***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,643 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Man, reading some of these takes I'm glad I didn't try to follow this thread all year

85% of the posters with the "woe is me" takes didn't hang around during the season.

And you'd think after watching this team battle back against good pitching all through the postseason, most notably in game 2 of this very series, that these chumps would chill out and show some faith in the team (or at the least show more restraint in posting).

But no.
titanmaster_race
Ecce Homo said:

another angry ag said:

He's hittable. Who wants to open up the floodgates in this line-up?

This is dumb, if he's hittable no one is unhittable. He is literally the least hittable guy in the history of baseball. Kershaw has the lowest hits/9 of any pitcher in MLB since the live ball era. Everyone stop acting like he's just a guy

Postseason Kershaw is just a guy.
titanmaster_race
Gigemags382 said:

Choke City
Post removed:
by user
titanmaster_race
irish pete ag06 said:

I hope all you menstruating beeotches who masturbate to posting "ballgame" turned it off and went to bed.

I love you pete
titanmaster_race
Ecce Homo said:

This is why the Dodgers are better than we are. Our hitting is about a push, our SP is a little better, their Bullpen is 50 times better
titanmaster_race
YouBet said:

I don't watch baseball but I wanted to comment that Bellinger seems like someone I would want to punch in the face.

He looks like he still bullies nerds in between innings
titanmaster_race
Great_I_Am said:

Hopefully the offense has some more magic in them tonight, this bullpen is complete trash.

You are a wizard. Great summary of Game 5.
titanmaster_race
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Maeda gonna come in. We will hit him.

Wizard
titanmaster_race
Buck Compton said:

Physically angry at Springer right now. He better hit one out off of Strip to start the bottom half.

And Liriano is who we have left...

It wasn't liriano, but it went yard!
titanmaster_race
Farmer1906 said:

I'm not sure Morrow will be effective. He's really pitching a ton for him. I say we jump on him.

Wizard
titanmaster_race
Mr.Bond said:

The streaker in USA underwear.... Fantastic. Crowd chanting U S A U S A

One of the best parts of the game.
titanmaster_race
j_davis01 said:

Anyone there that can attest to loudness of the crowd? Sounds freaking loud on TV

Insanely loud. Couldn't hear myself think at times. The "beat LA" chant was amazing.
titanmaster_race
mathguy86 said:

You can complain about our pen all you want but we have destroyed the pens for three straight teams. Just absolutely nuked them from orbit.
titanmaster_race
JABQ04 said:

Just wow. What a hell of a game and an effort by the boys. Simply amazing. All you poosays that bailed after the first stay the **** off. Kershaw is good by not unhittable. Jansen is good but not unhittable. Stop being beeches and back your team. You quit on them and they played the best WS game ever.

(Bull pen has some ****ing issues. OMFG)
titanmaster_race
Mr.Bond said:

Joel Embiid wearing dodgers jersey....while going nuts for the astros

https://sports.yahoo.com/joel-embiid-goes-nuts-wild-140230651.html

The entire 76ers crew was in a suite near where I was standing by the RF foul pole.
n_touch
Good morning! Heading down to Macks house to get me some tickets. I hope its not to crazy.
saltydog13
AG
End it today!
n_touch
third coast.. said:

What's the contest?

If it was to see which idiots could get im line first we lost.

Just a drawing
Aggie Athlete Involved
AG
What's it like at gallery right now?
n_touch
200 give or take and quickly growing

If you are coming up, park in the lot before you get to Gallery. The line is on the street ion the side. Gates havent opened yet.
n_touch
A whole lot more now
jkag89
mathguy86 said:

You can complain about our pen all you want but we have destroyed the pens for three straight teams. Just absolutely nuked them from orbit.
Yep. A major strength of both the damn Yankees and the effin' Dodgers yet the Astros bats have put the hurt upon those pens worse than our much maligned one. Let us also not forget the bullpen helped the team build the huge lead it enjoyed in the regular season despite injuries that sidelined our All-Star starters Keuchel & LMJ.
Aggie Athlete Involved
AG
Line is crazy long!
n_touch
Aggie Athlete Involved said:

Line is crazy long!

We were in the first 50 so we got signed up. A lot wont be included in the first one.
Aggie Athlete Involved
AG
In a line out back, won't make the first one
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Buck Compton said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Buck Compton said:

n_touch said:

Buck Compton said:

Too many wives monitoring these threads..... or staff posing as wives.....
Man I must really be lucky, mine has been sitting right by me through the playoffs and laughs. She was even watching it last night while I was outside.
My fiance just assumes when I say "my friend" and I'm talking about the Astros that I'm talking about this thread... but thankfully she doesn't care either

That's funny, Buck. Anything I carry out of this thread and discuss face to face with someone, I just say "I was talking about this with some astros' buddies of mine"

We are 1 big family on this thread and it's a lot like a real family. There are some we don't wanna claim and some that are a little more, ahem, eccentric than others, but nonetheless, we've all been here all year and I love talking ball with yal.
Yep. One big happy, dysfunctional family. Win or lose it's a lot of fun talking baseball with you guys. Thankfully just need to get one more to get to a redass 112 on the season.
I've waxed and waned on if I thought this team could stay healthy or get here, and even given up on the thread for a few weeks in august when it was especially bad. But we are one win away and I know I won't sleep well tonight, just waiting to come back here to root for my first sports love to finally reach the mountaintop.

Verlander is going to get us there. I can feel it.

I find it amusing that TexAggers seem to do this as a whole. I do exactly the same thing.
agsquirrel97
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

RangerRick9211 said:

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?month=10&day=29&year=2017&game=gid_2017_10_29_lanmlb_houmlb_1%2F

Good zone last night as well. So many casuals taking the Fox overlay as gospel and running to Twitter to complain about it, e.g. Seager's K.
If you look at 10/25 chart from Game 2, Verlander was not getting the slider call low and away against RHH. Hopefully he can establish that corner early and we can see a Titanic Baseball tweet of him striking out Chase Utley pinch hit for a CG.
It was his inside stuff miss-called against RHH in that game. That's 3 definite and 3 maybe strikes missed.

But then he got those calls against LHH.

That is the strike zone from Umps point of view, so those pitches against RHH that are on the right side are his sliders moving away. The RHH is standing on left in Umps POV
Ag_07
AG
So what's the plan for tonight?

Obviously you ride Verlander until his arm falls off, but let's say he gassed after 7 and we're up by 2-3. Who comes in for the final 6 outs?

Dallas for 1, Morton for 1, McCullers for 6? Is Lance untouchable tonight so he can start tomorrow if need be? If he does come in relief who pitches tomorrow?
Wizard
In that scenario I'd pitch LMJ and let Morton know he'd be the guy for Game 7.

Honestly, as crazy as it sounds, I'm not afraid to bring in Gregerson until he shows sign of trouble.
gigemJTH12
AG
I think it depends on the score. If you have a small lead you go Lance I think.

Then tomorrow you have Morton/Peacock/Keuchel.
gigemJTH12
AG
I cannot believe we are underdogs for tonight.

+103 right now.

I honestly think we kill them.
JakAg93
AG
Would anyone be comfortable putting in Musgrove?
ClickClack
AG
We were -120 yesterday. Moved a good amount. MGM has us at +110 now for game 6.
TREX01
You do what is necessary to win tonight. If game 7 is played you hope the bats carry you.
First Page Last Page
Page 1524 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.