***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,735 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This may be a little conceded, but I feel like in 10 or so years, ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever will do a documentary on either:

1) The Astros and Hurricane Harvey
2) Game 5 of the World Series
3) Depending on how the next few seasons go, a Moneyball type of documentary including the use of advanced analytics
Frok
AG
The Milkman said:

W said:

all right, 6-game homestand coming up vs. the Orioles (1-2) and Padres (0-3).

I see that the second home game is the first dollar hot dog night. Whatever the previous record was for dollar dogs sold...it should fall on Tuesday and then some
should also be the best dollar hot dog day of the year because you know they arent a week old

I did Dollar Dog night once last year. Never again.
tjack16
AG
The Milkman said:

W said:

I see that the second home game is the first dollar hot dog night. Whatever the previous record was for dollar dogs sold...it should fall on Tuesday and then some
should also be the best dollar hot dog day of the year because you know they arent a week old
I'm going tomorrow night... I'll give review on hot dog quality
aggie0109
AG
Where will be the best place to park tonight?
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Ackar07
dlance said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

This may be a little conceded, but I feel like in 10 or so years, ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever will do a documentary on either:

1) The Astros and Hurricane Harvey
2) Game 5 of the World Series
3) Depending on how the next few seasons go, a Moneyball type of documentary including the use of advanced analytics

What are you conceding?
Damn autocorrect
DVC2010
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Where's everyone posting up tonight at the juice box?

I'll be in 233 w/ Mazag08

318 tonight and most nights through October.
Al Bula
AG
Can someone confirm that AT&T Sports Network will cover the ring ceremony in the 5PM pregame show? I swear I heard that it would be on TV after yesterday's game but just want to confirmation.
07ag
AG
banner today, rings tomorrow
MAROON
AG
The Milkman said:

W said:

unless they're from the last dollar dog day of the 2017 season......
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Quote:

The following night, owner Jim Crane has arranged for the team to distribute 900 World Series rings to everyone from Jose Altuve to the coaches to the stadium ushers and even some long-term and loyal season-ticket holders.
I didn't really feel like giving this guy a chance six years ago. Turns out he's a pretty damn good owner.
tjack16
AG
any idea what time the ring ceremony will be tomorrow? I'll be there and would like to get there plenty early to see it
mazag08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Where's everyone posting up tonight at the juice box?

I'll be in 233 w/ Mazag08

I'll be the drunk guy.
zgood10
AG
tjholley17 said:

any idea what time the ring ceremony will be tomorrow? I'll be there and would like to get there plenty early to see it

I'm gonna get there for doors (5:30).
TXAG14
Doors open at 3pm today. They are recommending people be in their seat by 5:15 to be safe to see the ceremony.
AggieDub25
Who knows where you can pick up one of the gold hats? I know I can order online. Just curious if you guys know where I might find one at a store.
The Milkman
AG
Academy
NotGibbs
It's kind of weird to think that this is the first home game since game 5
iBrad
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

The following night, owner Jim Crane has arranged for the team to distribute 900 World Series rings to everyone from Jose Altuve to the coaches to the stadium ushers and even some long-term and loyal season-ticket holders.
I didn't really feel like giving this guy a chance six years ago. Turns out he's a pretty damn good owner.
Crane has done a great job of hiring the right people and letting them do their jobs.
cwpaggie07
AG
iBrad said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

Crane has done a great job of hiring the right people and letting them do their jobs.

Hallmark of a good leader/executive/manager, etc.
zgood10
AG
TXAG14 said:

Doors open at 3pm today. They are recommending people be in their seat by 5:15 to be safe to see the ceremony.
For a 6:10 start, so tomorrow maybe 6:15 for the ring ceremony? Something like that
Beau Holder
AG
I'll be watching from home like a poor, but trying to find a way to go tomorrow.
zgood10
AG
AggieDub25 said:

Who knows where you can pick up one of the gold hats? I know I can order online. Just curious if you guys know where I might find one at a store.
I got one at Lids in the Galleria on Friday
aggiematt235
AG
aggiematt235 said:

Way too early predictions.

Giles will lose the closer job.
Keuchel will be the #4 starter by season's end.

This also doesn't mean we will crater or have a terrible season. I just see us making move for a closer at the deadline and LMJ and Cole having good seasons.
So far this prediction isn't looking too ludicrous. LMJ and Cole45 have hellacious stuff.
spadilly
S
Max Power
AG
Can someone surprise Drayton McLane with a trip down to the stadium so the fans can thank him tonight? Last season went according to his plan all along. I'm sure he'd love to be a part of the festivities.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
https://es.pn/2uBHW7U

Not sorry if already posted. Read it again.
1900hurricane
Regarding the Cole trade, Moran has gotten off to a bit of a slow start, but hit a grand slam against the Twin's Lynn today.
Prosperdick
AG
Max Power said:

Can someone surprise Drayton McLane with a trip down to the stadium so the fans can thank him tonight? Last season went according to his plan all along. I'm sure he'd love to be a part of the festivities.
McLane: "What have you done to be a champion today?"
Crane: "I bought the team from you, Drayton."
devastor
AG
Got 2 tickets for Section 131 row 29 still available for tonight. text me at 979 - 574 - 9088 if you are interested.
k20dub
AG
Gramercy Riffs
AG
iBrad said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

Agreed, but I'm talking about more than the results. When he first took over, I thought of him as part of the problem. Just another thing I didn't like about the way things were changing. Moved to the AL, changed the uniforms and logo, I can't watch the games on tv, our lineup looks like the spring training roster from Major League, and we've got an owner who smiles after every loss. Dude is all about the bottom line and doesn't care about winning and blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm not afraid to say that I was way wrong on that stuff. First of all, it didn't take long to grow to love every one of those changes, and by now we obviously all understand the losing part. But he seems like a pretty good guy too. I guess it was just fear of the unknown. No one in their right mind would prefer Uncle Drayton, but at the time I thought I did.
Max Power
AG
The move to the AL was forced on him by MLB as part of the purchase.
Mathguy64
AG
IIRC (And I could be wrong), while the move was part of the sale, Crane got a break on the selling price of the club as compensation. I have a vague recollection that it was something on the order of a $100MM reduction in price. And that he would not have been able to get the financing otherwise. Basically his group couldnt afford the full asking price and this was a way to offset it.

And I admit I could be making that up.
bobinator
AG
You didn't immediately like the changes to the uniforms and logo?
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.