Kneeling during the National Anthem makes its way to baseball

3,850 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAggie2011
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bruce Maxwell of the A's just did it.
astros4545
AG
I am now swearing to boo his ass his entire career

I hope he takes a pitch to the face
CampingAg
AG
I was just remarking to a friend today how you don't see anthem protests in baseball because you actually have to have an IQ to play baseball.
jja79
AG
They want it to bother you. Ignore them, don't give traffic to the media covering it.
Ag_07
AG
With Trump's comments this weekend I have a feeling we're going to be seeing WAY more of this everywhere.
CorpsAg11
AG
I really don't care about kneeling during the national anthem. I wouldn't do it, but it doesn't bother me. We don't live in North Korea.

I do find it funny that all of the Fox News and Tomi Lahren outrage will take him from unknown backup to household name, just like Kap. Knowing that, I question the motivations of everyone doing this.
W
AG
where's Joe West when you need him?

should have ejected Maxwell immediately
Bones08
AG
Born in Germany on a military base. From a military family.

I'm sure everyone will assign their own value to how much that is worth, but at the least provides a bit more context.
astros4545
AG
Bones08 said:

Born in Germany on a military base. From a military family.

I'm sure everyone will assign their own value to how much that is worth, but at the least provides a bit more context.
It proves he is an attention hoor
BCSGrubber
AG
Corporal Punishment
AG
Who doesn't have a voice?
PatAg
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

I really don't care about kneeling during the national anthem. I wouldn't do it, but it doesn't bother me. We don't live in North Korea.

I do find it funny that all of the Fox News and Tomi Lahren outrage will take him from unknown backup to household name, just like Kap. Knowing that, I question the motivations of everyone doing this.

diehard03
Quote:

Who doesn't have a voice?

I think the bigger question is why they think there are people that don't have a voice.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's reached South Park episode status.
astros4545
AG
http://www.rocketcitynow.com/news/nationally-criticized-huntsville-waiter-speaks-out/844001446

Bruce Maxwell will get my best boo's possible

But hopefully he plays in the minors the rest of his career
Texags is garbage
Looked up his stats and definitely believe the waiter.
Aggie
AG
These morons... They want to bring awareness and attention because they believe there is racial inequality and racial injustice....what exactly do they want to happen?
Is there something specific they are waiting for?

Aggies2009
AG
Aggie said:

These morons... They want to bring awareness and attention because they believe there is racial inequality and racial injustice....what exactly do they want to happen?
Is there something specific they are waiting for?

No. And that's my biggest issue with this. They have no "victory" conditions. Their concept of "justice" is extremely abstract with Kaepernick even saying, "I'll stop kneeling when I feel racism has been ended".... So no concrete metric to go buy, just with Kaep feels like it. And that's why many people think it's nothing more than virtue signalling and trying to get attention, not actually trying to solve issues.
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggie said:

These morons... They want to bring awareness and attention because they believe there is racial inequality and racial injustice....what exactly do they want to happen? Is there something specific they are waiting for?
Kapernick and others want the stats that show blacks are punished more for the same crimes to change; they want stats that show unarmed blacks are more likely to be shot by police to go change, etc......you really don't grasp what "concrete metrics" are behind this?

He has specifically responded to and commented on the handling of a number of incidents--Alton Brown in Baton Rouge, Freddy Gray in Baltimore, etc.---wanting the results of similar events to be different in the future. You don't know what exactly they're protesting in reaction to? And what results they want(ed)?

Oh! And just special for the TexAgs crowd, he very specifically said Hillary Clinton ought to be in jail for the e-mail scandal.

Chiefs players cited Trump's response to the Charlottesville incident. So did this kid in Oakland.

Etc. Etc.
astros4545
AG
He should develop Robocop then

Unbiased as possible

Pretty sure more unarmed white people are already shot by police, and guess what, they deserved it in most cases
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Pretty sure more unarmed white people are already shot by police, and guess what, they deserved it in most cases
How are you going to be on the baseball board and not understand the difference between "more" and "more likely?"

In a nation with 6 times as many white people than blacks, one would certainly hope you're more than "pretty sure" "more" unarmed white people are shot than unarmed black people.
astros4545
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

How are you going to be on the baseball board and not understand the difference between "more" and "more likely?"

In a nation with 6 times as many white people than blacks, one would certainly hope you're more than "pretty sure" "more" unarmed white people are shot than unarmed black people.

Idiot

The rate is higher against whites too

They just don't break the law as much
TXAggie2011
AG

Quote:

The rate is higher against whites too

They just don't break the law as much
What does this even mean? If you're trying to say that whites that break the law are more likely to be shot, that's probably not true. (see table 3.)

Of course, blacks are much, much more likely to have an encounter with the police...and be killed...and in a police encounter, an unarmed black is much more likely to be killed than an unarmed white person.

A Bird's Eye View of Civilians Killed by Police in 2015 Further Evidence of Implicit Bias

Black Americans shot dead by police are twice as likely to be unarmed as white counterparts

Black men nearly 3 times as likely to die from police use of force, study says

Young black men again faced highest rate of US police killings in 2016

Police are more likely to kill black men, study finds
agsalaska
AG
Whatever. Stop kneeling during the anthem.
TXAggie2011
AG
agsalaska said:

Whatever. Stop kneeling during the anthem.
Well, now you're changing the subject on me. The anthem being the proper outlet is a whole other discussion than this recent little flurry; that I've not and not going to get into.

Folks here will go ahead and wrongly assume my views on that, but that's OK.
Texags is garbage
What a loser.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/10/29/mlbs-bruce-maxwell-who-knelt-during-anthem-is-arrested-on-gun-charge.amp.html
astros4545
AG
Unarmed whites are more likely to not act like idiots as opposed to unarmed blacks

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
That's an incredible article. He pulled a gun on a food delivery person, and before that, he claimed that he was refused service at a restaurant because he knelt? High character guy right there.

Quote:

Bruce Maxwell, the only Major League Baseball player to kneel during the national anthem this season, has been arrested on a gun charge.

The Oakland Athletics catcher allegedly pointed a gun at a female food delivery person in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Last week, Maxwell claimed during a visit to his hometown of Huntsville, Ala., that he was refused service at a restaurant because of his protest. But a waiter told Fox News that Maxwell was "outright lying," about what happened.

"I didn't even know who Bruce Maxwell was," waiter Matt Henry said.

Sex Panther
AG
What a massive piece of ****
txag72
AG
Way to represent your cause (whatever that is) dumb a.
TXAggie2011
AG
astros4545 said:

Unarmed whites are more likely to not act like idiots as opposed to unarmed blacks

What rate are you saying is higher for whites?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.