***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,909 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Drew_Hill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WelchAg said:

Drew_Hill said:

WelchAg said:

Drew_Hill said:

WelchAg said:

Drew_Hill said:

WelchAg said:

Drew_Hill said:

So our 4th starter on short rest would be the starting pitcher for Game 7? That doesn't sound fun.

4 days rest isn't super worriesome. Then you have Keuchel and peacock on 3 days rest as well
3 days for Morton and 2 for Keuchel/Peacock.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...that's 4 days rest for Morton. Others are 1 behind him.
How is he resting on Wednesday if he is pitching on Wednesday?
He isn't pitching in the morning. He is technically getting 3 days and 22 hours of rest.
Ha ok. In baseball if you pitch on Saturday and then on Wednesday it is considered 3 days rest which is short rest. Its pretty simple.
I always took 3 days rest to mean we skip 2 guys in the rotation. Man following baseball my whole life and have I seriously been wrong on this???
Yeah this is embarrassing for you. Lets just move on and pretend this never happened.
75AG
AG
Cromagnum said:

75AG said:

ClickClack said:

75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

EEECSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
2) when was it removed and why?
Yes, there was a hill with a flag in play. It was a stupid 436.
It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.
Like the stupid train. I was hoping Crane would junk that toy.

**** you
What do you have against Bobby Dynamite?!?!?!?

That guy has worked for this just as hard as all the players
I love Bobby Dynamite! I love Orbit. I loved Chester Charge! I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.

I think you're cheesy and we should get rid of you.
Been a 'stros fan since the '45's. You can't get rid of me. But the train is still cheesy. But ****mthe train discusssion. We win this thing tomorrow night!!!

You realize Minutemade Park was built where Union Station was right?

I do! And it hasn't been a train station in over 50 years. Bobby should riding a rocket ship, not a dang train. We're the gotdamn Astros, not the choo choo's. But my rants over. We're 27 outs away from something I waited a lifetime for!
JDUB08AG
AG
Ok I may be digging deeper here, but its an off day. I really may be taking crazy pills.

M - T - W - Th - F

If Keuchel throws Monday, you are saying on 3 days rest he doesn't throw again until Friday? Even though its almost 4 full days between throwing pitches?
Cromagnum
AG
75AG said:

Cromagnum said:

75AG said:

ClickClack said:

75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

EEECSwitching gears a bit....I have followed this franchise since their inception in '62; however, lost touch some when MMP was first opened. Questions:

1) wasn't there a hill or some weird built in anomaly in deep center when the park first opened?
It was removed this year because they wanted to fix it up (more rev) and get rid of that stupid deep center that was hurting the team.
Both the flag pole in play and the silly hill were features found in old long gone parks. Of course these features in the old parks were due to the fact of fitting a park into available space while putting them into MM was just gimmicky.

**** you

I love Bobby Dynamite! I love Orbit. I loved Chester Charge! I loved those astronaut grounds keepers! And the usherettes with Astrodome-looking hats! I just think the train is cheesy.

Been a 'stros fan since the '45's. You can't get rid of me. But the train is still cheesy. But ****mthe train discusssion. We win this thing tomorrow night!!!

I do! And it hasn't been a train station in over 50 years. Bobby should riding a rocket ship, not a dang train. We're the gotdamn Astros, not the choo choo's. But my rants over. We're 27 outs away from something I waited a lifetime for!

What did that train ever do to you?

astros4545
AG
TXAG14 said:

Holy hell! That has to be all Verlander.

No

That's basic statistics

50% X 50% = 25%
BowSowy
AG
WelchAg said:

Ok I may be digging deeper here, but its an off day. I really may be taking crazy pills.

M - T - W - Th - F

If Keuchel throws Monday, you are saying on 3 days rest he doesn't throw again until Friday? Even though its almost 4 full days between throwing pitches?
Yes, days of rest = # of complete days between outings (not including the days of the outings). Pitching M and then F is pitching on 3 days rest.
WES2006AG
AG
WelchAg said:

M - T - W - Th - F

Are you just trolling now?
Texaggie7nine
75AG said:

Cromagnum said:

75AG said:

ClickClack said:

75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

**** you

You think a train is cheesy but you want them to install some fake spaceship that flies across outfield?
7nine
HotardAg07
AG
First, your prioirity should be to win Game 6 at all costs, if you have a chance to win Game 6. Therefore, it doesn't matter that you'd have to start Morton on short rest in Game 7 if you have a chance to win in Game 6 right in front of you. In that situation, with a lead, how could you pitch anyone other than McCullers? Who else has given you the confidence they can get it done?

And if you have to start Morton on short rest in Game 7, whooptie doo. It's the World Series Game 7, all hands will be on deck anyways. He probably would have pitched in Game 7 whether he or McCullers started anyways.
JDUB08AG
AG
WES2006AG said:

WelchAg said:

M - T - W - Th - F

Are you just trolling now?
I swear I'm not. I'm completely out of it today. I will stop now.
Cromagnum
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

75AG said:

Cromagnum said:

75AG said:

ClickClack said:

75AG said:

astros4545 said:

75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CT75 said:

**** you

You think a train is cheesy but you want them to install some fake spaceship that flies across outfield?

75AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
HotardAg07 said:

First, your prioirity should be to win Game 6 at all costs, if you have a chance to win Game 6. Therefore, it doesn't matter that you'd have to start Morton on short rest in Game 7 if you have a chance to win in Game 6 right in front of you. In that situation, with a lead, how could you pitch anyone other than McCullers? Who else has given you the confidence they can get it done?

And if you have to start Morton on short rest in Game 7, whooptie doo. It's the World Series Game 7, all hands will be on deck anyways. He probably would have pitched in Game 7 whether he or McCullers started anyways.

This times eleventy billion.
75AG
AG
If that sumbeech flew all around MMP and landed again on the track? Hell yeah!!
Gigemags382
AG
What's the story on Rich Hill? 37 years old. Looks like he hardly pitched between 2008-2015 and then all of a sudden has a solid ERA and # of innings in 2016-2017.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Gigemags382 said:

What's the story on Rich Hill? 37 years old. Looks like he hardly pitched between 2008-2015 and then all of a sudden has a solid ERA and # of innings in 2016-2017.
Can he handle slick balls?
NotGibbs
75AG said:

If that sumbeech flew all around MMP and landed again on the track? Hell yeah!!

Since when do spaceships land on train tracks?
HotardAg07
AG
Gigemags382 said:

He's had troubles staying healthy. In his entire career this is only the 3rd time he's pitched over 100 innings.
REMtx
Not a spaceship, but the train time machine at the end of Back to the Future 3 would work.
backintexas2013
AG
Dodgers are going to have a short leash on all their pitchers. If anyone gets into any trouble the bullpen will immediately get to working. Everyone but Kershaw will be out in the pen. He has shown to have a quick hook. It gets even quicker tomorrow night.
RangerRick9211
AG
HotardAg07 said:

Gigemags382 said:

He's had troubles staying healthy. In his entire career this is only the 3rd time he's pitched over 100 innings.
Poor dude lost a perfect game in the bottom of the 9th on an error earlier this season.
Silent For Too Long
REMtx said:

Not a spaceship, but the train time machine at the end of Back to the Future 3 would work.

I'll accept it. Will also be a good source of revenue for any sips in attendance.
Schrute
backintexas2013 said:

Dodgers are going to have a short leash on all their pitchers. If anyone gets into any trouble the bullpen will immediately get to working. Everyone but Kershaw will be out in the pen. He has shown to have a quick hook. It gets even quicker tomorrow night.
Good! Their bullpen got spent last night (like ours). Morrow had nothing left last night and the Dodgers paid for it. I'm all for Roberts using the bullpen the way he has. No one in the Astros lineup is scared of anyone in that bullpen, so bring them on out....
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
I love the train

BowSowy
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Quick hooks should work well for us. It kinda seems like Roberts panics and removes guys that maybe should get a chance to work through a bit of struggle. Was it game 2 where he was down to his last bullpen pitcher when we won?
75AG
AG
It's gotta land somewhere. And we already have tracks.
Cromagnum
AG
backintexas2013
AG
Agreed it's better for us. Sometimes pitchers need to work through some issues. He doesn't have the luxury. It's Sammy Wholestaff and quick.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

TexasRebel
AG
I almost want this to go to 7 games simply to get to play in November.
WES2006AG
AG
TexasRebel said:

I almost want this to go to 7 games simply to get to play in November.
NO
Texaggie7nine
Hey guys. Since there is no game tonight, let's all hop over to the Houston Dynamo thread and cheer on our Dynamo's in their Playoff game tonight.
7nine
Agnzona
Is Reddick the only Astros starter without a WS home run? And has a team ever had every starter hit at least one dinger?
DBill
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Hey guys. Since there is no game tonight, let's all hop over to the Houston Dynamo thread and cheer on our Dynamo's in their Playoff game tonight.

With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on.
Mr.Bond
AG
DBill said:

Texaggie7nine said:

With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on.

If you don't chew Big Red..... Then **** you
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

First Page Last Page
Page 1520 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.