Strasburg is a giant P and the Nats organization is a joke

1,946 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Coppell97
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this needs its own thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/stephen-strasburg-and-nationals-commit-biggest-error-of-the-season/2017/10/11/fdcab2de-ae81-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.9bd10b4311ad
Ag_07
AG
So they were gifted the weather delay and this is their response?

Quote:

"A lot of my team is under the weather with the change of weather and the air conditioning in the hotel and the air conditioning here," said Baker, who added the team had to change hotels Tuesday because theirs didn't have enough rooms to accommodate them for their extra night in Chicago. "It's just this time of the year for mold around Chicago I think it's mold. I mean, I have it, too."

Jesus Stasburg and that entire organization are giant Ps
Furlock Bones
AG
he and the organization have now been shamed into him starting.
Furlock Bones
AG
Strasburg is the ultimate in it for the money edition.
titanmaster_race
Wow. Something in the water in D.C. leads to sports teams who dominate the regular season and fizz out in the playoffs. It's like the Nationals and the Capitals are the same team.
Sex Panther
AG
One of the all time biggest pvssy moves I've ever seen. If I were a teammate I'd tell him to not even bother showing up.
Furlock Bones
AG
Sex Panther said:

One of the all time biggest pvssy moves I've ever seen. If I were a teammate I'd tell him to not even bother showing up.
no doubt.
W
AG
Strasburg seems like one of those guys...that plays baseball because he's good at it...not because he loves the game
Carlo4
AG
So don't start him in draft kings?

Asking for a friend...
AggieKO
AG
The Nats just like being like the rangers in the post season.
_lefraud_
AG
AggieKO said:

The Nats just like being like the rangers in the post season.
It took me a few tries, but I was finally able to read this "sentence". However, I am still unsure what this post is trying to say, and it got several stars! Must be a ton of illiterate 'stros fans out there.
Ag_07
AG
_lefraud_ said:

It took me a few tries, but I was finally able to read this "sentence".

I'll explain it for you

Quote:

Sentence - noun - a grammatical unit of one or more words that expresses an independent statement, question, request, command, exclamation, etc., and that typically has a subject as well as a predicate, as in John is here. or Is John here? In print or writing, a sentence typically begins with a capital letter and ends with appropriate punctuation; in speech it displays recognizable, communicative intonation patterns and is often marked by preceding and following pauses.

So the subject of said sentence is simply The Nats

And the predicate is 'just like being the rangers of the postseason'.

Therefore this is a perfectly written sentence and since you're the one that has trouble reading a perfectly written sentence I guess you're the illiterate one here.

And just to clarify

Quote:

Illiterate - adjective - unable to read and write

And yes there are a lot of Astro fans here because our season is still ongoing and we have a very vested interested in how these playoffs games turn out.
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

_lefraud_ said:

It took me a few tries, but I was finally able to read this "sentence".

I'll explain it for you

Quote:

Sentence - noun - a grammatical unit of one or more words that expresses an independent statement, question, request, command, exclamation, etc., and that typically has a subject as well as a predicate, as in John is here. or Is John here? In print or writing, a sentence typically begins with a capital letter and ends with appropriate punctuation; in speech it displays recognizable, communicative intonation patterns and is often marked by preceding and following pauses.

So the subject of said sentence is simply The Nats

And the predicate is 'just like being the rangers of the postseason'.

Actually...

just like being like the rangers in the post season

Therefore this is a perfectly written sentence and since you're the one that has trouble reading a perfectly written sentence I guess you're the illiterate one here.

And just to clarify

Quote:

Illiterate - adjective - unable to read and write

And yes there are a lot of Astro fans here because our season is still ongoing and we have a very vested interested in how these playoffs games turn out.

Ehh...the original sentence is nothing like what you are posting about. The original is a valid sentence but it is much more confusing than you let on.
astros4545
AG
Take it to the grammar board
astros4545
AG
Strasburg looking good early
titanmaster_race
Another boring cubs nats game
Texags is garbage
Any chance this was some kind of gamesmanship? I'm leaning towards the camp that Strasburg truly did ask not to start, but this was so strange.
jckrjr7
AG
Just got home...looks like he pitched 7 innings. Must be some fake news.
Forum Troll
AG
Weird story. Strasburg owned the Cubs this evening though.
TREX01
I think the Nats used the media to mess with the Cubs. No way the guy throws that gem if it's a mess in the locker room
Coppell97
AG
Strasbourg is a gamer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.