***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,961 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
diehard03
Quote:

It kinda seems like Roberts panics and removes guys that maybe should get a chance to work through a bit of struggle. Was it game 2 where he was down to his last bullpen pitcher when we won?

It's a fine line between mismanagement and making the changes that give you the best chance to win/extend the game based on the present information.

That said, I think pitching Jansen 7-8 (with Springer up 1st in 7th) was a missed opportunity for the Dodgers.
TexasRebel
AG
WES2006AG said:

TexasRebel said:

I almost want this to go to 7 games simply to get to play in November.
NO

The Astros have never played in November before.
Furlock Bones
AG
TexasRebel said:

WES2006AG said:

TexasRebel said:

NO

and they don't need to.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
aTm2004
AG
TexasRebel said:

WES2006AG said:

TexasRebel said:

NO

Don't care and don't want to see them start. We're Aggies and should be scared of playing in November.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
jkag89
TexasRebel said:

WES2006AG said:

TexasRebel said:

NO

No need to start now if there is no need to. With the current core of players there should be future opportunities to extend the season into November.
bobinator
AG
Why don't we score like 35 runs and make them change pitchers 100 times and the game could end after midnight central time. I'd count that. Two birds with one stone and all that.
Ecce Homo
TexasRebel said:

WES2006AG said:

TexasRebel said:

NO

WHO CARES?? I want the SERIES baby, screw November.
3rdGen2015
AG
bobinator said:

Why don't we score like 35 runs and make them change pitchers 100 times and the game could end after midnight central time. I'd count that. Two birds with one stone and all that.
Let's beat them so bad they have to finish the game with a position player on the mound. In a 9 inning game.
Ecce Homo
3rdGen2015 said:

bobinator said:

Let's beat them so bad they have to finish the game with a position player on the mound. In a 9 inning game.
I've been secretly hoping for that the whole series with the amount of times they've changed pitchers. I want them to have to lean on Morrow in the 7th, because they've blown everyone else. And the dude is up to 60 pitches, and his arm is about to fall off; and he just can't take it, so they have to put f'ing Puig into the mound and stick a reliever in RF.
NotGibbs
TexasRebel said:

WES2006AG said:

TexasRebel said:

NO

Astros have never won in November. They'd be destined to lose
jkag89
bobinator said:

But they will be playing on the left coast and for the game to "officially" extend into November wouldn't it need to finish after midnight Pacific Time? I'm sorry I do not want to wait til 2:00 AM to celebrate with an early wake up call for me on Wednesday. What I need is Verlander to just take control and quickly dash the hopes of the effin' Dodgers.
Furlock Bones
AG
could you imagine getting plunked by Puig? he'd turn you to dust.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
nbbob
Apparently a lot of money has come in on the Astros from ticket brokers hedging against not having a game 7.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
bobinator said:

or better yet: how about Verlander throws a no hitter and we are at the bars by 9:30 on Halloween night ogling the hotties dressed up like s|vtty [insert occupation here] and celebrating a World Series wIn.

Because honestly I feel like it's the least he can do for his fan base considering the $30m+ he gets paid. At least give his fans a shot at drunk Kate wannabes dressed in skimpy French maid outfits.
Ecce Homo
blindey said:

bobinator said:

or better yet: how about Verlander throws a no hitter and we are at the bars by 9:30 on Halloween night ogling the hotties dressed up like s|vtty [insert occupation here] and celebrating a World Series wIn.

Because honestly I feel like it's the least he can do for his fan base considering the $30m+ he gets paid. At least give his fans a shot at drunk Kate wannabes dressed in skimpy French maid outfits.
I'm going to have to check with my wife on this; but go ahead and make sure you just use pencil when you write my name in.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
This is a forgiveness instead of permission situation. Tell her that you were at the bar with the guys watching the game and it took forever to get an Uber under $150 so you ended up at the "bar" next door and the red mark on your neck is a mosquito bite.
AgDC
Trains are cool.

n_touch
Everybody make sure to get a good night's rest tonight. I think days off are just as much for the fans in a series like this.
annie88
AG
75AG said:

Cromagnum said:

75AG said:

ClickClack said:

75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

EEECSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
2) when was it removed and why?
Yes, there was a hill with a flag in play. It was a stupid 436.
It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.
Like the stupid train. I was hoping Crane would junk that toy.

**** you
What do you have against Bobby Dynamite?!?!?!?

That guy has worked for this just as hard as all the players
I love Bobby Dynamite! I love Orbit. I loved Chester Charge! I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.

I think you're cheesy and we should get rid of you.
Been a 'stros fan since the '45's. You can't get rid of me. But the train is still cheesy. But ****mthe train discusssion. We win this thing tomorrow night!!!

You realize Minutemade Park was built where Union Station was right?

I do! And it hasn't been a train station in over 50 years. Bobby should riding a rocket ship, not a dang train. We're the gotdamn Astros, not the choo choo's. But my rants over. We're 27 outs away from something I waited a lifetime for!
You are wrong. Love the train. Go Astros!
Bassmaster
AG
I don't read this thread during the games, but I just caught up on the last 75 pages or so. It is rather entertaining reading the emotional posts while knowing what is going to happen. Some of you are big pansies, some are eternal optimists, and some are clairvoyant (and many more are the exact opposite of clairvoyant). Regardless, I love all of you b*astards. Let's finish them tomorrow! Go 'Stros!
1836er
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

bobinator said:

I was thinking we should beat them so bad that we can finish with Fischer on the mound.
Post removed:
by user
The Milkman
AG
And now you want to give me yours?
rgt99
Finally able to log in, man that had to be the best game I have ever seen, in any sporting event. So much emotion. This team is something special, I think we take that energy and take it in 6!! These guys are having too much fun and are relentless.
TexasRebel
AG
AgDC said:

Trains are cool.

I feel like someone completely underestimated how much a GP-20 weighs...
BTKAG97
AG
CT75 said:

Switching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
2) when was it removed and why?
1) Yes
2) Last offseason. It was idiotic
Kashchei
AG
Bassmaster said:

I don't read this thread during the games, but I just caught up on the last 75 pages or so. It is rather entertaining reading the emotional posts while knowing what is going to happen. Some of you are big pansies,some are eternal optimists, and some are clairvoyant (and many more are the exact opposite of clairvoyant). Regardless, I love all of you b*astards. Let's finish them tomorrow! Go 'Stros!

I'm a pansy and I'm proud! Expect more doom and gloom from me tomorrow.
ScienceGal86
Guys, I have some bad news. Someone else will need to take over good luck Kate duties. Mathguy has been given an all expense paid 7 day trip to Antarctica to study the ratio of penguin guano depth to permafrost temperature during the all important Emperor Penguin mating season. It was something he couldn't turn down. He does have his phone and will be able to keep up with the game thread but bandwidth in Antarctica doesn't really let him post. He said he's sorry he had to leave but he really had to go. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Sincerely,
ScienceGal (AKA: Mrs. MathGuy)
AustinAg2K
bobinator said:

This scenario still doesn't give me any confidence if we have to go to the pen.
Pahdz
Ecce Homo
ScienceGal86 said:

Guys, I have some bad news. Someone else will need to take over good luck Kate duties. Mathguy has been given an all expense paid 7 day trip to Antarctica to study the ratio of penguin guano depth to permafrost temperature during the all important Emperor Penguin mating season. It was something he couldn't turn down. He does have his phone and will be able to keep up with the game thread but bandwidth in Antarctica doesn't really let him post. He said he's sorry he had to leave but he really had to go. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Sincerely,
astros4545
AG
ScienceGal86 said:

Sincerely,

TXAG14
[Posting images with blocked words is that same as posting the word. -Staff]
BTKAG97
AG
ScienceGal86 said:

Sincerely,
Page 1500 will never be the same.
First Page Last Page
Page 1521 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.