***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,260 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Boiling Denim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kershaw's gonna have a wet dream tonight thinking about pitching against these guys tomorrow
gambochaman
AG
Now we have to somehow beat kershaw to avoid goig to LA down 3-2
TXAG14
We have to beat Kershaw to have a chance at this thing. Not the greatest feeling.
mwm
Why do I have so much disdain for jockstrap?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Terrible choice to bring in Giles. Terrible hitting puts us in a big hole. Gotta hope we somehow get to Kershaw tomorrow.
gambochaman
AG
hinch is a gdamn idiot

This team wins in spite of him
n_touch
How many pitches will he throw? 8 max?
titanmaster_race
TayTrox34 said:

TexasAggieJTL said:

TayTrox34 said:

You guys are ****ing ******ed. This is not on Hinch. Giles just sucked a fat dick. It's all on Giles. Period.

AJ put him in
who would you put in?

Leave devo in until he gets in trouble. Lefties coming up and devo owns lefties. So stupid.
Aggie95
AG
Kashchei said:

Ecce Homo said:

Turning point

I have a feeling Kershaw mows us down again tomorrow.

no question.
mazag08
AG
TayTrox34 said:

TexasAggieJTL said:

TayTrox34 said:

You guys are ****ing ******ed. This is not on Hinch. Giles just sucked a fat dick. It's all on Giles. Period.

AJ put him in
who would you put in?

Do what's been successful all ****ing postseason and don't make a change for the sake of change.

It's telling that Hinchs best coaching decisions have been the moves he hasn't made. **** him.
JohnnyTexAg1995
We will be good guys! Freaking Have Faith We've seen this team bounce back! Don't run for the hills yet!
iBrad
AG
I like Hinch, but what in the hell has Giles shown lately that would make putting him in a tight game is a good idea? The guy has been straight trash all postseason. Giles better be done for the year unless he comes in for mop up duty.
screw-tu
Hopefully it's the last we see of him EVER
Wabs
AG
100% of the blame goes to Hinch,
Beat40
Yeah, I think Giles is done this series.

Man, can't believe we got 1-hit by a guy who hasn't pitched but once this month. We did not make him work in the 1st. He had no control.

While Giles really let us down, this offense should have had Wood's number this game.
titanmaster_race
TXAG14 said:

We have to beat Kershaw to have a chance at this thing. Not the greatest feeling.

Nah, I can definitely see Verlander topping hill for game 6 and then Mccullers balling out in Game 7.

But sure would be nice to go to LA with a series lead.
JABQ04
AG
I don't even know what to say to the collapse that just happened. I do know I want a purge a la Stalin of the bull pen during the off-season.

And for the record I don't blame Musgrove. He hasn't pitched in a while and Giles left him in a ****ty spot.
mazag08
AG
iBrad said:

I like Hinch, but what in the hell has Giles shown lately that would make putting him in a tight game is a good idea? The guy has been straight trash all postseason. Giles better be done for the year unless he comes in for mop up duty.

Hinchs notecard said it was time. And even though letting guys who have been successful stay in has worked, the notecard said to bring in the only guy on the team with no confidence.
Aggie95
AG
titanmaster_race said:

TayTrox34 said:

TexasAggieJTL said:

TayTrox34 said:

AJ put him in
who would you put in?

Leave devo in until he gets in trouble. Lefties coming up and devo owns lefties. So stupid.

never...NEVER take out a reliever that's getting outs.
Frok
AG
Wabs said:

Absolutely. Everyone knew it but him. He's stubbornly stupid.
mm98
AG
So, mccann CAN bunt.
Philip J Fry
AG
Personally, I blame Yuli. I think that whole thing was a huge ****ing distraction.
Agmaniacmike12
The starters have been money out of the bullpen, I figured McHugh was first out of the pen. Curious given the success we've had with tandem starts.
TXAG14
Possibly the slowest guy in the MLB tried to bunt on. Lovely!
mwm
MaCann with a bunt????
screw-tu
JABQ04 said:

I don't even know what to say to the collapse that just happened. I do know I want a purge a la Stalin of the bull pen during the off-season.

And for the record I don't blame Musgrove. He hasn't pitched in a while and Giles left him in a ****ty spot.

Absolutely
PoppaB05
AG
Peacock, Devenski, McHugh, Musgrove and of course Morton and the rest of the starters after their start. That's the only people I want to see out of the bullpen in high leverage situations. Harris if necessary before the 8th. Giles needs to take a seat next to Gregerson and Liriano
titanmaster_race
Aggie95 said:

titanmaster_race said:

TayTrox34 said:

TexasAggieJTL said:

TayTrox34 said:

AJ put him in
who would you put in?

never...NEVER take out a reliever that's getting outs.
FJB
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Personally, I blame Yuli. I think that whole thing was a huge ****ing distraction.
We were winning tonight.
Who is John Galt?

tremble
AG
**** Giles, **** Hinch
irish pete ag06
AG
Wabs said:

50/50

On Giles and Hinch
Wizard
This ain't good Ags
Kashchei
AG
I'm out of ****ing bourbon too
Philip J Fry
AG
Because of 1 hit. Our offense went stone cold.
jopatura
AG
Giles is even worse when he inherits men LOB. If Devo got in trouble, who were you going to bring in? Giles starting the inning was on paper the best chance we had. This wasn't the time to use McHugh. There's no guarantee that if Morton handed the ball to McHugh that he'd still be in the game. Sure we'd still have Harris and Devo available, but they aren't guarantees either.
First Page Last Page
Page 1429 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.