***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,994 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drinking the coffee in mass quantities, but I am still pretty fired up from last night. A few thoughts I keep coming back to....

-The Answer: We had an answer for everything. 4-1? 4-4. 7-4? 7-7. No moment too big for our guys.
-Dirty Ethier: Even with the W I am still pissed about him pulling that stunt late in the game. It was dirty and the hate is still flowing through me.
-Brian McCann: I just am running out of things to say about this guy. The clubhouse loves him. He comes up huge with a homer for insurance that was probably one of the biggest differences in the game. Then puts together a tough AB to draw the walk which eventually led to getting Fisher out on the field to pinch run for the W. This guy has been incredible even on the defensive side with settling down pitchers and catching great games. What a monstrous acquisition and addition to this team.

Lastly, Alex Freaking Bregman....No Words....1 More!
Furlock Bones
AG
my earliest sports memories are my mom packing KFC chicken littles in her purse to go to the Astrodome.

when i was like 7 they had a deal where area little league champs got to walk on the field before a game. i remember being in awe of how cavernous the Dome was from the field.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
gambochaman
AG
I AM EXHAUSTED

I DONT EVEN CARE
irish pete ag06
AG
Wow. That actually was really well done.
TXAG14
aTm2004 said:

mathguy86 said:

I'm about to try to teach class. Yeah. This should be entertaining.
Alright class, today's lesson is how to google Kate Upton gifs and properly post them to a public forum.
FIFY
NotGibbs
Last night was absolutely incredible. I've traveled coast to coast for sporting events, but that one easily blew every other game I've ever been to out of the water. Since I've recently graduated and I'm finally making money, I was able to treat my dad to the game last night. It was definitely a special night that will never be forgotten. Absolutely one of the most exciting nights of my life
jr15aggie
AG
scoodogg said:

bobinator said:

Baseball!!! A Michael Bay Film.
Holy crap I laughed so hard... amazing tweet and post!
CT75
AG
I never thought I would be able to say this....but games 2 and 5 have atoned for the heart-wrenching playoff losses to the Phillies in '80 and Mets in '86.

I hope the boys can finish it off....but feel relieved that when I pass to the next plane I won't be grumbling about those two games!
1836er
AG
mathguy86 said:

I'm about to try to teach class. Yeah. This should be entertaining.

Haha, I'm in the same boat as you today. Good luck!
Furlock Bones
AG
scoodogg said:

bobinator said:

Baseball!!! A Michael Bay Film.
damn it. this POTD material.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
AnyOtherName
AG
My dvr ran out with 2 batters to go. Thank God for online replay.
jr15aggie
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Crying... I'm not crying... who said I was crying. I'm not crying... at all!
The Kraken
AG
I am hurting so much right now. Need the George Costanza nap desk.
3B Paul 97
AG
Did anyone else think Fisher might have missed the bag at third as the play was happening? As wild as the game was, I afraid to celebrate right away as I wanted to be sure there wasn't a challenge.
jkag89
mathguy86 said:

We get 3 more to tie it and Kate will be taking it off.

I was not on TexAgs during the game but love to read threads of crazy games after the fact so I'll ask now this simple question, why ask only for a three spot for a tie?
ClickClack
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

My random and incoherent thoughts on last night, and any single one of these things would have been something I talked about for the next week.

Bregman gets the best AB's, he absolutely battles his ass off with a short compact swing, so fast through the zone. Literally Love this man.

Altuve practically hitting the gas pump - that was a grown man hit. I literally love this man.

Correa with the 6 second homerun - it was like Carlton Fisk waving it fair, no one knew if it was gone or not. I literally love this man.

Yelling at Springer before his at bat to atone with a walk, DO NOT SWING OUT OF YOUR SHOES! I still can not convince my wife that his ball did not inadvertently set off the firework, what a shot. I literally love this man.

I don't bang a lot of pots, but I was so pissed at the pinch run for McCann. With 2 outs I was convinced that was the move that would ultimately cost us the game. Never been so happy to be wrong.

ONE MORE BABY!!!!

I literally love you and am literally ecstatic you're not the Astros manager.
ClickClack
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Drinking the coffee in mass quantities, but I am still pretty fired up from last night. A few thoughts I keep coming back to....

-The Answer: We had an answer for everything. 4-1? 4-4. 7-4? 7-7. No moment too big for our guys.
-Dirty Ethier: Even with the W I am still pissed about him pulling that stunt late in the game. It was dirty and the hate is still flowing through me.
-Brian McCann: I just am running out of things to say about this guy. The clubhouse loves him. He comes up huge with a homer for insurance that was probably one of the biggest differences in the game. Then puts together a tough AB to draw the walk which eventually led to getting Fisher out on the field to pinch run for the W. This guy has been incredible even on the defensive side with settling down pitchers and catching great games. What a monstrous acquisition and addition to this team.

Lastly, Alex Freaking Bregman....No Words....1 More!

What did Ethier do..?
JYDog90
AG
Hard slide into Altuve at second that upended him.
Wizard
After the game last night watched post game coverage until 1am.
Tried to go to sleep but couldn't stop thinking about the nightmare 3 runs given up by Devo in the ninth and almost costing us the game; the rest of the game still barely feels like reality. Got up at 2am and chugged two Love Streets to calm me the eff down.
Not 100% I fell asleep last night from rewinding the the countless pivotal moments in that game.
wangus12
AG
willie wonka said:

Which was also wayyyy late.
BTKAG97
BTKAG97
AG
Up-to-Date WS Stats
ClickClack
AG
willie wonka said:

Oh yeah. Not sure if that was dirty but scared me for a second.
Mr.Bond
AG
Hulla Baller said:

My homo meter is in full effect..... It. Got dusty watching that
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

3B Paul 97
AG
Altuve tried to jump out of the way and he popped up into him. No need for that as the force out was recorded.
Wabs
AG
BTKAG97 said:

Up-to-Date WS Stats
Turner batting .150 in this WS is amazing. Hopefully he keeps it up....
BTKAG97
AG
Wizard said:

Tried to go to sleep but couldn't stop thinking about the nightmare 3 runs given up by Devo in the ninth and almost costing us the game; the rest of the game still barely feels like reality. Got up at 2am and chugged two Love Streets to calm me the eff down.
Not 100% I fell asleep last night from rewinding the the countless pivotal moments in that game.
Though Puig's HR should not be blamed on Devenski. How the hell he muscled that thing in the Crawford boxes is unbelievable.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/30/yasiel-puig-home-run-sparks-dodgers-ninth-inning-comeback-video
TXAG14
NSIAP.

Farmer1906
AG
George Springer has been straight mashing.

World Series #s
4 BB
6 SO
5 Runs
4 RBI
3 HRs

Correa is next, but he doesn't have the power or walks George has.
Buck Compton
AG
Based on the latest stats, Springer would be the WS MVP if it was over today. Time to go win the whole damn thing tomorrow.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Wabs
AG
Buck Compton said:

Based on the latest stats, Springer would be the WS MVP if it was over today. Time to go win the whole damn thing tomorrow.
Or JV with a CG shutout to win the whole damn thing....
titanmaster_race
BTKAG97 said:

Wizard said:

Though Puig's HR should not be blamed on Devenski. How the hell he muscled that thing in the Crawford boxes is unbelievable.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/30/yasiel-puig-home-run-sparks-dodgers-ninth-inning-comeback-video

Dude is on roids
RangerRick9211
AG
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?month=10&day=29&year=2017&game=gid_2017_10_29_lanmlb_houmlb_1%2F

Good zone last night as well. So many casuals taking the Fox overlay as gospel and running to Twitter to complain about it, e.g. Seager's K.
astros4545
AG
Buck Compton said:

I'd give the nod to Bregman taking into account defense as well

Also I have $5 on Bregman for MVP at 33-1

I also have Springer at 20-1

Those were the only 2 bets I made
Ecce Homo
Pitching having a 5.5 ERA with a WHIP of 1.15 is ridiculous. So many stupid homeruns after walks.
First Page Last Page
Page 1514 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.