a chance six years ago. Turns out he's a pretty damn good owner.
Crane has done a great job of hiring the right people and letting them do their jobs.
Agreed, but I'm talking about more than the results. When he first took over, I thought of him as part of the problem. Just another thing I didn't like about the way things were changing. Moved to the AL, changed the uniforms and logo, I can't watch the games on tv, our lineup looks like the spring training roster from Major League, and we've got an owner who smiles after every loss. Dude is all about the bottom line and doesn't care about winning and blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm not afraid to say that I was way wrong on that stuff. First of all, it didn't take long to grow to love every one of those changes, and by now we obviously all understand the losing part. But he seems like a pretty good guy too. I guess it was just fear of the unknown. No one in their right mind would prefer Uncle Drayton, but at the time I thought I did.

I'll never get why people characterized crane that way. It was said on the season threads on here a lot and a lot of people ran with it as fact despite there being no real evidence of that other than a justifiably low payroll as we rebuilt.

It was actually really asinine how people ran with that idea. What owner doesn't want his team to be successful? Success = money. Not to mention pride, which I'd argue every owner has.

You remember that time that I explained that it was irrational to think that way and that I didn't know what I was talking about because I couldn't even watch the games anyway and didn't know anything about the owner? Cool, because it happened in this very thread.
Cromagnum
AG
We suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck against sidearm pitchers.
bullard21k
AG
Welcome to the bigs JD.

Dude had an amazing spring hunting fastballs. He will keep getting offspeed stuff until he proves he can hit it.
bullard21k
AG
How about a DP?
CFTXAG10
AG
Damnit McHugh
mazag08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Damnit McHugh

Damnit McNuggets!
CFTXAG10
AG
mazag08 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Damnit McHugh

Damnit McNuggets!

**** you autocorrect
cap-n-jack
gougler08
AG
Aren't you two at the game together?
Mathguy64
AG
Gold unis 1-0
iBrad
AG
We need a gif of our outfielders' post game celebration.
DVC2010
AG
I TexAgs from the game all the time!
cablinaggie
AG
My kids just told me it's a Fortnite dance called Jubilation. Today I learned.
W
AG
great game for Fisher tonight.

apparently the Orioles decided to push back Bundy to Wednesday. Going with their #5 tomorrow vs. Verlander
Furlock Bones
AG
This team. Just straight back to work destroying lives.
ClickClack
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

ClickClack said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

iBrad said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

The following night, owner Jim Crane has arranged for the team to distribute 900 World Series rings to everyone from Jose Altuve to the coaches to the stadium ushers and even some long-term and loyal season-ticket holders.
I didn't really feel like giving this guy a chance six years ago. Turns out he's a pretty damn good owner.
Crane has done a great job of hiring the right people and letting them do their jobs.
Agreed, but I'm talking about more than the results. When he first took over, I thought of him as part of the problem. Just another thing I didn't like about the way things were changing. Moved to the AL, changed the uniforms and logo, I can't watch the games on tv, our lineup looks like the spring training roster from Major League, and we've got an owner who smiles after every loss. Dude is all about the bottom line and doesn't care about winning and blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm not afraid to say that I was way wrong on that stuff. First of all, it didn't take long to grow to love every one of those changes, and by now we obviously all understand the losing part. But he seems like a pretty good guy too. I guess it was just fear of the unknown. No one in their right mind would prefer Uncle Drayton, but at the time I thought I did.

I'll never get why people characterized crane that way. It was said on the season threads on here a lot and a lot of people ran with it as fact despite there being no real evidence of that other than a justifiably low payroll as we rebuilt.

It was actually really asinine how people ran with that idea. What owner doesn't want his team to be successful? Success = money. Not to mention pride, which I'd argue every owner has.

You remember that time that I explained that it was irrational to think that way and that I didn't know what I was talking about because I couldn't even watch the games anyway and didn't know anything about the owner? Cool, because it happened in this very thread.

Don't take it personally. I was speaking about many posters, I don't even really remember who. Just remember several people acting like Crane sucked and would never be willing to spend money on the team. Stating opinion as fact.
jokershady
AG
Great to start off with the first game at home!

Best part was the banner unveil. Leave it to the Tine to unveil the banner with a leaf blower and tree trimmer
Cen-Tex
AG
cablinaggie said:

Is this it?
Furlock Bones
AG
champagnepapi
GoStros
Beat40
cablinaggie said:

Edit - was thinking of a different one
jokershady
AG
Great googally moogally
. . .

Mathguy64
AG
Between the 4 and 5 starters, they went 13.0 IP, 5 total hits, 1 ER, 17 K. It won't be that good all year. It can't. But man that is depth. Filthy filthy depth.
Furlock Bones
AG
mathguy86 said:

Between the 4 and 5 starters, they went 13.0 IP, 5 total hits, 1 ER, 17 K. It won't be that good all year. It can't. But man that is depth. Filthy filthy depth.

As Matt Thomas was saying even before this game "when Keuchel has the worst start among your rotation, it means it was a good week."
McInnis
AG
If Yuli goes on DL, I'm guessing the league won't let the Astros count the first five games he misses against his suspension - ?
Furlock Bones
AG
Safe at Home said:

If Yuli goes on DL, I'm guessing the league won't let the Astros count the first five games he misses against his suspension - ?

Don't think the league can do a damned thing about it. In Jeff we trust.
Al Bula
AG
I wish peacock had a crack at the rotation but it's a good problem to have.
First Page Last Page
Page 31 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.