***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,655 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ScienceGal86 said:

Guys, I have some bad news. Someone else will need to take over good luck Kate duties. Mathguy has been given an all expense paid 7 day trip to Antarctica to study the ratio of penguin guano depth to permafrost temperature during the all important Emperor Penguin mating season. It was something he couldn't turn down. He does have his phone and will be able to keep up with the game thread but bandwidth in Antarctica doesn't really let him post. He said he's sorry he had to leave but he really had to go. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Sincerely,
ScienceGal (AKA: Mrs. MathGuy)

ScienceRallyGal!!!
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Frok
AG
24 hours!

I've been in a continual state of nerves since last night. An Astros victory is the relief I need.
mwm
In other words, has MathGuy been grounded?
Buck Compton
AG
RIP mathguy

Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
screw-tu
Love it....
JABQ04
AG
ScienceGal86 said:

Guys, I have some bad news. Someone else will need to take over good luck Kate duties. Mathguy has been given an all expense paid 7 day trip to Antarctica to study the ratio of penguin guano depth to permafrost temperature during the all important Emperor Penguin mating season. It was something he couldn't turn down. He does have his phone and will be able to keep up with the game thread but bandwidth in Antarctica doesn't really let him post. He said he's sorry he had to leave but he really had to go. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Sincerely,

screw-tu
What a bunch of BS, staph. We need mathguy to help close this out!
mwm
I'd tell ScienceGal "Rule #1", but then I'd get grounded, too. Maybe one if other guys are more brave than am I.
n_touch
Its all good... astros4545 has it on lockdown anyway. I would guess there is some research going on tonight.
spadilly
S
Frok said:

24 hours!

I've been in a continual state of nerves since last night. An Astros victory is the relief I need.

I'm so tired that I have no nerves tonight. The night off is welcome.

I'm confident I'll be a giant, unproductive ball of stress when I wake up tomorrow.
Buck Compton
AG
n_touch said:

Its all good... astro4545 has it on lockdown anyway. I would guess there is some research going on tonight.
At the beginning of the playoffs, I promised an 11-post blast (one for each playoff win) to go down in glory if we won the WS. I really don't want to lose this username, but I'll gladly pay that price for a WS win.
K1372e
ScienceGal86 said:

Sincerely,

Oddly enough... jah003 has been offered the same trip. But get this... for a full 14 Days! Quite the opportunity indeed.

Sincerely,
K1372e (AKA: Mrs. jah003)
Buck Compton
AG
Too many wives monitoring these threads..... or staff posing as wives.....
n_touch
Buck Compton said:

Man I must really be lucky, mine has been sitting right by me through the playoffs and laughs. She was even watching it last night while I was outside.
Buck Compton
AG
n_touch said:

Buck Compton said:

Man I must really be lucky, mine has been sitting right by me through the playoffs and laughs. She was even watching it last night while I was outside.
My fiance just assumes when I say "my friend" and I'm talking about the Astros that I'm talking about this thread... but thankfully she doesn't care either
CFTXAG10
AG
SIAP
Buck Compton
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

SIAP

I really shouldn't be getting psyched the night before the game considering I haven't slept since then.......
astros4545
AG
n_touch said:

Its all good... astros4545 has it on lockdown anyway. I would guess there is some research going on tonight.

She heard Yuli is coming to visit
Anticipation is palpable

irish pete ag06
AG
Buck Compton said:

n_touch said:

Buck Compton said:

My fiance just assumes when I say "my friend" and I'm talking about the Astros that I'm talking about this thread... but thankfully she doesn't care either

That's funny, Buck. Anything I carry out of this thread and discuss face to face with someone, I just say "I was talking about this with some astros' buddies of mine"

We are 1 big family on this thread and it's a lot like a real family. There are some we don't wanna claim and some that are a little more, ahem, eccentric than others, but nonetheless, we've all been here all year and I love talking ball with yal.
Pahdz
That's any thread on this site. On the Entertainment board TCTTS is everyone's "friend that works in showbiz"
aTm2004
AG
That was awesome.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
klsmith89
AG
This series and this postseason is like a dream. We are so ready for our title
Buck Compton
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Buck Compton said:

n_touch said:

Buck Compton said:

That's funny, Buck. Anything I carry out of this thread and discuss face to face with someone, I just say "I was talking about this with some astros' buddies of mine"

We are 1 big family on this thread and it's a lot like a real family. There are some we don't wanna claim and some that are a little more, ahem, eccentric than others, but nonetheless, we've all been here all year and I love talking ball with yal.
Yep. One big happy, dysfunctional family. Win or lose it's a lot of fun talking baseball with you guys. Thankfully just need to get one more to get to a redass 112 on the season.

I've waxed and waned on if I thought this team could stay healthy or get here, and even given up on the thread for a few weeks in august when it was especially bad. But we are one win away and I know I won't sleep well tonight, just waiting to come back here to root for my first sports love to finally reach the mountaintop.

Verlander is going to get us there. I can feel it.
Ag_07
AG
Rewatching the game on MLB Network and still can't look away even though I've seen it before. Truly incredible game.

And there were a couple plays that ended up being HUGE...

A) The sac bunt right at Peacock that he hosed Turner at 3B
B) The fly ball to Reddick in the 8th in which Taylor didn't tag when his coach was telling him to. Throw was off line and not sure if he is out. Regardless it was a good play by Reddick that saved a run.

And I think Smoltz made a good point about Devo. I think maybe he needs to stop throwing his FB to set up his CU but maybe start throwing his CU to set up his FB.

Anyways just a few things I've picked up on after rewatching.
maca1028
Pahdz said:

That's any thread on this site. On the Entertainment board TCTTS is everyone's "friend that works in showbiz"

Add bilbobag on the Texans thread as that "friend" that's close to the team.
Couldn't agree more with Irish! I've been on and off the ledge several times throughout this season and Irish has always been one of the ones to pull me back from the edge. Thanks for always staying positive man!
Buck Compton
AG
Ag_07 said:

Rewatching the game on MLB Network and still can't look away even though I've seen it before. Truly incredible game.

And there were a couple plays that ended up being HUGE...

A) The sac bunt right at Peacock that he hosed Turner at 3B
B) The fly ball to Reddick in the 8th in which Taylor didn't tag when his coach was telling him to. Throw was off line and not sure if he is out. Regardless it was a good play by Reddick that saved a run.

And I think Smoltz made a good point about Devo. I think maybe he needs to stop throwing his FB to set up his CU but maybe start throwing his CU to set up his FB.

Anyways just a few things I've picked up on after rewatching.
Two huge plays. I was probably cheering louder on the Turner out at third as I was most of the homers.
CoachRTM
AG
I can't be the only one who sees a resemblance between Alex Bregman and Johnny Football, right?

Not talking about physical looks, but the way they play their respective game. Confident, borderline cocky, and they play balls to the wall at all times.

Maybe I'm crazy.
spadilly
S
Mattress Mack is giving away 5 pairs of tickets to the WS game tomorrow. Win the tickets early I n the morning, then meet at the private terminal at Hobby, fly there and back for the game. Dude is a legend.

Details here:

https://www.galleryfurniture.com/houston-astros-world-series
InnerCityAg
Texaggie7nine said:

Hey guys. Since there is no game tonight, let's all hop over to the Houston Dynamo thread and cheer on our Dynamo's in their Playoff game tonight.

Ag_07
AG
spadilly said:

Dude is a genius.

FIFY

He'll have thousands of people at his store when only 1 will win this thing.

It's an absolutely genius marketing strategy he uses.
Bonfired
AG
CoachRTM said:

I can't be the only one who sees a resemblance between Alex Bregman and Johnny Football, right?

Not talking about physical looks, but the way they play their respective game. Confident, borderline cocky, and they play balls to the wall at all times.

Maybe I'm crazy.

No, I don't think you are crazy...Bregman is the lead trash talker on the team, at least outwardly, and seems to play better when the lights are brightest. Two dingers off of Sale in the ALDS, huge defensive play in Game 7 against the Yankees to cut down a run, and did it again this series, then last night's clutchness.

I still can't believe I was at that game last night. It feels like a dream.

You reprobates are all right, even if I did want to pinch a few of y'alls heads off in August...heh.

I will stick with tradition and go radio silent once the game starts tomorrow.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'm still a little in shock and still very tired from last night/ this morning.

Getting to experience that in person was awesome. Experiencing it with my dad was legendary. I'll never forget it that's for sure.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
spadilly said:

Mattress Mack is giving away 5 pairs of tickets to the WS game tomorrow. Win the tickets early I n the morning, then meet at the private terminal at Hobby, fly there and back for the game. Dude is a legend.

Details here:

n_touch
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

spadilly said:

Details here:

I know where I will be at 5 am
n_touch
Need to close it out tomorrow night so I can finish this.

First Page Last Page
Page 1522 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.