Betances vs Fiers

1,061 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CampingAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So apparently I completely missed that Dellin Betances got nothing for hitting McCann. How in the hell is the league as a whole not now throwing a fit that Mike Fiers gets five games for a ball that was slow and not even in the vicinity of Valbuena?

Given that the player who got nothing is a Yankee and the one who did is not and the individual deciding the punishment is a legendary Yankee, that sure as hell creates, at a minimum, the appearance of impropriety. You know, what got Joe West suspended because he made a joke?

And allowing the argument that it was a close game so Betances couldn't have been trying to hit him when someone got drilled in the head with a 100 mph fastball is absurd. That certainly didn't play for Matt Bush last year when he hit Bautista. I don't believe Betances intended to hit McCann in the head, but no thinking individual could possibly believe that wasn't intentional.
astros4545
AG
All teams are equal

But some teams are more equal than others
Bregxit
AG
Lucky #007 said:

I don't believe Betances intended to hit McCann in the head,

but no thinking individual could possibly believe that wasn't intentional.
Did you just say that you are not a thinking individual?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Ha. I should have been more clear. The bean ball was intentional but not the placement.
Mathguy64
AG
I actually think he was headhunting. And MLB and Joe Torre are tools. Betances should have gotten 15 games at a minimum.
gambochaman
AG
Meh
The only thing i'm upset about is that fiers suspension wasnt longer
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't care about Fiers at all. I do care about the disparity between the two given who made the decision.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Head hunting with a 100 MPH fastball would make him evil. No two ways about it. I just don't think he's that guy.
NotGibbs
I really think what it came down to was that Fiers admitted to throwing at/around him. Betances claimed the whole thing was an accident
CampingAg
AG
What was it about Fiers pitch that made it look so goofy? Looks like he was trying to throw a gyroball at him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.