***** Official Houston Astros 2018 Season Thread *****

3,179,079 Views | 44067 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dshedd41
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NL MVP Stanton gets booed in Yankees stadium in his very first game. Wonderful fans I tell ya.

Stanton booed by Yankees fans after five K's https://es.pn/2GVvNjn
CorpsAg11
AG
I made dis... #fortnite

Hubert J. Farnsworth
tjack16
AG
Just got home from the game. And overall a great night!
Pre game was a mad house... got to stadium an hour early and didn't get into my seats until 10 mins before first pitch. Concourse was a mess, and the line just to get tickets scanned was 25 mins of a wait.
Lady and her family decided to walk to their seats during Correa's first at bat then realized they were in the wrong section ... and blocked everybody in my area's view of the inside the park homerun.

After that, perfect night at the ballpark and a lot of fun. Reddick had his best night as an Astro IMO, and the offense came from pretty much everybody
DVC2010
AG
tjholley17 said:

Just got home from the game. And overall a great night!
Pre game was a mad house... got to stadium an hour early and didn't get into my seats until 10 mins before first pitch. Concourse was a mess, and the line just to get tickets scanned was 25 mins of a wait.
Lady and her family decided to walk to their seats during Correa's first at bat then realized they were in the wrong section ... and blocked everybody in my area's view of the inside the park homerun.

After that, perfect night at the ballpark and a lot of fun. Reddick had his best night as an Astro IMO, and the offense came from pretty much everybody

I think this is objectively true.
Faustus
titanmaster_race said:

INL MVP Stanton gets booed in Yankees stadium in his very first game. Wonderful fans I tell ya.

Stanton booed by Yankees fans after five K's https://es.pn/2GVvNjn
"Judge not" was inevitable. Stanton knew that dyslexia would render any position player FA signing for the Bombers as " not Judge." They can turn on a dime in support.
YellAg2004
AG
Great night at the ballpark. And the turd floater held off until I got home. Couldn't have asked for much more.

Improved my record to 2-0 on the season.
Your Mom And Them
I got to meet the guy that designed the Astros WS ring. Very interesting conversation and I had no clue how much thought went into designing that ring. Every little detail in the ring had a story behind it. Very nice man and this was his 85th championship ring to design.
Big Al 1992
AG
Great win!
Ag_07
AG
Safe at Home said:

I figured these new uniforms were an opening game special, but I guess they're here to stay -?

They were originally only supposed to wear them for these first two games with the ceremonies and all, but I've seen chatter that they were such a big hit they may use them as their Friday alternates.

I didn't like them at first but they've grown on me. I think they look awesome.
zgood10
AG
Hell of a game at the juice box last night!

Almost had waterworks when they showed the video of the ring construction.

Loved everyone standing with anticipation when the bases were juiced for Reddick

WOOOOO
78669AG
I am not a stros fan but a fan of good baseball. My favorite team is the braves.

Do y'all think the stros have a chance to get to 110-120 wins? I think they challenge the season wins record
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Farmer1906
AG
We're built to be great, but this is baseball stuff happens. I guess it's possible, but very unlikely.
Ag_07
AG
78669AG said:

Do y'all think the stros have a chance to get to 110-120 wins? I think they challenge the season wins record

Not sure if they get THAT many. I think they may get to the lower end of that range. MAYBE 110-112 but that's a lot of wins.

It's still incredibly early but so far the BP still gives me some hesitation in saying they're going to break the season wins record.

Let's see though
Prosperdick
AG
If everyone stays healthy and plays like they should...100+ wins is achievable but 110-120 requires quite a bit of luck and some magical seasons by guys we don't expect.

Also, it's baseball.
NotGibbs
Ag_07 said:

Safe at Home said:

I figured these new uniforms were an opening game special, but I guess they're here to stay -?

They were originally only supposed to wear them for these first two games with the ceremonies and all, but I've seen chatter that they were such a big hit they may use them as their Friday alternates.

I've seen speculation about that. I know the Royals used theirs as alternates, but they already had gold in their color scheme, so it wasn't a big jump
tjack16
AG
I would not be a fan of us wearing these as Friday alternates. Yes they look nice, but "special" uniforms aren't special anymore if you wear them often.

Keep the Orange jerseys as your Friday night alternates.
Marvin
AG
Great time at the ballpark last night. Ready for some afternoon baseball!

I love the gold jerseys, especially the gold/blue hat, but I agree they need to be retired now that all the ceremonies are over. It's a new season.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
03_Aggie
Ag_07 said:

Safe at Home said:

Maybe they could identify some dates from last year where big things that played a part in their run occurred and wear them then. Like 8/31. Would be somewhat random but pretty cool.
CFTXAG10
AG
So glad the organization got these right. Just beautiful....

Teddy Perkins
AG
Scroll right to see the meaning behind the design.

https://instagr.am/p/BhIJ-RqAfXm
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

The player's number is encrusted with diamonds, symbolizing the value of each individual's efforts.

So does Tony Sipp's number have no diamonds?
Farmer1906
AG
There are some ugly rings over the years.

2003 Marlins

2010 Giants

2005 White Sox

Any team from the 80s & 90s with just a color and a diamond (there are a few dozen)

Why is the Dodger one black?

Like us, I think the Cubs got it right and made a very nice looking ring.
bobinator
AG
I like orange for day games also.

But I'd also throw in some sort of complicated rule for when we break out the rainbows. Like, if the last friday game of the month is a home night game, rainbow time.

This year that would only be April, July and August.
CFTXAG10
AG
ClickClack
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Correa needs his chick to do that now
ClickClack
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Correa needs his chick to do that now

But she's not Kate upton
tjack16
AG
bobinator said:

I like orange for day games also.

But I'd also throw in some sort of complicated rule for when we break out the rainbows. Like, if the last friday game of the month is a home night game, rainbow time.

This year that would only be April, July and August.
orange during day games are awesome... we only do it on the road but they look great in the sunlight
bearkatag15
AG

Reddick upgraded to cleanup after his monster night last night and with Correa out today.
W
AG
since there's been some discussion about the hangover effect...

after winning the world series the prior season, the 2017 Cubs went 13-11 in April

the 2016 Royals were 12-11 in April.

the 2015 Giants were 9-13 in April

CFTXAG10
AG
I'll be playing hooky today in 155
BMX Bandit
roof open this afternoon
Max Power
AG
78669AG said:

I am not a stros fan but a fan of good baseball. My favorite team is the braves.

100 wins is a big accomplishment any season. I don't see them pushing for the wins records, baseball season has way too many ups and downs. Plus the Angels are a solid team, as are the Mariners. Lots of west coast road trips, 3 of our 4 division opponents are 2 time zones away, travel going to take a toll later in the season.
bobinator
AG
This might be a weird way of thinking about it, but I sort of hope we don't challenge for the wins record. Like I think going through that rough stretch together last year really brought the team together in a way that helped in the postseason.

Obviously injuries, Harvey, etc also played a big factor last season.

Of course the flip side is that if we do challenge for the wins record it means our team probably stayed healthy all season which would be nice.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 1260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.